News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-28-12, 02:34 PM

DERRICK ROSE HURT!

nasty injury on his knee. hope he's ok!
Old 04-28-12, 02:51 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I know I just seen it happen....such a shame. Hopefully everything is okay. Looked like his Medical Collateral Ligament (MCL) was tweeked (mabye just a strain) I hope it's not torn. Possibly ACL/medial menicus involved as well. Just pure speculation on my part...
Old 04-28-12, 02:59 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Hope he will shake it off...
But if he had to miss few games, his team will make it the first round IMHO without him. Let's hope he comes back soon.
I want my Spurs to play a healthy Chicago team in the finals.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-12, 04:43 PM
Banned

Tom Thibodeau just lost all credibility as a great coach. What coach worth his salt leaves his supposed franchise player in a game he is winning with 1 minute left in the game.
What Coach runs a system were with one minute left in a game with a 10+ point lead that doesn't run down the clock(like the spurs)

What True Point guard is jumping around like a deer with 1 minute left in a game.

Dude is done. I call Torn ACL and MCL.. If he comes back he will not be the athlete he was.

Time for Rose to learn how to play basketball.

[yt][/yt]

Last edited by Rodny21a; 04-28-12 at 07:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-12, 05:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

that is a shame
Old 04-28-12, 05:15 PM
Banned

[yt][/yt]

Same story different year.
Old 04-28-12, 05:19 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I remember that used to be traveling..........
Bulls should have never played him this series.
Old 04-28-12, 05:52 PM
SR Team Goof

UPDATE: The Chicago Bulls announced Saturday evening that Derrick Rose tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee. He will miss the remainder of the season.

The Chicago Bulls' Game 1 win over the Philadelphia 76ers was a by-the-numbers affair until just less than a minute and a half left to go in the fourth quarter, when Bulls guard and reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose was forced to leave the contest after planting awkwardly on his left knee. While driving on 76ers big man Spencer Hawes, Rose came to a jump stop, shifted uneasily and immediately passed the ball off to teammate Carlos Boozer while clearly aware that something had gone wrong. After writhing on the court for a few minutes, he was helped off by both the Chicago and Philadelphia trainers.

Guesswork isn't going to help much; though Rose was able to gingerly walk off the floor, that is never any indication of health, as both NBA and NFL players have participated in game action without knowing that they were working off of a torn ACL.

Rose — who has suffered through groin, ankle and foot injuries all season, missing 27 games in the process — won't know the extent of his injury until the swelling goes down, and an MRI is performed. If he does have a torn ACL, something that usually results from those non-contact crumples, he will miss the rest of the playoffs and likely Chicago's training camp next fall.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau will take in criticism for having Rose on the floor with his team up 12 so late in the fourth quarter, but though Chicago was in control of the contest throughout, this wasn't a blowout and the former Coach of the Year should be absolved from blame. Though he has tempted fate in the past by leaving Rose and other Bulls on the court deep into one-sided wins, this wasn't an example of that. Rose finished with 23 points, nine rebounds, and nine assists in Chicago's 101-93 win. We will update this post as we learn more, but as for the initial reaction, we will not be able to know anything until the team reveals the results of his upcoming MRI.

Derrick Rose injures his left knee in Chicago?s Game 1 victory over Philadelphia (VIDEO, UPDATED) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
Old 04-28-12, 06:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

thats horrible.... i feel bad for him and hope he can return as a star player next year
Old 04-28-12, 06:32 PM
The Master Baiter

Too bad. I think that he was probably not 100% healthy and that contributed to this injury indirectly. Plus, he really didn't need to be on the court the whole 2nd half. They kept the 76ers about 10pts away the whole time. But they weren't going to make the Finals anyway. He still needs a true superstar next him. I'm of the opinion that a superstar PG is unable to carry a team to championship. They can't be the scorer AND the distributor at the same time. They have a deep, defensive minded team. But they still need a second offensive weapon. Hamilton wasn't going to be enough.
Old 04-28-12, 06:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Derek Rose should have in no way been in the game with a double digit lead with 1:10 remaining in the game considering his injury history, the opponent, and the demonstrated ability of the Bulls to play well without him. And some people wanted to vote Tom Thibideuaxoe COY.

I was watching the Heat's complete obliteration of the Knicks later on and I was dumbfounded as to how Dwayne Wade, given his injury history, was on the floor in the 4th quarter with a 36 point lead. Some coaches just aren't that bright.
Old 04-28-12, 07:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well I guess Tom isn't coach of the year. Idiot! Pop would have pulled guys. I'd be looking for Tom's head for this one!
Old 04-28-12, 08:49 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Well it looks like Rose is done for the year.
That is too bad for him and the Bulls!!! Poor Rose!
I call that Chicago will fight back without him but now with such huge injury so Rose will not be returning at all this playoff.... That makes it really difficult for his team to survive... Therefore I don't think the Bulls will advance to the second round of this PO.

Coach Tom Thibodeau will have to learn from this a huge lesson now.

