News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-27-12, 12:11 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Patty F'ing Mills!

I can't believe there isn't already a thread congratulating this kid for droppin' 34 points and 12 Assists on the (albeit meaningless) Warriors last night!

He showed more cojones than Stephen Jackson -- who has shown less cojones than even Richard Jefferson lately. And took charge of the Bug Three Less Spurs last night. Even managed to steal the ball once or twice and out rebound some of the tall punks in Oakland.

Stephen A Smith, make fun of his name all you want, this kid is FOR REAL and easily the best backup point guard in the entire Ene Beh A!

Go Patty! Go F'in Spurs!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-12, 12:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

NEW ARTICLE:

Australian basketballer Patty Mills continues to make a serious mark in the NBA – playing

Sports Highlights

himself into the record books and timely form ahead of the Boomers’ Olympic campaign.

Mills posted the highest single-game score by an Australian in the NBA with 34 points in the San Antonio Spurs’ 107-101 win over Golden State Warriors.

Mills surpassed Andrew Bogut’s 32-point haul against Bogut’s new club in the match in

Oakland, California on Friday (AEST).

And he continues to make the most of the mid-season NBA lifeline thrown to him a few weeks ago, stepping up as starters Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili were rested ahead of the Spurs’ looming playoff campaign.

“I was very pumped to have this opportunity. I felt very comfortable to just slide in there and take it on with both hands,” Mills told The Associated Press.

It was Mills’ second successive breakout game – backing up from his impressive 27 points against Phoenix the previous night.

Mills had an explosive first half with 18 points.

Then as Golden State paid him closer attention, he turned playmaker – finishing with 12 assists for the match.

Mills is playing under Boomers head coach Brett Brown, who is an assistant at the Spurs, and Brown is thrilled with how his star guard is performing.

With Bogut out of the Olympic Games because of injury, point guard Mills is now set to be Australia’s go-to man in London.

“He took advantage of a unique opportunity where you get extended minutes and … he really did a great job of taking advantage of the situation,” Brown said.

“To be able to put back-to-back games (together) as he did against young guys and athletes is a real credit to him and the Spurs structure.

“He’s really done a fantastic job of fitting in with the team on all levels from a playing perspective, to being a great teammate.

“He’s been a real positive addition to the program.”

Mills is likely to find himself back on the bench when the Spurs play game one of their NBA playoff series against Utah Jazz on Monday.

The Spurs are chasing a fifth NBA title.

Should that happen, Mills would join Luc Longley (Chicago) and Andrew Gaze (San Antonio) as Australian NBA championship winners.

Patty Mills scores 34 points in NBA match | The Roar
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-12, 12:30 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

HAHAHAHA i was about to post the exact same thread title LOLOL!!
Old 04-27-12, 01:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Patty Patty Patty....oi oi oi!
Old 04-27-12, 01:15 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The main thing that sucks about this is he's not likely to get much PT with us and will surely opt out of his player option this summer and become a FA. I'm sure he'll get a nice gig somewhere.
Old 04-27-12, 01:54 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I would hope he moves into the rotation ; maybe mid series becaus a back K
Court of Neal and Mills would murder any team. I think he's coming into his own as a spur and deserves to be considered the back up pg
Old 04-27-12, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Is it certain that Patty is a FA this summer?

I love this guy and certainly see him as having more upside than Cory.
Old 04-27-12, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Is it certain that Patty is a FA this summer?

I love this guy and certainly see him as having more upside than Cory.
$1 mill player option
Old 04-27-12, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
$1 mill player option
OK, how much (do you think) would it cost to keep him?
Old 04-27-12, 04:17 PM

there may be someone who may overpay him (especially if we win a title).

it wouldn't be totally impossible for a Miami Heat to want him....same with Lakers & their MLE
Old 04-27-12, 04:36 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Let's win a title and worry about that later!

Guess I head to HEB this weekend, buy a 4pk of Guinness to drain one after each victory.

