News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-12, 04:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Barry dissecting Spurs/Parker on GameTime

I kept missing Brent Barry's (the whole crew on GameTime for that matter) assessment of the Spurs win and Parker's dominating performance againsts the Jazz. I was curious if he was cringing when he was talking or skipped that segment altogether!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 10:18 PM
SpursReport Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2InARowIn210 View Post
I kept missing Brent Barry's (the whole crew on GameTime for that matter) assessment of the Spurs win and Parker's dominating performance againsts the Jazz. I was curious if he was cringing when he was talking or skipped that segment altogether!

Thats funny that you say that..because i noticed everytime they do the Spurs Highlights..he never talks...just look at it next time...when they are talking about other teams he will say something..but not the spurs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 10:40 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

FACT: TP is playing at a very high LEVEL and no one can deny that.

Whoever ignores this is an idiot or jealous bastard....

What an idiots those 2 Barry bothers!

I still remember when Brent started his career as a Spurs he was talking how his kid LOVES to watch TP playing and it was his favorite moment to be in that AT and T center to watch the game.
I asked them if it wasn't too much trouble, if I wasn't being too pushy, if they could execute what we were trying to do. And if it didn't make them too angry, if they also wanted to play some defense on the other end, that would be great.
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 04-30-12, 10:50 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post

I still remember when Brent started his career as a Spurs he was talking how his kid LOVES to watch TP playing and it was his favorite moment to be in that AT and T center to watch the game.
wife's favorite player too!
Old 04-30-12, 10:53 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post

umm, i dont think this thread is about any idiot who is 'ignoring' the spurs or denying them anything... this is more of a big boy thread. but its cute u chimed in.
Old 04-30-12, 10:55 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
zzzing
Old 04-30-12, 11:05 PM

So we can expect the two idiot Barry's to stay quiet when they mention the Spurs esp about TP.

That is fine who cares!
I asked them if it wasn't too much trouble, if I wasn't being too pushy, if they could execute what we were trying to do. And if it didn't make them too angry, if they also wanted to play some defense on the other end, that would be great.
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 04-30-12, 11:35 PM
The Master Baiter

Can't fault him for not being thrilled with a team that has the player that allegedly ended his marriage. Doesn't mean he's an idiot, he's human.
Old 04-30-12, 11:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I have heard Brent talk a lot about the Spurs all through the year, he has never ignored the Spurs, now like said he probably is not interested in talking about TP..... or even txting about him....
Old 04-30-12, 11:50 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
I have heard Brent talk a lot about the Spurs all through the year, he has never ignored the Spurs, now like said he probably is not interested in talking about TP..... or even txting about him....
What TP did was wrong but it takes two to tango!
Old 04-30-12, 11:54 PM

I can see how Brent is being challenged here when they talk Spurs.

Maybe just maybe this job is emotionally too hard for Brent during the PO?
And Maybe NBATV should realize that and put another one instead of him there!!

Going by what jrtristan said above.

Not talking about Spurs and especially TP sounds like ignoring them.
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 05-01-12, 01:54 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
What TP did was wrong but it takes two to tango!
Agreed Will but Brent was not part of the Tango so he deserves to be unhappy with him if it all happened as reported....
Old 05-01-12, 10:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Typical Spurs, this was a really big situation and yet there was hardly any press about it. I feel for Barry cuz he was a very proud member of the Spurs Family and what it stood for but that has obviously crushed. I have noticed that he won't talk during the Spurs segment commentating. That really sucks!!!
Old 05-02-12, 05:25 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Must be very uncomfortable for him and his family. I feel for him.
Old 05-02-12, 07:24 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
We have a winner!
Old 05-02-12, 10:03 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I completely understand Brent's feeling on the matter, you bastards should lay off. He IS still a proud Spur and often represents the team (TBJ Tour: No Season Required — Day 21 | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com). Just because he doesn't want to talk about the guy that ruined his marriage, doesn't mean he doesn't love the team.
Old 05-02-12, 11:59 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I do recall hearing Jon say he had the up most respect for Parker and the spurs organization a few weeks ago. I can't remember the exact words but I was surprised to hear them. That's the only time I've heard him mention Parker.
Old 05-02-12, 12:17 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Can we just get back to talking Basketball?
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 05-02-12, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
Can we just get back to talking Basketball?
when we are done with the scrimmages with the jazz and start the playoffs we can, for now, there isnt much to talk about
Old 05-02-12, 03:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Brent: When Tony Parker sets his mind to getting to the hole no one can stop him! Just when you think you got him stopped he goes back door and you get burned. And no one finishes like him. A little French off the ass, er, glass and he always scores...
Old 05-02-12, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtristan2003 View Post
Thats funny that you say that..because i noticed everytime they do the Spurs Highlights..he never talks...just look at it next time...when they are talking about other teams he will say something..but not the spurs
This may be a NBA TV mandated policy.
Barry can't be expected to display an unbiased opinion of Parker. This may extend to the Spurs.

Maybe Barry asked to be recused from commenting about the Spurs for a year or two when he was hired.

It's kind of silly to beat him up over this so soon after the divorces were finalized.
Old 05-02-12, 09:16 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

The other night during a game I heard him talking Spurs alot and they were not even playing in that game! Brent is a good dude, can't blame him for being sour but he was a good part of our team and gets respect from me.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.