News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-12, 03:42 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511
Stan Van Gundy liberates himself in exposing Dwight Howard’s power play

Within the Orlando Magic, there were those suspicious of the possibility that Dwight Howard could’ve played the past two games with so-called back spasms, sources told Yahoo! Sports. Only Howard knows his threshold for pain, but everyone else knows this for a fact: His threshold for criticism is far less, and the possibility of becoming the bad guy for Stan Van Gundy’s eventual dismissal troubled him far more.

Howard has been calling for the firing of Van Gundy since the summer of 2011, a source close to the coach said, and those demands have included the dismissal of general manager Otis Smith, too. The Magic locker room has been divided for most of the season – most siding with Van Gundy, some with Howard, sources say – and it had reached a critical mass with Howard sitting out losses this week to Denver and Detroit.

Stan Van Gundy liberates himself in exposing Dwight Howard's power play for a new Magic coach - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

(check video link in article where Dwight gets exposed by Van Gundy)
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-12, 04:00 PM
katyspursfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,647

Wow.

Really. Wow.

The only way Howard doesn't become another LeBron is to sign a max extension with Orlando this summer. Otherwise, just another athlete who thinks he knows how to run a team, or takes his ball and goes elsewhere.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-12, 04:19 PM
Mombear's Avatar
Official Whorry Hater!
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 43,848

Bring him to the

Pop will teach him a thing or two....
__________________



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-12, 04:57 PM
Rodny21a's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
Bring him to the

Pop will teach him a thing or two....
It would be logical for Dwight or any NBA player who thinks that their current Head Coach isn't good enough to play for Pop. Pop is the only current NBA coaching living legend.
Some May Argue Doc Rivers...(one NBA title with a rigged team)
Some may Argue either Tom Thibadeau or Scott Brooks(LOLZ)

However we all know that the driving force behind this current group of pop culture NBA Superstars that that is the last thing on their wish list. They get the money automatically if they perform. They all want to be famous, they want to be the idea of the guys they saw growing up. Have you ever heard "a copy of a copy of a copy" is never the close to the original?

They have this convoluted Idea of "superstar" get sold a pile of BS by agents and other hangers on about this "idea" and they all want to go to these glamour markets.

So Dwight is to dumb to ever do the sensible thing and come to Pops Team. He is more content with *****ing and complaining and playing pretend.

have you seen his "impressions"?

[yt][/yt]

Last edited by Rodny21a; 04-05-12 at 05:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-12, 05:18 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,929

This story is soooo overrated...the Magic and Van Gundy NEVER had a legimate shot to win a title...everyone on this board knows this and their mad at Howard for wanting another coach? This whole "tanking" issue is overrated as well...the Magic suck period. Always have...so this doesn't surprise me either.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-12, 06:25 PM
Big-POST-Bob's Avatar
Dead Man Walking
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,054

I'm losing more and more respect for Dwight. He's trying to be "the nice guy" because he saw the backlash of LeBron leaving the Cavs. He needs to just own up to his fans instead of straight up lying.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-12, 07:10 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-POST-Bob View Post
I'm losing more and more respect for Dwight. He's trying to be "the nice guy" because he saw the backlash of LeBron leaving the Cavs. He needs to just own up to his fans instead of straight up lying.

You guys are missing the point...if he wants Gundy gone it is a bit warranted given the team's state. Now while you're free to have your opinion about whether on how Dwight should feel, I can't understand why Van Gundy gets a free pass for his unprofessionalism time and time again. If Dwight indeed wants him gone, he did it in the proper manner...speaking to management and NOT THE MEDIA.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-12, 07:54 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
You guys are missing the point...if he wants Gundy gone it is a bit warranted given the team's state. Now while you're free to have your opinion about whether on how Dwight should feel, I can't understand why Van Gundy gets a free pass for his unprofessionalism time and time again. If Dwight indeed wants him gone, he did it in the proper manner...speaking to management and NOT THE MEDIA.
the reason he'd get a free pass from me is because he's been frustrated because of Dwight Howard asking for trades publicly (in "whisperings to others") and privately. Dwight's a guy who wanted to go to NJ and told management to trade him. he said he wanted to play with a Deron Williams or a Chris Paul (when he was available), throwing his current PG under the bus. then you see how Dwight acts toward Stan in that interview like everything's ok and then you see his expressions after he's exposed on his hypocrisy, you have to feel for Stan and the rest of the Magic.

if this wasn't the Dwight Howard Show all year, then you have reason to blame Stan, but the guy has put his ego above the organization, his teammates, and his coach. you can't fault one of those for cracking under the frustration and not caring anymore.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-05-12, 07:57 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
the reason he'd get a free pass from me is because he's been frustrated because of Dwight Howard asking for trades publicly (in "whisperings to others") and privately. Dwight's a guy who wanted to go to NJ and told management to trade him. he said he wanted to play with a Deron Williams or a Chris Paul (when he was available), throwing his current PG under the bus. then you see how Dwight acts toward Stan in that interview like everything's ok and then you see his expressions after he's exposed on his hypocrisy, you have to feel for Stan and the rest of the Magic.

if this wasn't the Dwight Howard Show all year, then you have reason to blame Stan, but the guy has put his ego above the organization, his teammates, and his coach. you can't fault one of those for cracking under the frustration and not caring anymore.

