News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-20-12, 06:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Barnes & Blake - Cheap Shots

Something I noticed the other day during the game in LA. We all know things got a little heated between Blake and Manu. But in the 5 minutes preceding and following that point, Blake and Barnes seemed to be targeting Manu's ab/hip area with hard hand checks and elbows.

It may have been nothing more than "normal" hard physical play, but the whole bounty situation did run through my head. It made me wonder if they were specifically targeting his previous injury.

I know I will be watching for this during the game tonite.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-12, 06:04 PM

i hope the Spurs monitor it too. nothing would please me than sending a video to the NBA league offices and getting Blake suspended so they won't have a backup PG for the stretch run
Old 04-20-12, 11:24 PM
SpursReport 2010 Pick The Winner Champion

I´m not sure that pissing Manu off is a good strategy for you, though
Old 04-21-12, 02:48 AM
Banned

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-21-12, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodny21a View Post
LOL I still remember Blake hitting Manu then fear striking his face when he saw Jax lol
Old 04-21-12, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

What does Manu say to Jax just before Jax saunters over to Blake?
Old 04-21-12, 10:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
i LOVED seeing that! jax brings that intangible edge and ability stand up for teammates that our team of nice guys just didn't have. as an interesting article on captain jack mentioned, all the trouble he's been in (brawl, shooting, fights), it's because he's always there to defend his teammates.

i wouldn't make much of Blake/Barnes vs Manu. i think it's just physical play. the one i REALLY worry about is Bynum. he has a history of being dirty (eg. Gerald Wallace, Beasley, Barea), and given his immaturity, i get so worried seeing Tony get into the lane during blowouts because i worry Bynum will try to take his head off in frustration. that is one of the benefits of having an enforcer who will lay out your pg, and it makes me nervous cuz he's dumb enough to do it.
Old 04-21-12, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
What does Manu say to Jax just before Jax saunters over to Blake?
i think Jack probably told him something like "i'm gonna tell him something" and Manu probably said to get him

honestly knowing how Jackson is, he probably told him something to shoot his ego down like "we don't like scrubs taking shots at superstars"
Old 04-21-12, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Blake:"...I'm sorry"(ala black dynamite)
Old 04-21-12, 05:23 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

sjax: "be carefull, that was a cheapshot and gonna come back to you"
blake: "yeah , im shure"
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinsons face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim hed look at me like he was bored and then say, Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass. Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 04-21-12, 07:25 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDunc21 View Post
Something I noticed the other day during the game in LA. We all know things got a little heated between Blake and Manu. But in the 5 minutes preceding and following that point, Blake and Barnes seemed to be targeting Manu's ab/hip area with hard hand checks and elbows.

It may have been nothing more than "normal" hard physical play, but the whole bounty situation did run through my head. It made me wonder if they were specifically targeting his previous injury.

I know I will be watching for this during the game tonite.
Yeah.....I saw that too. After Barnes hit him, Manu ran down the floor holding his side like it hurt......which I am sure it did. What goes around comes around.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 04-21-12, 08:53 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Sjax is a little crazy . . . which is good for us.

Especially since he's a good player, but given our depth, one we could afford to lose for a game if he goes off on somebody to put some fear in the other side.