News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-12, 09:37 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Kobe: I could have scored 50 in San Antonio

Bryant has held the top spot for most of the season, but Durant could overtake him during the final stretch as Bryant works his way back into the Lakers offense after sitting out eight game. But does Bryant care about adding a third scoring title to his resume.

Doesn't seem like it. “(It’s) not very important,” Bryant, 33, said after an extended shooting session Saturday. “San Antonio was playing me single coverage yesterday, if it was important I would have gone for 50 yesterday. “You guys now know I can get it. I’m not really tripping about it.”

Orange County Register
Kobe ‘not tripping’ about scoring title - Lakers blog : The Orange County Register
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-12, 09:51 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

wow....just wow....smh..
Old 04-22-12, 10:02 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Yeah.....he could have scored 50 in San Antonio.........and the Spurs would have beaten the Lakers by 34 instead of the 24 the Spurs won by.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-12, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
Yeah.....he could have scored 50 in San Antonio.........and the Spurs would have beaten the Lakers by 34 instead of the 24 the Spurs won by.
Old 04-22-12, 02:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Jose, you are Genius, This type of attitude is what keeps Kobe from being the best ever to play the game.
Old 04-22-12, 05:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

All he needed were 32 more points.

Missed it by THAT much.
Old 04-22-12, 06:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Leonard made him work damn hard to score everyone of those 18 points, and he was trying to score he was not pass first. He played 30 min, Rata that out over 48 if he kept going the way he did he was going to hit approximately 12 points more thats 30 points not 50.

He then needed another 20 points, I don't see that happening as on his % he needed to throw up 3 times as many shots as he did, so sounds like a sour teenager saying "yeh well I wasn't trying so neh!". I agree with Clov this type of tantrum when being told of potentially losing the scoring is why you are 2nd tier when it comes to the games greats.
Old 04-22-12, 07:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
To Kobe's credit, I think you can read between the lines that he didn't see that (scoring 50) as the path to a win.
Old 04-22-12, 09:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I believe that Kobe could go for 50 nearly any time he wants if he and his team put their minds to doing it. But as Choppsboy said, everyone knows that's probably not the most effective way to win....although on some nights it might be.

$
Old 04-23-12, 12:31 AM
SpursReport Regulator

I'm pretty sure Kobe can or could of scored 50 points on us...but he would have to jack up about 50 shot to get it like he use to before...I remember when Lakers fans would say kobe score 32 points on you guys..but they would forget that he had to shoot 35 shots to get it..plus a little help from the refs
Old 04-23-12, 01:31 PM
Banned

He could have scored fifty? Ok and I could have won that giant 600 milliond dollar lottery if I had the winning numbers.

Woulda, coulda, Shoulda...

I would say "Kobe your better than that", but he ain't so I wont.