Dwight never has said in the MEDIA with cameras...that he wanted to be traded...never. Van Gundy was wrong for going to the media....period there is no excuse, especially since Dwight agreed to stay another year...which was miraculous.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-05-12, 08:20 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,266

I seriously think Van Gundy knows he's gone. Why would he bring this up? When it's all said and done, Van Gundy is an average coach. He's just not a championship coach. He doesn't have the thick skin that you have to have.

I'm no fan of Howard, but this isn't the first time a player has lobbied to get a coach fired. Jordan did it with Doug Collins. Magic Johnson did it with Westphal. Heck, Robinson did it with Bob Hill.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-05-12, 08:49 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,528

Dwight Howard is just an immature kid. I am not really trying to slam him, but he doesn't have anyone around him that he trusts that can give him guidance. He is a 26 year old man with the maturity of a 19 year old kid because that is how old he was when he was drafted.
__________________
Austin Day is better than Nando De colo, Dejuan Blair, and Matt Bonner!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-05-12, 09:17 PM
spurscrazed's Avatar
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
Dwight never has said in the MEDIA with cameras...that he wanted to be traded...never. Van Gundy was wrong for going to the media....period there is no excuse, especially since Dwight agreed to stay another year...which was miraculous.

I totally Agree on that!!

And the irony is after coach SVG leaves the MAGIC will lose Howard next summer....
Ah this MAGIC franchise in Orlando suck!!!!

Hey Rodny21a Here is a another funny video for Howard impersonations of Coach SVG and Chuck..

Dwight Howard does Stan Van Gundy and Charles Barkley - YouTube

__________________

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-05-12, 09:33 PM
Rodny21a's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 269

The only thing funny about Dwight s impressions is how horribly bad they are and how oblivious this brick headed tool is to that fact. Also in watching the Nicks Orlando game. His teammates have given up on him.He threw not only Stan under the buss but them with all his behind the scenes whining and on camera drama. I must have been irritating to have to play with a guy on a nightly basis who is basically telling everybody "YOU SUCK AND I DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU". He was either frozen out of the nicks game or he gave up on his team he took eight shots and only grabbed 8 boards in 39 minutes!!!! What NBA owner would want to invest in such a person. What other top teer NBA "star" would want to play with this guy. Nobody likes this ass but his mommy and maybe you. It was delicious to see the pain in his heart when he was booed at the free throw line in NY. I just hope it becomes a national trend that this ******* is shunned and booed everywhere.

Last edited by Rodny21a; 04-05-12 at 09:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-05-12, 10:11 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
I totally Agree on that!!

And the irony is after coach SVG leaves the MAGIC will lose Howard next summer....
Ah this MAGIC franchise in Orlando suck!!!!

Hey Rodny21a Here is a another funny video for Howard impersonations of Coach SVG and Chuck..

Dwight Howard does Stan Van Gundy and Charles Barkley - YouTube



You nailed it...Charles Barkley just said the samething, Dwight probably has loss confidence int he Orlando magic front office.

Then in a press coference Van Gundy is saying things like all he cares about are the games ahead blah blah blah...if you really cared Stan...you would have kept ur mouth shut. He just created a HUGE distration headed in the playoffs.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-06-12, 12:22 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
Dwight never has said in the MEDIA with cameras...that he wanted to be traded...never. Van Gundy was wrong for going to the media....period there is no excuse, especially since Dwight agreed to stay another year...which was miraculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I seriously think Van Gundy knows he's gone. Why would he bring this up? When it's all said and done, Van Gundy is an average coach. He's just not a championship coach. He doesn't have the thick skin that you have to have.

I'm no fan of Howard, but this isn't the first time a player has lobbied to get a coach fired. Jordan did it with Doug Collins. Magic Johnson did it with Westphal. Heck, Robinson did it with Bob Hill.
it doesn't matter if Dwight told the media or not, he told people and then his agent told the Magic he wanted out. there were even quotes from Jameer Nelson saying he felt like Dwight threw him under the bus because he wanted to play with another PG. you don't need to go to the actual media to have a big mouth. it's arguable that him demanding a trade, changing his mind, then changing his mind a few times, then not committing to an extension or waiving his clause, then waiving his clause isn't equally as bad as demanding a trade in public. that whole team has been attacked by Howard in some way and you can imagine how his teammates feel when he says he wants moves to make them contenders when they're doing pretty well. what else does Dwight want from them? he's just a huge distraction.

i agree Uwe and i see the arguments of people who wanna say "he's not the first", but Jordan/Magic/Robinson never wanted a trade to go play with another player and leaving his team out there to dry like Howard has. it's being reported online everywhere that there's doubt that Dwight wasn't even injured and that he was doing that to worsen the Magic's win-loss record so Stan could get canned sooner.

