News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-10-12, 12:20 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

3 Reasons Parker Could Be The MVP

3 Reasons Parker Could Be The MVP
Written by David Rountree
Tuesday, 10 April 2012 11:58

Parker has been the most consistent Spur this season and has maintained the team at a title-contending level.

Tony Parker may not be the favorite to win the MVP this season but he is certainly closer to the accolade than most people think. The San Antonio Spurs are fighting for the top spot in the Western Conference and are mere percentage points away from taking the crown from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

READ MORE AT MVPTEXAS.COM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-12, 12:57 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Fantastic Read! Thanks for posting!!

Very Legit Reasons TP = MVP

I wish the media people who pick the MVP would recognize Tony Parker's importance to this team's success this year and appreciate him with their votes....
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-12, 01:05 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Good read but never gonna happen
Old 04-10-12, 01:52 PM

only way Parker is named MVP by the NBA is if we get the #1 overall seed. it'd still be very had to name Parker because this is a complete team. as good as Parker has been, we've been doing well when 1 (or even 2) of our Big 3 have sat.
Old 04-10-12, 02:07 PM
The Amazing!

Way to many people want to see LBJ,KD ,Rose or someone like that get it to let Parker win no matter what kind of numbers he puts up. He will just have to be happy with a Championship MVP again.
Old 04-10-12, 06:10 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Not gonna happen. It's a nice thought though. TP is at the peak of his game right now, but unfortunately most voters don't care about that.
Old 04-10-12, 06:21 PM
Herman Cain of the board

MVP of the league? Parker? Come on.......it's Durant or James to win. Rose has been too injured so throw him out of the talk.
Old 04-10-12, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
MVP of the league? Parker? Come on.......it's Durant or James to win. Rose has been too injured so throw him out of the talk.
if we win the 1st overall seed, would you say the same thing? Most Valuable Player isn't always the best player in the league.
Old 04-10-12, 11:31 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
if we win the 1st overall seed, would you say the same thing? Most Valuable Player isn't always the best player in the league.
Yes I would 110% Jose. MVP was started as for who is the best player in the whole league not the media's weak version of most important player to a single NBA team. If that's the case Peyton Manning wins NFL MVP for 2011 because without him the Colts sucked big time! The Colts proved that. Manning MVP??????????? Not! That's not how you do it.
Old 04-11-12, 08:16 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Yes I would 110% Jose. MVP was started as for who is the best player in the whole league not the media's weak version of most important player to a single NBA team. If that's the case Peyton Manning wins NFL MVP for 2011 because without him the Colts sucked big time! The Colts proved that. Manning MVP??????????? Not! That's not how you do it.
I see your point but remember Steve Nash won the award twice. Mainly because of the same criteria the author mentioned in the article.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 04-11-12, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
I see your point but remember Steve Nash won the award twice. Mainly because of the same criteria the author mentioned in the article.
mmm.. I thought he won the MVP because the year before he resigned with the suns they were an abysmal 29-53 and the next two years(the ones he won) they were 62-20 and 54-28 and the 33 game improvement from one season to the next was just to jaw dropping for the low intelligentsia of the voters... In truth they should have given Duncan is 3rd MVP that year..

but I think the fact that he missed so many games in 04-05 and the spurs won 59 games played a big part in him not getting the nod.. along with the usual "we hate the spurs they are so boring just like Tim" bull**** stigma

but In truth the way that Pop has pulled Parker from the starting line up to sit at home or on the bench for "rest" is one of many reason why he wont even get better than Top 5 in MVP voting...

Media suck
Old 04-11-12, 09:37 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
The media criteria does not make it right and official. Again if that's the case Peyton Manning 2011 NFL MVP! Colts were nothing without him.
Old 04-11-12, 11:13 AM
The Master Baiter

For the most part, it's usually the best player on the media perceived best team in the regular season. But there have been exceptions. And remember that the MVP is chosen before the playoffs start.
Old 04-11-12, 04:11 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Spurs are too talented for TP to win MVP. And he doesn't dunk, so that's pretty much it for his MVP chances.
Old 04-11-12, 04:53 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Spurs are too talented for TP to win MVP. And he doesn't dunk, so that's pretty much it for his MVP chances.
I wonder how Larry Bird won it 3 straight years?
Old 04-11-12, 05:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Regular season MVP is so over-rated.

NBA Finals MVP, now that's something to write home about!

Hey, TP already has one of those!