News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-27-12, 10:53 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Bill Simmons hilarious comment!!!

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Georgia]Here's the best-case scenario for a Vinny-Popovich matchup in Round 2.

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://youtu.be/HxWCAJS7Co8
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Georgia]
as part of this article

[/FONT][/COLOR]LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, the Spurs and more storylines from the 2012 NBA Playoffs - Grantland
Old 04-27-12, 10:58 PM
Administrator

3. Kobe Bryant
2. Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich
1. LeBron James

Lumping the last three together because, from a legacy standpoint, they have the most at stake. If the Lakers win the title, "Kobe vs. Jordan" becomes a legitimate conversation to the chagrin of everyone who believes Jordan was the greatest basketball player who ever lived who ever lived and that we're never seeing another MJ. You know I'm in that camp, but at some point, the sheer girth of Kobe's résumé is going to outlive every reverential Jordan story. With a sixth ring, Kobe only has to break the scoring record and become the owner of an NBA team that disgraces itself by finishing 5-77 to truly threaten Jordan's throne.

As for Duncan and Popovich, they have a chance to win titles 13 seasons apart — something that's never even come close to happening in the NBA. Riley and Magic-Kareem won titles six seasons apart. Auerbach and Russell won titles nine seasons apart. But 13??? Will we ever see that again? And also, a fifth Spurs title would propel them into the "Greatest Runs Ever" discussion along with Russell's Celtics (13 years, 11 titles), MJ's Bulls (eight years, six titles), Mikan's Minneapolis teams (six years, five titles) and Kahn's Timberwolves (just kidding). Throw in Duncan's legacy, Parker's Hall of Fame candidacy, Ginobili's Hall of Fame candidacy and the thought of Stephen Jackson, Matt Bonner, Boris Diaw and Boris Diaw's boobs hugging at midcourt in the single strangest basketball moment of all time and, other than that, there's nothing at stake here.

And by the way, the Spurs should win the title — they have the deepest team, multiple crunch-time scorers, killer outside shooting, some much-needed swagger (thanks to Captain Jack's emotional return), the best coach and the best identity (at this point, they know EXACTLY what they are). Maybe if Ginobili weren't playing hurt and they hadn't run into the Z-Bo Chainsaw, it would have been them instead of Dallas last year. Regardless, they have one really good crack at history here. Will they do it? I felt so unsure of my pick that I didn't even have the heart to stick it in the column — I relegated it to the footnotes.5

5. So what about a Finals pick? I'm instituting a new rule this year … "Once you make a prediction for a season, you can't change it during the season." Back in December, I picked Miami over Memphis in the Finals so I'm stuck with it. That means …

ROUND ONE: Bulls over Sixers in four … Heat over Knicks in seven … Pacers over Magic in six … Celtics over Hawks in six … Spurs over Jazz in six … OKC over Dallas in five … Lakers over Denver in six … Grizzlies over Clippers in five.
ROUND TWO: Bulls over Celtics in seven … Heat over Pacers in six … Grizzlies over Spurs in seven … OKC over Lakers in seven.
ROUND THREE: Heat over Bulls in seven … Grizzlies over OKC in six.
FINALS: Heat over Grizzlies in six.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ayoffs-preview
Old 04-27-12, 11:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Grizz beat us again? Get out of here with that bs

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-12, 12:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

i think if he was picking now hed pick us, it seemed that way if you read the last paragraph on us, he went on to say he just HAS to stick with his preseason pick
Old 04-28-12, 06:17 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
12. Shaquille O'Neal

Hate to keep belaboring this … but can TNT trade Shaq before the playoffs so we can enjoy Inside the NBA in peace? Can they send him to the NBC Sports Network for Mike Milbury? What about Shaq to ESPN along with two no. 1 picks, $2 million, and the rights to Season 4 of Franklin & Bash for Stephen A. Smith? Can they just amnesty him? Did TNT get an amnesty clause in the new labor agreement? Why isn't this a bigger deal? IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! I NEED ME SOME CHUCK AND I NEED ME SOME KENNY! WE WERE DOING FINE! WE WERE DOING FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad to know that I'm not the only one tired of Shaq's tired routine. Seriously, does anyone over the age of 10 think he's funny?
Old 04-28-12, 07:23 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Shaqtin the fool!!! is hilarious@
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-12, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden View Post
So glad to know that I'm not the only one tired of Shaq's tired routine. Seriously, does anyone over the age of 10 think he's funny?
You're not the only one shelden.
Old 04-28-12, 11:51 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

The only thing that should stay is Shaqtin a fool
Old 04-28-12, 07:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

And they call the Spurs boring?
Old 04-29-12, 12:09 AM
SpursReport Regulator

8. Tony Allen

For Memphis to make the Finals, Trick or Treat Tony needs to unleash the full-fledged Trick or Treat Tony defensive experience on Chris Paul, Manu Ginobili and either Kobe Bryant or Russell Westbrook. And you know what? I think it happens. I believe in the power of full-fledged Trick or Treat Tony. Belatedly … but still.

I think Bill Simmons still thinks that Manu still have a broken bone in his elbow.....Bill must still think that the tooth fairy is for real too
Old 04-29-12, 07:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think bill is great, even if you dont agree though i definatly dont agree with his prediction ( i dont even think he agree's with it, which is why he made it a foot note) I can understand why he made it and its logical. If the spurs lose to Memphis it will be because their front court and to some extent how well tony allen defends manu. I think the spurs solved their problems from last season and will make the grizz play our style and make them adjust to us and not the other way around. I dont think the grizz our used to making adjustments...usually they're the ones dictating things. However I dont think bs took into account that the spurs owned the grizz this season, much like that grizz owned the spurs last season. I doubt he watched a ton of spurs basketball much like i didnt watch a ton of Celtic basketball.