News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-12, 12:50 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Rajon Rondo gets ejected in Celtics' loss to Hawks!!!!!!!

LINK

Unbelievable!!

Old 04-30-12, 12:55 AM

Here is the USA Today Report!

Not having Ray Allen because of a right ankle injury hampered the Boston Celtics' offense severely in Game 1.

Now they might not have point guard Rajon Rondo, who was ejected for arguing a call with an official and then appeared to bump him, for Game 2 vs. the Atlanta Hawks.

"I deserved the first tech," Rondo said. "I didn't intentionally chest-bump him, but that's what it appears to be. It's out of my control."

Per NBA policy, ejections are reviewed and because Rondo made contact with an official he'll likely be fined and could face a suspension.

According to the NBA rulebook, "Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate."

Getting in some immediate lobbying, Celtics coach Doc Rivers saw things a bit differently than the replay showed. Not surprisingly, he doesn't think Rondo deserves a suspension.

"I'm always worried, but I would be surprised if that happens," Rivers said. "I thought Rondo was walking toward Marc, and Marc turned back toward him, and that's when Rondo bumped him. … That's all it was, in my opinion. But we'll see."

The Celtics missed Allen immensely as their offense went stagnant during key stretches and trailed by as many as 19 points in the 83-74 loss, but Rondo stepped up.

He scored a team-high 20 points on 10-for-18 shooting, and had game-highs of 11 assists and four steals.

With Boston trailing 78-74 with 41 seconds left, there was a furious scramble for a loose ball. Hawks forward Josh Smith came up with it and Celtics forward Brandon Bass was called for a personal foul.

Bass fouled out. Rondo exploded with anger towards referee Marc Davis, received a technical, continue to follow him and then stumbled and bumped him with his chest.

Smith said he was definitely fouled as he scrambled for the loose ball with Bass.

"That was the right call they made," Smith said of the potentially series-altering play. "I'm not sure what happened with Rondo. That will be up to the league to see what he did wrong. You never know what's going to happen, but we'll definitely factor him in going to tomorrow."

The Celtics' attempt at a comeback was squashed and they never scored another point.

Without Allen, Boston also missed all 11 of their three-point shots. Paul Pierce was 0-for-6 from long range, Avery Bradley and Mickael Pietrus missed two each and Keyon Dooling missed his only attempt.

In addition to potentially not having Allen and Rondo, Celtics coach Doc Rivers played his veterans a lot. Pierce logged 42 minutes and Garnett 40.

When suspending Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace for seven games, six in the playoffs, for elbowing an opponent in the head, NBA Commissioner David Stern said past behavior factored into his decision.

World Peace had been suspended by the league 12 times and 116 total games.

That might not bode well for Rondo. In a Feb. 19 game at the Detroit Pistons, he was ejected for the first time of his careerin the third quarter after two technical fouls of a 96-81 loss. He was upset that a foul wasn't called, shouted at referee Sean Wright and then tossed the ball at him.

After the game, Rondo told reporters: "Obviously I was upset about the call. I said some words to Marc. I deserved the first tech. As I was walking, I thought he stopped. My momentum carried me into him. I even think I tripped on his foot. I didn't intentionally chest bump him. But that's what it appears to be."

Contributing: The Associated Press
Old 04-30-12, 12:58 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Clear and intentional bump. Rondo just cost the Celts one game and maybe a second. What a doofus...!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Clear and intentional bump. Rondo just cost the Celts one game and maybe a second. What a doofus...!
Hmmm clearly Rondo totally lost his freaking mind....
WTF!
Now I lost a whole lot of respect for Rondo!

Glad none of our Spurs would act that stupid and selfish!!!
Refs can piss you off but you deal with it and play with it..
Old 04-30-12, 07:32 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Better be suspended

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Given the past record of suspensions for contact, and the clear "squaring the shoulders", he will definitely be out for one game at least. What a lack of professional judgment!
Old 04-30-12, 09:19 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I didn't "lose any respect" for Rondo or anything like that. It was a dumb play and he lost his cool, but the Celtics were really playing super hard to come back. And he didnt mean to bump him I'm sure. Hey, even Duncan bumped an official once.

Too bad Rondo couldn't keep his cool there, looks like he cost the Celtics at least one game.

$
Old 04-30-12, 09:38 AM
The Master Baiter

Let's not get high and mighty. If, as fans, we want to stomp an official's face in from our couches (particularly the inconsistent NBA refs) imagine being a player.
Old 04-30-12, 02:55 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
......... Hey, even Duncan bumped an official once.
Timmy has learned to 'smile' at the refs occasionally, particularly when Joey Crawford is officiating. But no laughing on the bench!
Old 04-30-12, 05:49 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

A $55 million dollar man with a two dollar head.

Enjoy your head case boston.......this will not be the last time he does something stupid.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 04-30-12, 08:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
A $55 million dollar man with a two dollar head.

Enjoy your head case boston.......this will not be the last time he does something stupid.
Exactly. I personally didn't lose any respect for Rondo after this because it was already gone a long time ago. Given the fact he has already "assaulted" a ref before, he's lucky he didn't get two games.
Old 04-30-12, 11:20 PM
Herman Cain of the board

he threw a ball at a ref earlier this year. two games there. Guess he has a ref fetish lol
Old 04-30-12, 11:30 PM

Rondo is such a spoiled brat and he is in no way to be compared to our HOF Tim Duncan with the ref accident that Duncan had bumped into accidently!!!
Rondo obviously intentionally initiated everything.

It is a selfish and bonehead mistake from Rond which cost the C's to miss him for the next game.

I say selfish because he thinks his personal opinion is more right that the whole TEAM concept. Especially in the PO.... He should know better...

Sometime refs can drive you nuts no question, but you handle it carefully with these wizard refs who have the magic wand. You would use your better judgement and be more patient and give some respect that way you will never get any ejection or suspension especially in the PO!!!!!

Rondo rightfully asked for it and got it to be ejected and suspended.

Last edited by spurscrazed; 04-30-12 at 11:43 PM.