News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-12, 06:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

How do they go after the three in three

Do the Spurs play the big three against the Lakers or against Golden State and Sacramento?

Hold one guy out each game?
Old 04-15-12, 07:41 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Use all three for every game, just crush them in the first half and rest them for the next game! =)
Old 04-15-12, 08:28 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Start the 1st half against GS, Play the entire LA game, TD and Manu sit out vs SAC.
Old 04-15-12, 10:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Maybe play the big 3 but with even less minutes, giving the new guys we acquired more PT before the playoffs? Honestly who knows, it's kind of exciting the uncertainty.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-15-12, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Maybe play the big 3 but with even less minutes, giving the new guys we acquired more PT before the playoffs? Honestly who knows, it's kind of exciting the uncertainty.
Yes, this is more exciting than upsetting as in the past.
Old 04-15-12, 11:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Just looking at the schedule and standings here is how I think Pop might approach it.

First I think Pop will conclude that going for a better seed at this point in the schedule will be too risky of the health of the key players. He will accept the second seed in the West.

The Spurs have a six game lead over LA (five if LA has the tie-beaker) and there are only 8 games left. I am sure Pop has no intention of playing the big 3 in the last two games of the season. They are road games and unless something dire happens between now and then they will be meaningless games.

So how does he approach the rest of the schedule?

I think Pop turns the Back-to-Back-to-Back into a normal two-games-with-a-rest-in-between for the big three by holding them out of the LA game.

Then he tries to get three wins out of the 5 games he does not hold the big three out of. These are all either home games or games against sub .500 teams.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-15-12, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

It's time for the entire roster to put their big boy pants on. Prepare for the playoffs by utilizing our depth, one of our greatest assets.

The Lakers, Heat and Bulls are waiting to shut our offense down with their strong defenses and physical play.

The games that I think are most important this week are the Lakers games. Let's prove that we can figure out ways to defeat the Lakers.
Old 04-15-12, 12:20 PM
The Master Baiter

As long as they stay even in the loss column with OKC, they get the #1 seed. I really don't think you throw games at this point, only one of the b2b2b games. In my opinion, you keep your starting lineup for every game, just for consistency and routine, and you manage minutes. TD maybe plays 7 minutes, or something like that.
Old 04-15-12, 01:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I have a feeling Pop is going to sit the big three against the Lakers and get 2 sure victories out of the trip. Pop said that he is not going to play Timmy and Manu back to back ever. Plus Pop secretly loves to get off on not giving the public what they want, so this makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-15-12, 01:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
As long as they stay even in the loss column with OKC, they get the #1 seed. I really don't think you throw games at this point, only one of the b2b2b games. In my opinion, you keep your starting lineup for every game, just for consistency and routine, and you manage minutes. TD maybe plays 7 minutes, or something like that.
I like a full day or two of complete rest.
If it's not going to be a planned 20 minutes, don't dress them.
Old 04-15-12, 01:49 PM

i'd give them limited minutes in the first game vs. Golden State (especially Duncan) & play all of them vs. the Lakers. if we win vs. GS, i'd rest our Big 3. if we lose, i'd play them limited minutes vs. the Kings to see if a lead can be built up
Old 04-15-12, 02:31 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I would play the Big Three in 2 of the B2B2B for different minutes.

On GSW I would play the Big Three a total of 20-25 minutes because they need to be in a good shape before they go to the Lakers.
Then on the Lakers game I would play the Big Three the ENTIRE GAME!!!! Just because the importance of that game!!!!! They can do it!! I think if Pop sits them out in this game they will be very very angry. They need to wash that LA loss in SA from their system ASAP!!!
Then on Sac I don't care I would sit the Big Three here.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-15-12, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I would play parker in all 3 games, rest Duncan against the Lakers, and rest Ginobili in the last game of the 3.
Old 04-15-12, 06:16 PM
The Master Baiter

Lakers are looking strong. They need to play everyone against them and beat them.
Old 04-15-12, 09:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why should Pop care about beating the Lakers. The Spurs will probably sit the stars for the Lakers game. Get them in the rythem of game-day off- game like the playoffs.
Old 04-15-12, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtexan View Post
Why should Pop care about beating the Lakers. The Spurs will probably sit the stars for the Lakers game. Get them in the rythem of game-day off- game like the playoffs.
just to see how we fare against them with adjustments in case we meet them in the PO's. they won't be catching us for the 2nd seed anyway (unless we just self destruct, even if they beat us the next 2 times)
Old 04-15-12, 10:13 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtexan View Post
Were you happy with the way they played the last time? I'm sure they aren't either. The Lakers are a tough out and it would be a good gauge for the team, especially on the road.
Old 04-16-12, 02:58 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Hold one out for each game. F* what happens against the Lakers. Let them think they can beat us until they actually face us in the playoffs. Then we SWEEP their butts!
Old 04-16-12, 12:40 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Pop will sit them for the Lakers game
Old 04-16-12, 01:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
Pop will sit them for the Lakers game
This would be the right move. We play the Fakers again on Friday if we want a game to make an adjustment.
Old 04-17-12, 08:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

After last night, I think Pop goes for broke against LA tonight with a full lineup. Then I predict he completely sits Timmy and/or Manu against the Kings, or at least gives them very limited minutes.

I also agree with the comment that suggests Pop might not play the big 3 much in the last 2 games. He will surely sit at least one in each game, and I could see him going so far as to sit all 3.

$
Old 04-17-12, 09:26 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I would much really have the Big 3 play tonight vs LA and go for the win, exude some revenge. I know that bad loss at home last week to LA has to still bother the Big 3 somewhat, they're too much of competitors for it not to. However, with that being said, if Pop were to sit them out I'd be fine with that because a loss tonite doesn't necessarily kill our chances at the #1 seed. The way the standings look now, we can lose 2 of these last 7 games and still get the #1 seed in the WC because we own the tie breaker with OKC. And if OKC drops another game, like at LAL on Sunday, well that just gives us more breathing room. Sooo, I think we can afford to rest for the game tonight, and then with the remaining schedule being; @sac, LAL, CLE, POR, @pho, @GS. I only see the home game vs LAL as the only other game that should give us problems. The #1 seed is still very much within our sights, even with Pop resting the Big 3.