Little habit I started in the middle '90's. Watch the game, listen to Spurs React and sip a brew. Other than having to buy NBA League Pass because the games aren't all local, it's one of those little things I miss since moving.
EVENTUALLY, WOAI internet feed kicks in, but it's just not the same.

Teevee off, radio on, coach interview and then Andy Everett(sp?) to take us through the next 90 minutes (minus however much time it takes to get to the required top or bottom of the hour (unless it was a west coast game, and then it's until the next 6 or 12)).
Old 04-27-12, 10:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I still don't understand his situation!

1) Why did Portland release him?

2) Why didn't any other teams pick him up that whole time he was out of the NBA?

Are the rest of the NBA GM's really that bad?
Old 04-27-12, 11:53 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

LOVE the TOUGH Minded Game I saw from our reserves last night and the night before that.

Tiago showed up Great the night before!

and Mills took over the game last night!

Seriously though Mills Rock!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-28-12, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave View Post
I still don't understand his situation!

1) Why did Portland release him?

2) Why didn't any other teams pick him up that whole time he was out of the NBA?

Are the rest of the NBA GM's really that bad?
i just think he didn't want to go back to the Blazers. we couldn't sign him until they renounced his rights.
Old 04-28-12, 01:12 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Let's win a title and worry about that later!

Guess I head to HEB this weekend, buy a 4pk of Guinness to drain one after each victory.

Little habit I started in the middle '90's. Watch the game, listen to Spurs React and sip a brew. Other than having to buy NBA League Pass because the games aren't all local, it's one of those little things I miss since moving.
EVENTUALLY, WOAI internet feed kicks in, but it's just not the same.

Teevee off, radio on, coach interview and then Andy Everett(sp?) to take us through the next 90 minutes (minus however much time it takes to get to the required top or bottom of the hour (unless it was a west coast game, and then it's until the next 6 or 12)).
Didn't u get most of the games on FSN?
Old 04-28-12, 07:21 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Didn't u get most of the games on FSN?
Not in Houston. We get Fox Sports Houston.
I got to watch the Rockets gag their way into the lottery on free teevee. And listen to Clyde Drexler. Blech.
Old 04-28-12, 08:24 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think Mills would really help punish the Jazz with his sweet stroke and ability to slash into the lane.
Old 04-28-12, 12:09 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i just think he didn't want to go back to the Blazers. we couldn't sign him until they renounced his rights.
I kind of liken Patty's situation to a deja vu all over again, like that of Jeremy Lin who was given added playing time only to show everybody he has talent. As for signing Patty to a longer term, hopefully Coach Brett Brown can intercede and maybe influence on behalf of the Spurs. If the Spurs win their 5th title, maybe the FO should consider bringing everybody back.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 04-28-12, 01:30 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I kind of liken Patty's situation to a deja vu all over again, like that of Jeremy Lin who was given added playing time only to show everybody he has talent. As for signing Patty to a longer term, hopefully Coach Brett Brown can intercede and maybe influence on behalf of the Spurs. If the Spurs win their 5th title, maybe the FO should consider bringing everybody back.
Keeping the team together is a nice thought, but the Spurs tried it after their last title with mediocre results. Players like Oberto had pretty much hit their peaks, and the FO should have made adjustments. But the idea of letting the team defend its title was too tempting.

Timmy has looked brilliant in his limited minutes this year, but he's just turned 36 and has a new contract due. Manu has been a highlight reel over the past few weeks, but he's always one injury away from being useless. Neal, Green and Blair have been great role players, but the FO can't be tempted to pay them as if they were stars.

If the Spurs plan to have relevance after the coming end of the Big 3 era, the team needs to continue being prudent and to continue mapping a new, long-term path.

SA needs to build around TP, Tiago and Kawhi. Keeping highly valuable pieces like Diaw, Green, Neal, Patty and Blair only works if they fit into a modest budget that allows for future flexibility.