News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-12, 06:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

wow espn analysts actually pick Spurs to come out the west

Was watching sportscenter, and they asked who will come out the east and west and they picked Miami, of course. but the surprise to me was that all four unanimously picked the Spurs to come out the west, Magic, Broussard, Wilbon,, and yes even Jon Barry all said Spurs without a doubt
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-12, 06:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvernblackfan View Post
Was watching sportscenter, and they asked who will come out the east and west and they picked Miami, of course. but the surprise to me was that all four unanimously picked the Spurs to come out the west, Magic, Broussard, Wilbon,, and yes even Jon Barry all said Spurs without a doubt
JB was the biggest surprise IMO. GO SPURS GO!

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-12, 06:48 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

:shocked we're doomed.

Old 04-25-12, 06:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

its hard not to pick the spurs, they have been dominating teams and the big 3 healthy (knock on wood...everbody knock on wood just in case).
Old 04-25-12, 06:53 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post

Like what they say really matters, but the thought did cross my mind...

I'm laughing because part of me decries that the Spurs get no coverage, but detest they do talk about us because they are making our team a target.

Dateline April 25, 4:16pm Pacific...
The NBA Countdown crew have all decided that the Spurs are their favorite to make it out of the West....

wilbon: I've been saying OK City (x4), I'm doing a switcheroo, I'm doing a broussard as they call it in the business and I'm going with San Antonio. I'm gonna go with the Spurs. I mean sometimes you gotta just look at what's in front of your face and just don't overthink it.

magic: San Antonio is the deepest team in the west. And I'm going with also Coach Popovich. He has been there, done it, Great Coach, and Tony Parker, Man, he is playing like an MVP. Even though I think Ilebron'll win it, he is playing just as well as lebron james.

broussard: I think San Antonio, look they are the smartest team. okc is not the smartest team. wilbon: that's a good point. we don't know what they are going to do down the stretch. Are they gonna 1 on 5 ball? That didn't work.

jon barry: San Antonio, 4 championships with Popovich, and those three guys, they were a defensive juggernaut. Now they are an offensive juggernaut. So That's been the one thing that has not let me totally buy in, but the more and more I watch them, they are really good at what they do and they are on a tear right now. They have had two eleven game winning streaks and now its eight and they are rested and healthy. They are very very good and probably the favorite to come out of the west.

wilbon: There is some kind of consensus in there if you look really really deep.
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 04-25-12, 06:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Where's the love for the Bulls?
Old 04-25-12, 07:00 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

I only posted what they said about the west. The east talk was IF rose is healthy, they have a chance at beating the heat... All said the same in their own way to that effect...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 04-25-12, 07:33 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Wow, I never would have thought those four would all say the Spurs. And to hear Barry say he actually has watched them play that really surprises me
Old 04-25-12, 08:34 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Magic, Broussard, Wilbon are not as "Anti Spurs" as some people think.
If Jon Barry, Stephen A. Smith and Greg Anthony all say this than the Spurs are cursed and I will die in shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those ESPN nimrods never pick the Spurs ever to win anything in any year. Maybe a preseason game but that's it!
Old 04-25-12, 09:43 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

They're late to the party, I'm afraid. How about pick us before we rattle off an amazing winning streak to (effectively) end the season.
Old 04-26-12, 06:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
They're late to the party, I'm afraid. How about pick us before we rattle off an amazing winning streak to (effectively) end the season.
Regardless of tonight, the Spurs have already rattled off 3 amazing win streaks in a 66 game season.

And, all three in effectively (for the Spurs, starting in the RRT) in the last half of the season.

Spurs are '99 season hot. If I see an 'off balance three' in the second round, I'm going to the internet gambling sites!
Old 04-27-12, 01:05 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

It's hard to deny when a freight train has run over you, even when you didn't see it coming.

$
Old 04-27-12, 10:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

That's funny, cause I was listening to the Scott Van Pelt show today and Jon Barry picked the Thunder to come out of the West. Do these guys actually have their own opinions or do the shows' producers tell them what to think?? What a joke lol
Old 04-28-12, 06:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post

Yup. Scary stuff.