News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-30-12, 09:38 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Ponies look like toast

Thunder is way faster, and the Mavs look lost.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 09:56 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Game 1 was their chance. Blew it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 11:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Don't count them as gone yet....
Old 04-30-12, 11:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm not convinced OKC will win this series going away. If they can't put the Mavs away on their homecourt they certainly aren't going to do it in Dallas.
Old 04-30-12, 11:30 PM
The Master Baiter

Terry with the stupid foul on Durant at the end. Terry had never been a smart one.
Old 04-30-12, 11:39 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Nice Choke job for the Dallas.

OKC will win this series.

Dallas will not be able to keep up with this OKC team They are STRONG on the road. Dallas is not as strong on the Road. OKC are 21-12 on the road this year. Vs. Dallas is 13-20. Also OKC dominates the Western conf with 34-14 while Dallas is only 26-22.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-30-12, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Dallas by all means should be getting killed. They are completely overmatched, but they hung in both games and made OKC work hard to protect home court. Either Dallas is really good or OKC isn't.
Old 04-30-12, 11:55 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Dallas could easily be up 2-0. Oh well. I'd rather face Dallas over OKC.
Old 05-01-12, 07:43 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Dallas could easily be up 2-0. Oh well. I'd rather face Dallas over OKC.
I don't think think OKC will even get past the lakers. Westbrook didn't do anything when Kobe guarded in the last game and Perkins and Ibaka cant contain Gasol and Bynum. Comes down to harden and Durant and we know artest and Barnes will pound those two and make them earn everything they get

- Confucius
Old 05-01-12, 08:07 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Dallas is playing OKC tough, and the Thunder are not giving very good performances. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Mavs take the next 2 games in Dallas.

$
Old 05-01-12, 10:27 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Thunder is way faster, and the Mavs look lost.
Completly disagree. Both games have came down to the last possesion. Dallas had a chance to win both games in OKC. I don't see Dallas losing at home. Hopeing for a 7 game series!
Old 05-01-12, 10:33 AM
The Master Baiter

I would expect the Mavs to tie the series up. If it weren't for a lucky shot in game 1 and a stupid foul by Terry yesterday, this is a different series.
Old 05-01-12, 11:14 AM

Jason Terry will continue to do stupid things. Nothing will change.
Old 05-01-12, 11:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

They lose first 2 games on the road by a combined 4 pts (the first loss due to a desparation shot from Durant)... and you think they are getting housed by OKC? Dallas has been playing them respectable. Not great, but to say this is anything but close is crazy.
Old 05-01-12, 01:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Thunder should win, but this one is too close to call.
Old 05-01-12, 03:10 PM

Mavs are playing them close, but they have systemic flaws on both sides of the ball that keep them from closing out games. Their offense is haphazard and their defense relies exclusively on Marion & Kidd.
Old 05-01-12, 03:43 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Mavs are playing them close, but they have systemic flaws on both sides of the ball that keep them from closing out games. Their offense is haphazard and their defense relies exclusively on Marion & Kidd.
You just described the Thunder too.
Old 05-01-12, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
You just described the Thunder too.
But the Thunder is (are?) more talented by far.
Old 05-01-12, 06:34 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

...so I'll elaborate...

I didn't say that the Mavs were getting hosed or blown out. I said that they look slow and lost. If the Thunder knew how to close out playoffs games early (and they don't), this would be a no-contest series so far. Dirk is still Dirk, but age is beginning to have an effect, and he's not getting much help.

Thunder have a world of talent, but IMHO they aren't mentally tough yet.
Old 05-01-12, 06:40 PM

Yeah, OKC is running on pure talent and enthusiasm right now. Just wait till they run into a mentally tougher and experienced team. We'll see how they hold up then.

Also I agree about Dirk. He's not the one-man solution anymore. He is playing one on five out there and he can't do it anymore.
Old 05-01-12, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
...so I'll elaborate...

I didn't say that the Mavs were getting hosed or blown out. I said that they look slow and lost. If the Thunder knew how to close out playoffs games early (and they don't), this would be a no-contest series so far. Dirk is still Dirk, but age is beginning to have an effect, and he's not getting much help.

Thunder have a world of talent, but IMHO they aren't mentally tough yet.
I think this series is likely to develope their mental toughness. Their next round opponent is not likely to face the same OKC team they have come to expect.
Old 05-03-12, 10:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Hahahaha. Ponies going out with a whimper. Cuban looks like he want to cry. Crowd filing out with 11 minutes still left in game. Almost as a good as watching Spurs win is watching Ponies collapse.
Old 05-03-12, 11:08 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVas View Post
Dallas by all means should be getting killed. They are completely overmatched, but they hung in both games and made OKC work hard to protect home court. Either Dallas is really good or OKC isn't.
Yeah they tried hard on the road, but it seems they are just done now... This is a BLOWOUT! Game three at home I expected them to win, damn they got killed.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-04-12, 09:25 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Like I said....toast.
Old 05-04-12, 09:32 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

For those of you who thought Christmas was in December.....WRONG! Thank you MAVS!!!!!!!

Is it okay to celebrate the Mavs getting ousted in the 1st round............or is there some draft advantage the Mavs have to being ousted in the 1st round???????

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-04-12, 09:50 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

wow, didn't see that coming. They played OKC tough on the road, figured they would win at home.
Old 05-04-12, 09:51 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yup, ponies are toast.

Looks like a 4 or 5 game series at best now.

$
Old 05-04-12, 10:16 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Those two close road losses crushed them it seems. Cuban took the year off anyway. He wanted to be in position for Deron Williams this summer.
Old 05-04-12, 10:31 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Dallas is now really TOAST!
Old 05-04-12, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Put a fork in them cuz they're done haha

- Confucius
Old 05-04-12, 01:36 PM

It's over.
Old 05-04-12, 03:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Cuban better pray Williams decides to come to Dallas. He can't get Howard and Williams both. NJ still has all the cards. Trade for Howard and resign Williams. Moving to a new arena, you gotta figure they will do whatever it takes to get both of these guys in the fold
Old 05-04-12, 04:29 PM
Banned

Old 05-04-12, 05:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Awesome share Rod

He reminds of the heat miser character.
Old 05-04-12, 06:06 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

I'm surprised that the mavs didn't come out in game 3 and really try, don't understand the complete lack of pride they're showing but I'm not really surprised that OKC is leading the series.

There's no real reason for Williams to come to Dallas, he'd be joining a team that is already looking like they're rebuilding. Cuban let too many key pieces leave and now the mavs will be settling into their normal place in the middle of the pack.
Old 05-04-12, 11:07 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Can we say OKC sweet sweeps the reigning defending champs Mavs?!
Nice choking Job even at home for the defending champs!

You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 05-05-12, 02:13 PM
The Eternal Optimist

They some really crucial parts as far as their defensive toughness and mental toughness were concerned, so it is surprising they survived as well as they did.
Old 05-06-12, 12:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Old 05-06-12, 08:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Sucks about Perkins, that guy is fragile.
Old 05-07-12, 01:55 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

so, was this series real "to develope OKC mental toughness"
being sweept that way?