News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-12, 02:04 PM

Hayward says Jazz will "shock the world"

Back in 1999, after another condensed lockout season, a young player on an eighth team made a promise.

It was the promise heard 'round the world as Kevin Garnett proclaimed he and his Minnesota Timberwolves would "shock the world" against the first-seeded San Antonio Spurs, who went on to beat the Wolves and win their first NBA title.

Hayward may want to consult with Garnett on 'shocking the world' | April
Old 04-26-12, 02:35 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Good luck with that, Gordon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-12, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Jazz have had a long climb in the post Stockton-Malone era. I don't think they'll shock anybody this time 'round, but it's good to see them back in contention. I'd love to see them make a good show of it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-12, 04:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Jazz have had a long climb in the post Stockton-Malone era. I don't think they'll shock anybody this time 'round, but it's good to see them back in contention. I'd love to see them make a good show of it.
By 'good show of it', I'd like to see
96-93 Spurs
95-91 Spurs
89-88 Spurs
94-90 Spurs

They compete, they see the playoffs and they learn.
But they don't make the Spurs play extra games. Unless the 4-5 matchup goes 7. Then the Spurs could play 5.
Old 04-26-12, 04:41 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

No KSF. I want blowouts... So that the Big Three can continue to put minutes in the bank until they really need to cash out...

Good show has already happened as well as shocking the world by them just making the playoffs...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 04-26-12, 05:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I liked Hayward when he played for my alma mater, and I wished the Spurs would have drafted him. Nice kid, scrappy player.
Old 04-26-12, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden View Post
I liked Hayward when he played for my alma mater, and I wished the Spurs would have drafted him. Nice kid, scrappy player.
playoff time, insert an insult for the kid shelden
Old 04-26-12, 05:39 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
playoff time, insert an insult for the kid shelden

Old 04-26-12, 05:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
No KSF. I want blowouts... So that the Big Three can continue to put minutes in the bank until they really need to cash out...

Good show has already happened as well as shocking the world by them just making the playoffs...
I'm all for 4 blowouts.
mckenna said he wanted the Jazz to compete. I can live with that. As long as the Spurs win in 4. And they get 4-5 days after the end of the series to rest for the 4-5 winner.

I wouldn't mind the Big 3 getting used to 30-32 minutes in the first round, take a few days off, then get ready for 32-35 minutes until late June.
Maybe it's being used to that 37th minute that's the difference, maybe not. Big minutes are coming. Playing that 37th minute is easier after playing a 32nd the previous couple weeks.
The Big 3 are rested. Are they ready for big minutes?

That's all.
Old 04-26-12, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

the spurs have already seen this movie and know how it ends. It wont happen again, this incarnation of the spurs might be the best spurs team ever. Its going to be a great series...spurs in 6!
Old 04-26-12, 06:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Heyward doesn't say jazz will shock the world? He says "give us a chance to shock the world". Typical media.. Twisting words... Heyward isn't an arrogant punk like KG. In no way did he say the jazz WILL shock the world.
Old 04-26-12, 08:18 PM
SpursReport Rookie

KSF: No game over 100 points? I say add 10 points to each of those Spurs predictions.
Old 04-26-12, 09:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

No chance Hayward

- Confucius
Old 04-27-12, 01:44 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I would like to see the Spurs Wipe those Jazz off with a SWEEP...

With a small chance Jazz win one game only.

Spurs in 4 or 5 at the most no way it goes to 6.

Go Spurs Go!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-27-12, 03:55 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

llaugh, jst like u laughed at the memphis grizzlies.
Old 04-27-12, 03:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox86182 View Post
the spurs have already seen this movie and know how it ends. It wont happen again, this incarnation of the spurs might be the best spurs team ever.
The best Spurs team ever? At the least I think all the prime Duncan championship teams would be better.

Last edited by maldoror; 04-27-12 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-27-12, 12:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The rest of the world doesn't care about the Spurs so they won't shock anyone.
Old 04-27-12, 03:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchi View Post
KSF: No game over 100 points? I say add 10 points to each of those Spurs predictions.
Most likely.
Again, mckenna wanted the jazz to make a good show. I put out one scenario. I also pointed out that the 'good show' was part of a sweep.

I think it's more likely that the Spurs win a couple by 10+, with the Jazz only making it close at the end in garbage time. I expect one chippy game where UTA hangs around. Probably the game Saturday. The other game or two, who knows?

Spurs in no more than 5.
Old 04-27-12, 04:39 PM
The Master Baiter

I expect a game one loss because of too much rest for the big three. For that reason I foresee a six game series. That's why I don't like when Pop rests guys.
Old 04-27-12, 04:45 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I remember KG saying that before I even clicked on it lol.
They got one win against the Spurs and the Spurs only lost one more game the rest of the playoffs to the title....lol
Old 04-27-12, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

bring broom.
Old 04-27-12, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
The best Spurs team ever? At the least I think all the prime Duncan championship teams would be better.
no way, timmy (and to some extent the big 3 in genral) carried those teams. This is a true complete team from top to bottom, that doesnt not really heavly on the big 3 for points. People forget how those past teams had trouble scoring and how heavly they relied on timmy, manu, and parker. we might not have the twin towers any more but dont forget that sir david was on his last legs by that point (i mean zero disrespect by that) and although still have a leg up on our current bigs, they still had holes and got bullied inside like the current edition.I stand by my statement.