Playoff coaching is never like regular season coaching and that is only few coaches will survive their teams to the end of that promise land despite having all the talents in the world....

Hope now people who did not appreciate Pop will do more now!!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-28-12, 09:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Well it looks like Rose is done for the year.
That is too bad for him and the Bulls!!! Poor Rose!
I call that Chicago will fight back without him but now with such huge injury so Rose will not be returning at all this playoff.... That makes it really difficult for his team to survive... Therefore I don't think the Bulls will advance to the second round of this PO.

Coach Tom Thibodeau will have to learn from this a huge lesson now.

Playoff coaching is never like regular season coaching and that is only few coaches will survive their teams to the end of that promise land despite having all the talents in the world....

Hope now people who did not appreciate Pop will do more now!!!

The Bulls will 100% advance to the ECSF. They may even make it to the ECF. But, there is no way they'll make it to the finals. This team has proven it can win without Rose. But, in the ECF.

Not to be sore or anything but, a piece of good news, we have homecourt throughout the playoffs now. I know it sounds wrong of me to say but, Chicago isn't making the finals so we have homecourt in the finals...
Old 04-28-12, 09:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Bad news for the bulls. Wasn't like they were making to the finals anyway. Spurs vs heat with us having home court. Miami is a terrible road team and will be exposed when met Pops genius and spurs fundamentally sound squad. Go spurs go!!

- Confucius
Old 04-28-12, 10:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Wow. Schumpert also tore his ACL.
Rough day one to the playoffs. Let's hope that's it.

That just sucks.
Old 04-28-12, 10:01 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Now Bulls fans know how Spurs fans have felt the past couple of years. It stinks to see one of your stars (in their case, their only star) go down with an injury at the beginning of the playoffs.
Old 04-29-12, 02:44 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGyver View Post
The Bulls will 100% advance to the ECSF. They may even make it to the ECF. But, there is no way they'll make it to the finals. This team has proven it can win without Rose. But, in the ECF.

Not to be sore or anything but, a piece of good news, we have homecourt throughout the playoffs now. I know it sounds wrong of me to say but, Chicago isn't making the finals so we have homecourt in the finals...
Let's just make sure we take care of business tomorrow. Very easy to look past the Jazz but Pop better put that video from last season's 1st round on in locker room.
Old 04-29-12, 06:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope he does but with the team we have, he really doesn't need to. This is a squad full of consummate professionals so he doesn't need to tell them because they all ready know what's at stoke. He's mentioned many times previously how he doesn't give speeches and that the big 3 and other vets lead by example and not specifically with words. Go spurs go!

- Confucius
Old 04-29-12, 07:53 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

The Bulls will be okay for the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs. Beyond that, the situation is dicey at best.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 04-29-12, 08:45 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Biggest part of all this is that there is no Dwight no Rose in playoffs. That means only the Celtics pose some threat to the heat. they should have an easy cruise to the finals.
Old 04-29-12, 08:52 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by claco34 View Post
Biggest part of all this is that there is no Dwight no Rose in playoffs. That means only the Celtics pose some threat to the heat. they should have an easy cruise to the finals.
Actually Boston is no cake walk for the heat as the have consistently struggled against them. Now if Allen is not healthy if and when they meet, then that's a different story. But if he were to be healthy then that will be fun and not so easy for the heat to advance like yore assuming

- Confucius
Old 04-29-12, 09:17 AM
The Master Baiter

I think the Knicks are going to put a scare into the Heat. The Heat are not as great as they looked yesterday. If you have the personnel to put on Lebron and Wade to just make things harder for them, you can beat them.
Old 04-29-12, 10:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I think the Knicks are going to put a scare into the Heat. The Heat are not as great as they looked yesterday. If you have the personnel to put on Lebron and Wade to just make things harder for them, you can beat them.
I like that series matchup and think the Knicks will take it to the heat on Monday much like Dallas will the next time they play at OKC. Miami played its best game yesterday and apparently the Knicks did not put forth appropriate effort. If Knicks lay another egg in the next game, then that series will be over even though miami is a terrible road team. Need to take that confidence early and not reward them with home victories.

- Confucius
Old 04-29-12, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claco34 View Post
if the Pacers win their series, Miami would have to play them. the Celtics would play the Hawks then probablya Rose-less Bulls team or the Sixers.

the Celtics could have the easiest road to the Finals if they get there.
Old 04-29-12, 10:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

FWIW, the Spurs effectively have home court for every series they're able to advance to.
Old 04-29-12, 11:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthousandaces View Post
FWIW, the Spurs effectively have home court for every series they're able to advance to.
Yes and they rightfully deserve it. This year we will capitalize and get Timmy, pop and rc their ring fingers

- Confucius
Old 04-29-12, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

just terrible.
Old 04-30-12, 01:25 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

dang!!! i just go away saturday, sunday and today there are rose out for season, caron butler broken hand, tiago scare (hopefully) dang to many injuries!! in a playoffs opener!