News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-12, 06:08 PM

Knicks may offer Phil Jackson $50 mill deal

Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire may want Mike Woodson back — especially ‘Melo — but that likely is not what Knicks ownership is thinking in terms of who coaches the Knicks next year.

Check out this rumor from the Journal Times in Racine.

Rumor: Knicks may make $50 million offer to Phil Jackson | ProBasketballTalk
Old 04-25-12, 06:11 PM
Banned

I say that He gets The Same type of offers from either Miami(after they flame out in the finals AGAIN) and the Clippers(Del Negro is a horrible coach). ALL things considered Phil will lick his finger put it up in the wind and realize that of the three situations the Miami gig is were he'd most likely duplicate the success of CHI and LA.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-12, 06:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

What a bad time for a rumor like this when a team is about to enter the playoffs after a turn around from injuries and previous bad coaching.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-12, 06:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

jeezus christ he would be an idiot to turn that much money down. I think the knick purpoused leeked it to see if they can gauge phil's level of intrest. wouldn't that make him the highest paid coach ever? he be the ideal fit, he's the best at coaching teams with ego's and making them successful. *pop is the better overall coach : ).
Old 04-25-12, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox86182 View Post
jeezus christ he would be an idiot to turn that much money down. I think the knick purpoused leeked it to see if they can gauge phil's level of intrest. wouldn't that make him the highest paid coach ever? he be the ideal fit, he's the best at coaching teams with ego's and making them successful. *pop is the better overall coach : ).
i think it's the Knicks luring him from any Miami interest. if the Knicks do well vs. the Heat this year in the playoffs (or heck even beat the Heat), the money and potential would lock them in i think.

people say Miami may be the better destination, but they're locked in money wise except the MLE. what would be interesting is how he'd run the triangle offense with that group because Wade/Lebron can't play off the ball like Jordan/Pippen used to. Bosh can hit a jumper, but they'd have no inside presence and their C's can't shoot.
Old 04-25-12, 07:34 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I doubt Pat Riley hires Phil Jackson ever in his lifetime. I see the Knicks for sure and the Clips would make sense in a way on paper. NYC seems to be the one that he would prefer going with his previous statements on coaching the Knicks and him playing there in the 1870's. Sorry 1970's lol.
Old 04-25-12, 09:45 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Yeah, I doubt he goes to Miami. Clips a possibility, but then again we're talking Don Sterling, so I'm sure he'll do whatever he can to screw up the good thing they've got going. I'm not sure why other than money and nostalgia he would want the Knicks job though.
Old 04-26-12, 04:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

He's eager to come back to put an asterisk on the Spurs championship this year as he did after our 50 game championship in 1999.