Old 04-06-12, 08:49 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Official Hornets at Spurs Game Thread

New Orleans (14 - 40)
San Antonio (38 - 14)

Hornets-Spurs Preview

By NOEY KUPCHAN
STATS Writer

(AP) -- Eric Gordon certainly made his presence felt in his first game back following a three-month absence, coming up big for the New Orleans Hornets their last time out.

Leading them to a win over the Southwest Division-leading San Antonio Spurs could prove much more difficult.

The Hornets try to avoid a four-game season sweep and a 14th loss in 16 road matchups with the Spurs, who can extend the league's longest active winning streak to 10 on Friday night.

After appearing in just two games and missing 47 straight due to a right knee injury, Gordon made his much-anticipated return during a 94-92 win over Denver on Wednesday. He struggled to get going before scoring 13 of his 15 points in the second half, including the winning free throws with 2 seconds remaining.

"(The knee) feels good," Gordon said. "I just looked forward to winning and my individual game will come as far as stat-wise ... I'm looking forward to Friday."

Chris Kaman had 14 points, 10 rebounds and a season-best five blocks while Greivis Vasquez scored 11 to go along with 10 assists.

New Orleans (14-40), which hasn't won two in a row since a season-best three-game run Feb. 13-17, improved to 2-1 when Gordon plays. He may have to have a very big game, though, for the Hornets to avoid a sweep in this series.

San Antonio's three wins this season give it 10 victories in the last 12 matchups. Two of the wins in 2011-12 came by a combined five points, though those games were at New Orleans Arena.

While the Hornets have managed to hold their own versus the Spurs in their own building, it's been a different story at the AT&T Center of late. New Orleans fell 93-81 at San Antonio on Feb. 2 and is 2-13 in its last 15 visits.

The Spurs (38-14) are coming off a thrilling win of their own, holding on to defeat Boston 87-86 on the road Wednesday. Tim Duncan had 10 points and 16 rebounds for the Spurs, who earned their ninth consecutive victory after Paul Pierce missed the potential winning jumper as time expired.

"It was a great game, great game," Duncan told the league's official website. "We knew coming in here they're a playoff caliber team and there always a tough challenge and it was a good game for us, a good challenge for us."

The Spurs last won 10 in a row during a season-high 11-game run Jan. 30-Feb. 20. San Antonio is 17-2 when Duncan posts a double-double.

While Trevor Ariza and Carl Landry returned from four- and two-game absences for the Hornets on Wednesday, Jarrett Jack sat out with a sore right ankle and is unlikely to suit up Friday. Jack has averaged 26.5 points and shot 56.1 percent in two games against the Spurs this season.

New Orleans, which continues to play without injured center Emeka Okafor, has dropped eight of 11 on the road.
San Antonio, 21-4 at home, plays five of its next six at the AT&T Center.
Old 04-06-12, 10:06 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Spurs win BIG tonight!

Spurs 109

Bumblebees 90
Old 04-06-12, 10:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Go Spurs go
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-06-12, 10:12 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs-112
Hornets-98
Old 04-06-12, 10:58 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Go Spurs Go!
Old 04-06-12, 11:17 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Here is another prediction for you, most of you will be seen all of this characters tonight. Repeatedly

Old 04-06-12, 11:48 AM

where's the KENS 5 CREW?!
Old 04-06-12, 12:00 PM
Official SR Home Builder

I'm in Austin dude, I don't get KENS
Old 04-06-12, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
I'm in Austin dude, I don't get KENS
Old 04-06-12, 01:18 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Spurs 98
Hornets 88

Spurs Win by 10 points. I don't expect those Hornets to fold down and surrender easily. Expect those Hornets to give it a good fight!!!

6 Spurs in Double Figure!

Home Sweet Home Cooking!!!!!

*Hope TP9's Elbow is fine after the Nice Rest!!!!

Go Spurs Go!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-06-12, 06:53 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Here is another prediction for you, most of you will be seen all of this characters tonight. Repeatedly

Some more than others. This Bud's for you, Eddy. If any of my kids ever name my next granddaughter Sarah, we're going to have a real heart to heart behind the shed. Awwwwwwwwwww!

Spurs should win this in a runaway; however, NO at times can be very annoying and hang around to the end. I don't see that happening tonight unless our Spurs keep reliving the Boston game.

Spurs 108
New Orleans 88
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 04-06-12, 07:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm looking for the regular rotations to execute everything that went wrong in Boston to perfection. Then I'm looking for lots of Patty Mills, Splitter, Diaw grouped with Manu to direct them.
Old 04-06-12, 09:09 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Wow get the hell out of here with that pass by Manu.....unreal.

$
Old 04-06-12, 09:55 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
where's the KENS 5 CREW?!

Old 04-06-12, 09:56 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
Wow get the hell out of here with that pass by Manu.....unreal.

$
THAT....WAS.....AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E

Old 04-06-12, 11:50 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

[email protected]
Old 04-07-12, 11:04 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

AWWW That Sick (in a good way) Manu's Bullet Pass to Mills needs it's own thread!!!!

I will borrow that gif from Athenea!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-07-12, 01:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Manu + Open Court = Sickness breaking out all over the place.

$
Old 04-07-12, 01:56 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
Manu + Open Court = Sickness breaking out all over the place.

$
yep... sickness for the other team ---->