News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-15-12, 07:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What do we do next year?

I know the playoffs haven't started, but hopefully we bring some hardware home this year! But who would be the best center option for us if any next season? I think we're pretty solid and deep at most positions, but a nice center will definitely help. Since Popovich has no interest in starting Splitter. I know Hibbert will most likely be a pipe dream, but why do you guys think is a viable option for us and our system? Cousins, Hibbert, Camby, Kaman? I don't even know who will be available. But with Duncan shooting a lot more jumpers, what could we do. I like Gortat but probably not available, any suggestions folks?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-12, 12:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Erzem Lorbek is our best center option out there.
Old 04-16-12, 12:56 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Try to trade back into the back end of the first round, maybe blair and cory joseph could get it done. Then draft fab melo out of syracuse.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-12, 05:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I like both proposals to be honest. I think that Lorbek is a real player that the spurs FO needs to show that they really want him and could fully use him with a training camp and possibly a summer league exhibit under his belt

- Confucius
Old 04-16-12, 07:54 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataipaepae View Post
Try to trade back into the back end of the first round, maybe blair and cory joseph could get it done. Then draft fab melo out of syracuse.
Melo seems too much of a headcase TBH
Old 04-16-12, 09:21 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Fab Melo has some talent but as mentioned above he is a headcase. Another headcase big man who is a power forward in that Zach Randolph body type is Renardo Sidney who could be still on the board when the Spurs draft at the back end of the second round.

Personally, if the Spurs are drafting in the second round I'd be interested in solid big men who are not headcases like Center Robert Sacre from Gonzaga or Power Forward Drew Gordon from New Mexico.
Old 04-16-12, 09:43 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Wanted to add that from what is being reported the undersized from the Portsmout Invitational Tournament.

Power Forward slightly undersized Jaymachel Green has been solid at the Portsmout Invitational Tournament. He also might be a slight headcase.

Center Henry Sims from Georgetown measured out well at the PIT. 6'10 without shoes with a 7'4 wingspan. He's another guy Id put in that Robert Sacre, Drew Gordon solid guy but no headcase group.

Power Forward Kyle O'Quinn From Norfolk State Measured in well to. 6'8 1/2 without shoes and a 7'5 wingspan. Also played well.

Power Forward Mitchell Watt from Buffalo got a measurement of 6'9 and he is pretty much a stretch four on offense but did have 7 blocks on day of the PIT.
Old 04-16-12, 10:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

fab melo isn't as much a head case as some are making him out to be. in fact the kid worked his butt off to get into great shape this year. he is dedicated to basketball.

where he had his struggles is in the class room. and luckily for us you don't have to take classes in the NBA to stay eligible. but when it comes to the game of basketball this kid works hard at his craft. he made monumental leaps in his skill from his freshman to sophmore years. to me he reminds me alot of andrew bynum. a true 7'er that is very good around the rim both offensively and defensively.

i am not buying the headcase you guys want to dump on him.
Old 04-16-12, 10:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

what about Quncy Acy

I wonder if The Spurs would take a look at Quincy Acy. He is just as undersized as Blair is but he is in better shape, has better hops, and is more rugged than Blair.