News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-22-12, 10:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Can the Spurs catch Bull for #1 overall?

Just wondering if its still possible cuz no body has even mentioned it at all. All the talk is about winning the West. Sorry, if its seems like a stupid question but, I just don't know.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-12, 11:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Spurs would have to win out and then hope the Bulls get to 17 losses. Bulls own the tie-breaker with the Spurs.

It's within reach but out of the Spurs' control. Pop will certainly NOT overextend his players to accomplish this. It'd be great if it happens but not the priority going into this last week.

Do note that the Spurs play a Thursday game on the road and then will have to play someone at home on Saturday. Gotta believe Pop sits the Big Three (at least Tim, and very limited minutes for Manu and TP) for that Thursday game.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-12, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's not a certainty that the Spurs would open the playoffs on Saturday. It wouldn't shock me if they open on Sunday. My prediction is Sunday afternoon if its PHX and Sunday night if its Utah.
Old 04-22-12, 11:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i dont think we can catch the bulls, while i think they will probably lose to the pacers, i think if we win tomorrow, pop will keep the big 3 and maybe even stephen jackson here in SA during the two game road trip to end the season. we can beat the warriors with just our backups, but if steve nash and grant hill play with a chance to go to the playoffs, i dont think we win that one.
Old 04-22-12, 11:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

lol I think its going to be the same results as last year (regular season record wise), with them finishing with the best and with the spurs a close second. good enough for me...I didnt expect the spurs to be this good.
Old 04-23-12, 12:54 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

And I really don´t see the Bulls coming out of the East with less than a 100% Derrick Rose
Old 04-23-12, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
And I really don´t see the Bulls coming out of the East with less than a 100% Derrick Rose
+1

the Bulls will have a tough road if the Knicks drop to 8th. the Sixers may cause trouble (since they both like to slow down the tempo). after that, you'd have Boston in the 2nd round (most likely) with Rondo and the Heat neutralizing everyone else and daring a hobbled Rose to beat them.

i agree with Guille, #1 overall would only matter if we thought they'd make it to the Finals.
Old 04-23-12, 03:51 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I don't care if we catch the Bulls. They have a similar record at home or away. I would really like to stay ahead of the Heat. They have the NBA's best home record, but are 18-13 on the road. If I recall correctly we only played them once this year and lost to them so they hold the tie breaker. That means we can lose one more game to assure HCA over them.
Old 04-23-12, 07:54 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Since when does the #1 seed play on Saturday..... That sucks the big one, just not right!
Old 04-23-12, 08:01 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
+1

the Bulls will have a tough road if the Knicks drop to 8th. the Sixers may cause trouble (since they both like to slow down the tempo). after that, you'd have Boston in the 2nd round (most likely) with Rondo and the Heat neutralizing everyone else and daring a hobbled Rose to beat them.

i agree with Guille, #1 overall would only matter if we thought they'd make it to the Finals.
+ 1

I dont see the bulls making it out of the east with an ailing Rose. The Spurs have a better record than everybody else, so the Spurs will effectively have homecourt advantage over everybody else.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 04-23-12, 09:33 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Low probability. Not worth the tradeoff in rest.
Old 04-23-12, 12:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

There's 'almost' no way the Spurs catch the Bulls. Their magic number on us is 2. I'm thinking Pop will sit the big 3 for the last 2 games, so reasonably I gotta expect us to drop one of those. Even if the Bulls lose to the Pacers, they will almost certainly beat the Cavs. So there you have it.

$