News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-08-12, 08:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

TP's Playing Time

Is it me or does it seem like Tony has played an awful lot since the All-Star break. He has a capable backup in Mills. Would like see him get some rest during this final stretch as opposed to limping into the playoffs w/ an injury or worse yet, just worn out.

Anyone think Pop will scale him back during the last couple of weeks?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-08-12, 08:35 PM

don't doubt he sits out tomorrow
Old 04-08-12, 08:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
don't doubt he sits out tomorrow
Hopefully the big 3 all get the game off tomorrow. Would be huge to see the so called reserves win a game without any of the 3

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-08-12, 09:55 PM
The Master Baiter

Bulls lost tonight. I say rest TP, but play the others, giving more minutes to Sjax and Blair and playing Manu and Tim 20 mins or so. I'm not sure of this group NOT needing HCA, especially against the East.
Old 04-08-12, 10:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm not worried about TP. He's still young and can handle the minutes. He's not on the verge of retiring like Manu or Tim. I can see Manu not making the trip tomorrow.
Old 04-09-12, 12:09 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I agree about leaving Manu home. Based on tonight's DNPs, I figure Pop gives SJax Manu's regular minutes and lets Neal and Patty take a load off TP's shoulders.

Not sure what Pop has in mind regarding Timmy. If the Spurs had been able to shut down those pesky Jazz guys, Tim wouldn't have had to play 30+ minutes. He could be in a suit (or whatever he calls his outfit) on Monday.
Old 04-09-12, 02:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Minutes is the last thing I am worried about I am more interested to see how S Jax, Diaw and Mills integrate into the scheme.... they seem to all be listening alot and waiting for the game to come to them to assist in this.
Old 04-09-12, 01:06 PM
The Amazing!

Maybe Mills is not as good as everyone hoped for?
Old 04-09-12, 02:10 PM
The Master Baiter

Neal is not as good as everyone hoped.
Old 04-09-12, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Neal is not as good as everyone hoped.
this. Neal has been playing just horrible. he's had a few good shots, but they haven't hid how awful he's played on both ends of the ball.

IF Parker sits tonight, i would be really surprised if Pop starts Neal over Mills (who can handle the ball). only way i see Neal starting is if Diaw starts (who can help kill a full court press) and Duncan going heavy 4 Down plays.
Old 04-09-12, 10:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Neal cannot be the backup PG during the playoffs. He is too slow to adjust to the quicker guards and basically he is a more reliable Roger "One trick pony" mason. All Neal has is a jumper. His defense is horrible. Reminds me of Finley and RJ. He better step up.

Why doesn't Patty get more pt?
Old 04-09-12, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachhaze View Post
Neal cannot be the backup PG during the playoffs. He is too slow to adjust to the quicker guards and basically he is a more reliable Roger "One trick pony" mason. All Neal has is a jumper. His defense is horrible. Reminds me of Finley and RJ. He better step up.

Why doesn't Patty get more pt?
agreed. Neal shouldn't be the backup unless he's playing against a Derek Fisher off the bench. Neal just has too many problems in either position he plays in:

PG: too slow to defend, can't handle the ball, can't pass
SG: too short, too slow

he reminds me of a tweener Ron Artest where he's a strong guy but as much as guys want to make it a good thing, his mass just makes him too slow. i wish Pop would make him our Steve Kerr where we need a spark or a last minute shot.