News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 04-10-12, 12:20 PM
Mombear's Avatar
Official Whorry Hater!
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 44,180
3 Reasons Parker Could Be The MVP

3 Reasons Parker Could Be The MVP
Written by David Rountree
Tuesday, 10 April 2012 11:58

Parker has been the most consistent Spur this season and has maintained the team at a title-contending level.

Tony Parker may not be the favorite to win the MVP this season but he is certainly closer to the accolade than most people think. The San Antonio Spurs are fighting for the top spot in the Western Conference and are mere percentage points away from taking the crown from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

READ MORE AT MVPTEXAS.COM

__________________



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-12, 12:57 PM
spurscrazed's Avatar
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,366

Fantastic Read! Thanks for posting!!

Very Legit Reasons TP = MVP

I wish the media people who pick the MVP would recognize Tony Parker's importance to this team's success this year and appreciate him with their votes....
__________________
Yay!!They Did it! Again!
Congrats to our Spurs!
Congrats to Timaaaay Duncan & Co.!!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!


Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-10-12, 01:05 PM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,756

Good read but never gonna happen
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-12, 01:52 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

only way Parker is named MVP by the NBA is if we get the #1 overall seed. it'd still be very had to name Parker because this is a complete team. as good as Parker has been, we've been doing well when 1 (or even 2) of our Big 3 have sat.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-10-12, 02:07 PM
e_93gsx's Avatar
The Amazing!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Somewhere I wish I wasn't
Posts: 227

Way to many people want to see LBJ,KD ,Rose or someone like that get it to let Parker win no matter what kind of numbers he puts up. He will just have to be happy with a Championship MVP again.
__________________
Be excellent to each other
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-10-12, 06:10 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,529

Not gonna happen. It's a nice thought though. TP is at the peak of his game right now, but unfortunately most voters don't care about that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-12, 06:21 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,816

MVP of the league? Parker? Come on.......it's Durant or James to win. Rose has been too injured so throw him out of the talk.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-10-12, 07:10 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
MVP of the league? Parker? Come on.......it's Durant or James to win. Rose has been too injured so throw him out of the talk.
if we win the 1st overall seed, would you say the same thing? Most Valuable Player isn't always the best player in the league.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-10-12, 11:31 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
if we win the 1st overall seed, would you say the same thing? Most Valuable Player isn't always the best player in the league.
Yes I would 110% Jose. MVP was started as for who is the best player in the whole league not the media's weak version of most important player to a single NBA team. If that's the case Peyton Manning wins NFL MVP for 2011 because without him the Colts sucked big time! The Colts proved that. Manning MVP??????????? Not! That's not how you do it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-12, 08:16 AM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Yes I would 110% Jose. MVP was started as for who is the best player in the whole league not the media's weak version of most important player to a single NBA team. If that's the case Peyton Manning wins NFL MVP for 2011 because without him the Colts sucked big time! The Colts proved that. Manning MVP??????????? Not! That's not how you do it.
I see your point but remember Steve Nash won the award twice. Mainly because of the same criteria the author mentioned in the article.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-11-12, 09:32 AM
Rodny21a's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
I see your point but remember Steve Nash won the award twice. Mainly because of the same criteria the author mentioned in the article.
mmm.. I thought he won the MVP because the year before he resigned with the suns they were an abysmal 29-53 and the next two years(the ones he won) they were 62-20 and 54-28 and the 33 game improvement from one season to the next was just to jaw dropping for the low intelligentsia of the voters... In truth they should have given Duncan is 3rd MVP that year..

but I think the fact that he missed so many games in 04-05 and the spurs won 59 games played a big part in him not getting the nod.. along with the usual "we hate the spurs they are so boring just like Tim" bull**** stigma


but In truth the way that Pop has pulled Parker from the starting line up to sit at home or on the bench for "rest" is one of many reason why he wont even get better than Top 5 in MVP voting...

Media suck
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-12, 09:37 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
I see your point but remember Steve Nash won the award twice. Mainly because of the same criteria the author mentioned in the article.
The media criteria does not make it right and official. Again if that's the case Peyton Manning 2011 NFL MVP! Colts were nothing without him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-12, 11:13 AM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,545

For the most part, it's usually the best player on the media perceived best team in the regular season. But there have been exceptions. And remember that the MVP is chosen before the playoffs start.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-12, 04:11 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,529

Spurs are too talented for TP to win MVP. And he doesn't dunk, so that's pretty much it for his MVP chances.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-11-12, 04:53 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Spurs are too talented for TP to win MVP. And he doesn't dunk, so that's pretty much it for his MVP chances.
I wonder how Larry Bird won it 3 straight years?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-11-12, 05:28 PM
katyspursfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Spurs are too talented for TP to win MVP. And he doesn't dunk, so that's pretty much it for his MVP chances.
Regular season MVP is so over-rated.

NBA Finals MVP, now that's something to write home about!

Hey, TP already has one of those!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0