News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-11-12, 10:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Has the nightmare begun?

I know we missed some shots and some of the lakers were out of they're mind tonight, but is the lack of another big going to rear it's ugly head in the playoffs?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-12, 10:17 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Not really time to hit the panic button just yet...doubt Bynum or anyone is going to have 30 rebound night every game in a series.

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-12, 10:20 PM

the nightmare only begins if we don't play straight up man and not fake pressure the ball to leave guys open and Duncan guards Bynum.

for the life of me, i don't know why we gladly give Dirk J's over Blair and not give Pau shots over Blair?
Old 04-11-12, 10:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If we can stay away from LA and Memphis in the playoffs our lack of size isn't going to be as big a deal. They're the only teams in the West that have front lines that give us problems.
Old 04-11-12, 10:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I guess Kobe wasn't there to ball stall either. Tony didn't look comfortable, like he was too worried about getting his shot blocked. I kinda felt this coming tonight. Do you think resting guys a whole game is always smart? Maybe let them suit up and play, say a half, ala the pro bowl just to keep them right?
Old 04-11-12, 10:28 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilly101 View Post
If we can stay away from LA and Memphis in the playoffs our lack of size isn't going to be as big a deal. They're the only teams in the West that have front lines that give us problems.
We get the 2nd seed and LA gets the third, we will be seeing them in round two, think about that.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-11-12, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
I guess Kobe wasn't there to ball stall either. Tony didn't look comfortable, like he was too worried about getting his shot blocked. I kinda felt this coming tonight. Do you think resting guys a whole game is always smart? Maybe let them suit up and play, say a half, ala the pro bowl just to keep them right?
it's a coin toss. you either keep them fresh or Manu breaks his elbow vs. PHX in a game to just keep him fresh.

damned if you do, damned if you don't. Pop's playing it safe.
Old 04-11-12, 10:55 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Next game against the Lakers (or even against the grizzlies) I'd like to see Splitter start alongside Tim. For the life of me I don't understand this reliance on Blair against the taller front lines...I also think maybe, just maybe the Spurs saw Kobe sitting out and mentally relaxed.
Old 04-11-12, 11:12 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

It is just One single game Lakers won. Give them credit and move on. No nightmare here...

Not a good win without Bryant because that is NOT what we will see EVER EVER EVER in the PO..

The PO Kobe will be dominating the ball and others will not see the light.

Although Bynum will be trying to play with such domination, but I doubt he will be that quick on defense next time.

World Peace will NOT play that great the next Spurs Lakers meeting in LA.

And Spurs players will hit their shots next time and execute better on offense. Spurs players will also work on a better deffense because someone not named Tim Duncan or KLeo will have to play some defense......

Pop and his coaching partners got SCHOOLED by Mike Brown. And that will not happen again!!!!!

Not to worry. Spurs will get the Lakers in LA.

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 04-11-12, 11:16 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
It is just One single game Lakers won. Give them credit and move on. No nightmare here...

Not a good win without Bryant because that is NOT what we will see EVER EVER EVER in the PO..

The PO Kobe will be dominating the ball and others will not see the light.

Although Bynum will be trying to play with such domination, but I doubt he will be that quick on defense next time.

World Peace will NOT play that great the next Spurs Lakers meeting in LA.

And Spurs players will hit their shots next time and execute better on offense. Spurs players will also work on a better deffense because someone not named Tim Duncan or KLeo will have to play some defense......

Pop and his coaching partners got SCHOOLED by Mike Brown. And that will not happen again!!!!!

Not to worry. Spurs will get the Lakers in LA.
That game in LA is on a third night of games though I noticed , damn.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-11-12, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
That game in LA is on a third night of games though I noticed , damn.
I guess Pop will have to manage the minutes and I noticed when the Spurs are in a rhythm they will be very tough to beat.

Old 04-11-12, 11:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Not at all. Since they played on Sunday they had two days rest which is pretty standard for an NBA season. The Spurs have trouble with size and then WorldPeace and Gasol were hitting every jumpshot they put up. The coaching staff is going to have to go back to the tape and make some adjustments on the glass.
Old 04-12-12, 12:06 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilly101 View Post
That's a big if.
Old 04-12-12, 12:14 AM

There is a chance LA Clippers would get the 3rd seed and Lakers get 4th. The gap is small between those two.

Spurs could be the 1st or 2nd seed.

