News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-12, 03:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs Open Playoffs on Sunday at 12:00 CST!!!!

Bulls, Heat, Thunder open NBA playoffs Saturday
The Associated Press – 4 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) Chicago, Miami and Oklahoma City will open the NBA playoffs Saturday, though their opponents are still to be determined.

Indiana also will host Orlando in its postseason opener Saturday, one of the few matchups that is set entering Thursday's final day of play.

The Bulls are the top seed in the Eastern Conference and will host either New York or Philadelphia. No. 2 Miami will face whichever of those teams finishes higher in the standings, with the Knicks holding the tiebreaker if they finish with the same record.

The Thunder, No. 2 in the West, will meet either NBA champion Dallas or Denver in the first round.

On Sunday, West top seed San Antonio opens against Utah, while the Lakers, the Pacific Division champs and No. 3 seed, get the Mavericks or Nuggets.

Boston-Atlanta and Memphis-Clippers also start Sunday, though home-court advantage for those series won't be known until Thursday night.

The full schedules will be released after Thursday's games.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-12, 04:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nice to be on equal footing with LA, get to play on Sunday too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-12, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Do you think that Pop MIGHT have played some of Duncan/Parker/Manu if the NBA had announced on Tuesday that playoff teams playing road games Thursday would play Sunday?

I haven't looked at the schedule, or know what insight it might have held Tuesday. The league, though, could have seen that SA was playing Wed/Thu on the road. A quick call to RC and maybe Parker plays against Nash in his final PHX game. Or Manu.

Then again, maybe the league did make the call and Pop offered them a good view of his middle finger on both hands. No way to know.

Last edited by katyspursfan; 04-26-12 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Than does not mean then. Took a quote to see it.
Old 04-26-12, 05:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Do you think that Pop MIGHT have played some of Duncan/Parker/Manu if the NBA had announced on Tuesday that playoff teams playing road games Thursday would play Sunday?

I haven't looked at the schedule, or know what insight it might have held Tuesday. The league, though, could have seen that SA was playing Wed/Thu on the road. A quick call to RC and maybe Parker plays against Nash in his final PHX game. Or Manu.

Than again, maybe the league did make the call and Pop offered them a good view of his middle finger on both hands. No way to know.
I dont think pop would have changed a thing. I like that our b squad is getting tested befor the playoffs. If anything pop is showing his hand on how great our back ups are. spurs continue there streak of winning at least 50 games...count it!
Old 04-26-12, 05:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox86182 View Post
I dont think pop would have changed a thing. I like that our b squad is getting tested befor the playoffs. If anything pop is showing his hand on how great our back ups are. spurs continue there streak of winning at least 50 games...count it!
Not a bet I'd make, unless it was your money

Then again, GSW is still trying to protect that 6th pick (I think). The West Coast version of Suck for Luck! Been at work all day, and not sure of how things worked out yesterday or today.
Old 04-26-12, 07:08 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Gah. Ive been planning on saturday and monday for the games I have tickets for. Guess Im rearranging those plans.
Old 04-26-12, 09:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Good get to watch them Sunday!

- Confucius
Old 04-26-12, 10:36 PM
Play-By-Play Moderator

Game 1 at noon as per TNT.
Old 04-27-12, 12:12 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

Then again, GSW is still trying to protect that 6th pick (I think). The West Coast version of Suck for Luck! Been at work all day, and not sure of how things worked out yesterday or today.
Old 04-28-12, 12:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'll be there! GO SPURS GO
Old 04-28-12, 01:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

Firefox, hope you made that bet!

Of course, GSW did their part to try and hold onto their lottery pick and screw UTA.