News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-12, 10:46 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Suck it up and chalk this one up as a bad loss, hopefully no more than just that.

Artest shot out of his mind, Kobe being out probably changed the D alot and they were nore as prepared for them! Different game plan without him out there. Blair MUST NOT PLAY BYNUM again, thats one thing that is FOR SURE, he is not fit for a team like LA! That matchup must sail the hell outta POPS MIND NOW! I hope it is what it is and it is just a bad loss and the Spurs will get stronger and refocus!

Last year a loss like this seemed to crush them somewhat, hopefully this year they bounce back and prove to us that this second round possible matchup is not one that will be a joke or pushover! Two games left, go GET ONE of them atleast and show us they can play with LA and it's not in their heads. I will chalk this up as a bad loss, move on.

GO SPURS GO.

Oh yeah those of you saying it happened again and this is the end or we are sinking, maybe they prove you otherwise and finish out strong so lets hope.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 04-11-12 at 10:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-12, 10:52 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

This was just one of those games. Tomorrow will tell the tale of where this team is...
Old 04-11-12, 10:59 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
This was just one of those games. Tomorrow will tell the tale of where this team is...
I agree, that and the last game vs LA at home! The next one is on a triple nighter for the Spurs so I won't put too much stock into that there. Spurs will show us how they rebound from this here, hopefully like it did not happen.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-12, 11:34 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Yeah this game was very strange and those Spurs were not our normal Spurs players..

I guess Pop and his coaching partners had tightened some screws and loosened some screws but they miscalculated on some of the screws count and degree of tightness...

I can see this a nightmare coaching kaos and Spurs will go back to normal once this ugly schedule finish..

The PO will not have so many games scheduled so tightly in few days like this.....

The Spurs Health is still imho the most important thing.

Than comes HCA
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-11-12, 11:45 PM
Banned

Old 04-11-12, 11:45 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

It was a bad game, and I don't know if the Lakers can beat us (Ron Artest won't go for 26 against us again anytime soon), but Bynum has always been a HUGE problem for us, and the only thing that has kept him from killing us year after year is his injury problem.

This Laker team is much improved at the PG position. We have been abusing them with TP for a decade now and they haven't had an answer. Well, Ramon Sessions can hang with TP fairly well athletically. And we have no answer for the Gasol/Bynum combo inside. So the gap between us and the Lakers doesn't look so big anymore.
Old 04-11-12, 11:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That gap is about 6'6”, and has no business playing bynum when he doesn't box out, he tries to out jump him, ridiculous
Old 04-12-12, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvernblackfan View Post
That gap is about 6'6”, and has no business playing bynum when he doesn't box out, he tries to out jump him, ridiculous
Blair's rebounding rate has plummeted this year and tonight was Exhibit A for why.
Old 04-12-12, 12:19 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Blair's rebounding rate has plummeted this year and tonight was Exhibit A for why.
Yep no hiding that, and they must play others more against teams like LA and Memphis (Namely Splitter and maybe Diaw too). This is a glaring weakness and you guys pointed it out yet again. I agree he must play more in certain matchups and games like tonight situational! IF I SEE HIM ON BYNUM again though I will cry.
Old 04-12-12, 08:39 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

no more, no less.....it was one game and one game doesn't decide our fate.

Does it suck the the Spurs lost? Of course, but hey, can't win'em all. Spurs will have two more games to show up against the Fakers.
Old 04-12-12, 12:04 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post

Does it suck the the Spurs lost? Of course, but hey, can't win'em all. Spurs will have two more games to show up against the Fakers.
Yes and even if they split those two games it will be a tell tale sign for me was what to expect if we shall meet these guys in round two (Which is lined up right now). I just want them to give me some hope against LA. I know they can beat them, but mentally will they get over this loss and last years late one and stop playing scared?
Old 04-12-12, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
One game, true. We have two more in the next week and a half to show the Spurs can handle the Lakers with two healthy all-stars in the middle plus a non-geriatric PG.
Old 04-12-12, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Every team has a game like this. Hopefully they got it out of their system.
Old 04-12-12, 03:43 PM

I hope so too. That was ugly.