Old 04-12-12, 08:43 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

WOW....didn't know you could have nightmare's from one game....smh..
Old 04-12-12, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
WOW....didn't know you could have nightmare's from one game....smh..
I still have nightmares from single games like, ”.5”, manu breaking his arm in the last game of the regular season, TD messing up his knee against the kings at the end of the season, just to name a few, haha
Old 04-12-12, 02:51 PM
The Master Baiter

Here's the problem that I see. TP has always shied away from penetrating against the Lakers. He did it in 2004 and has done it recently. Once he started getting hammered by Karl Malone in 2004 it's like he's got this mental block. Even if he doesn't attempt a shot, at least penetrate and dish, but he doesn't do that either.
Old 04-12-12, 03:37 PM

One game can give me nightmares if it exposes structural flaws. I see that at work in this game, and it has nothing to do with Artest/Sessions/Blake going nuts. It's about Bynum and Gasol being healthy and confident.
Old 04-12-12, 03:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I didnt watch, but why in the world does splitter only play 15 min and leonars only 20? Two of our better rebounders and defenders
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 04-12-12, 04:04 PM
SpursReport Rookie

There should be some concern. I'm not sure how the Spurs will adapt to the Lakers packing the paint with Gasol and Bynum. While it doesn't totally negate Parker -- it will limit his points to jump shots and fast breaks.

Let's be honest. Blake, Artest, and Barnes won this game for the Lakers. They combined for 49 points. If they do that again next week, and the final game against the Spurs . . . and then again in a seven game series . . . then congrat-u-f-ulations . . they deserve it.

I believe that shooting percentages will eventually catch up with the Lakers.
Old 04-12-12, 04:12 PM

I am pretty sure almost 100% Pop is experimenting while at the same time Pop is trying to manage those minutes in this time of so many games in few days. For example Tiago had played only 15 min as some mentioned here and LEO only played 20 min.

The Spurs you will see in the PO or after this condensed game few days will be a lot different.

Pop does not want to reveal what he is preparing for the PO yet.

Plus don't ever forget that Kobe will totally change the lakers game plans.

Old 04-12-12, 05:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

let the magician work, i mean the man got 4 trophies to his name must know something that we dont
Old 04-12-12, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
I am pretty sure almost 100% Pop is experimenting while at the same time Pop is trying to manage those minutes in this time of so many games in few days. For example Tiago had played only 15 min as some mentioned here and LEO only played 20 min.

The Spurs you will see in the PO or after this condensed game few days will be a lot different.

Pop does not want to reveal what he is preparing for the PO yet.

Plus don't ever forget that Kobe will totally change the lakers game plans.
i don't mean this as an attack, but just a question: when has Pop ever been so "sneaky" to not reveal things for the playoffs? during the Big 3 era, no surprises in 2003, no surprises in 2005 since all season Manu got unleashed, and no surprises in 2007.

i get people wanting something to look forward to and Pop has had some good schemes and ideas, but i don't get where people think he's hiding something for the playoffs. wasn't that the case the last few years where people kept saying "In Pop We Trust" and we haven't won anything? i do believe he experimented with Blair on Bynum last night, one of the only times i've seen a legit experiment this year and i would be shocked if he tries that again.

again i think he's a smart man, but this whole "CIA Pop"/"Mastermind" stuff.....no idea where that has come from
Old 04-12-12, 06:27 PM

^^^^^ I don't know why people keep comparing this year with last year a lot of players are different and we have better winning streaks this year.

Last year was a failure in the first round because of the Spurs health. Manu was playing injured with hurting arm and TD had hurt his knee right before the PO.. Tony could not do a swat without a team. It is a TEAM thing.

This year hopefully the Spurs will enter the PO healthy and because of all the experience and the deep bench and all those players who stepped it up, with Pop's Adjustments and schemes Spurs will have a GREAT CHANCE of going deep in the PO and challenging any team.

The Spurs will have their (Destiny) in their own hand it is all up in the air for grabs....

Old 04-13-12, 09:28 AM

It's not Artest et al shooting a high % that won the game. It was the interior play. Artest/etc. could've had a sucky shooting night and they still would've won-- it just wouldn't have been a blow out.
Old 04-13-12, 09:37 AM
The Master Baiter

The other thing to look at was the Spurs didn't shoot their average percentage. Which means more rebounding opportunities, which the Lakers obviously won. The Lakers will be tough, but it won't be the lack of a big man that kills the Spurs, it will be lack of a dependable scorer. Hopefully, they were just out of sync.
Old 04-13-12, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
The other thing to look at was the Spurs didn't shoot their average percentage. Which means more rebounding opportunities, which the Lakers obviously won. The Lakers will be tough, but it won't be the lack of a big man that kills the Spurs, it will be lack of a dependable scorer. Hopefully, they were just out of sync.
see, should've never traded RJ! i kid, i kid!
Old 04-13-12, 11:49 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
see, should've never traded RJ! i kid, i kid!
In all honesty, although he's playing better than RJ, Jack has been underwhelming. Definitely not worth the 10 million.