Dwight played 40 minutes tonight and only took 8 shots and it was bizarre with what SVG said before the game then if you look at the game, very rarely did any of his teammates even look for Dwight on offense. i disagree with Charles and Shaq saying that Stan has lost the team. with the whole Howard drama and his two faced behavior, it seems like the team has given up on Dwight (even if they don't like the coach).
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-06-12, 01:10 AM
b1gdon's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 619

I think people are tearing up Howard just a little too much. From what I understand, and I admit that I may be wrong, so please correct me, Dwight never went to the media with his "trade demand" or his demand for SVG to be fired.



I've noticed a pattern with these types of stories over the years. A player coming up on his free agency let's his team know that he isn't happy nor likely to resign with the team so if they want to get any value from him before he leaves, they should trade him to a team he would be willing to sign an extension with. Then some "source with knowledge of the situation" leaks it to ESPN who then runs story after story after story after story after story after story about how disgruntled the player is and how he demanded a trade and passing off their own speculating on who might make the trade as rumors...so much so that it seems like the player is constantly demanding a trade even though the entire story comes from a conversation had over the off season.

What is the best way for a player who isn't planning on resigning with his team supposed to handle this? Should he give them a heads up and give his former team an opportunity to try to get some value with a trade or should he pull a LeBron and string his team along and then dump them even though he full well knows he has no intention on resigning with the team?



As far as this specific situation goes, I lay this one entirely on SVG. Keep in mind this isn't the first time a future hall of fame NBA center has told mgt that he needs to be replaced.

A little history:



Apparently according to Jalen Rose even the Polish Pistol got on SVG.



I'll be the first to admit that I've never been a fan of SVG. Whenever I have seen the inside the huddle cameras on him, he is always behaving as Shaq described him, "The master of panic". I've always felt that basketball requires a certain amount of Zen in its approach. It is a finesse game and where as in football, whipping yourself up into a blood frenzy is usually a good thing, in a sport where you have to place a ball in a tiny hoop, calm but stern is the right approach (see Popovich, Gregg).

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-06-12, 11:53 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

if you take Shaq's critics from a "management" or GM standpoint, Steve Nash should've never been a 2 time MVP in 2005-2006 either. Shaq has bitter grapes with Van Gundy because Stan didn't run plays for him (neither did Riley either remember?). Shaq wanted Pat Riley gone after the Heat won a title, does that mean Shaq's right there too?

for all who say Dwight never went to the media and it's not warranted to fault him so much, his agent went public with the demands and Dwight himself told people who went public. WHY NOT KEEP THAT UNDER CLOSED DOORS? he hasn't been a perfect little soldier, but you can't fault Van Gundy for giving into the frustration of having Dwight not want to be there, wanting other players to be beside him besides the guys he already has, and then coming up to Stan like they're best friends.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-06-12, 12:17 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
if you take Shaq's critics from a "management" or GM standpoint, Steve Nash should've never been a 2 time MVP in 2005-2006 either. Shaq has bitter grapes with Van Gundy because Stan didn't run plays for him (neither did Riley either remember?). Shaq wanted Pat Riley gone after the Heat won a title, does that mean Shaq's right there too?

for all who say Dwight never went to the media and it's not warranted to fault him so much, his agent went public with the demands and Dwight himself told people who went public. WHY NOT KEEP THAT UNDER CLOSED DOORS? he hasn't been a perfect little soldier, but you can't fault Van Gundy for giving into the frustration of having Dwight not want to be there, wanting other players to be beside him besides the guys he already has, and then coming up to Stan like they're best friends.
I fault Van Gundy because he is the head coach and should be the professional one. There was no reason for him to say that to the media. He gave into the pressure. And the Van Gundys have a history of saying stupid things. Dwight is an immature idiot, but you expect that from today's athletes. You don't expect the coach to dive headfirst into the idiocy. Maybe he wants to get fired? I don't know, but he's making the GM have to do something sooner than the offseason, and it's too late to trade Howard.

Now, who's going to suffer? The Magic fans.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-12, 04:46 PM
Rodny21a's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 269

Adrian Wojnarowski is the best NBA beat writer around and here is his take on the situation...
Adrian Wojnarowski: Dwight Howard Not a Leader | Yahoo Sports Radio

Here is dwight and one of the other guys he has thrown under the buss asking like children



Howard is making 17 million
Jameer making 7 million..

and they don't give a ****...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-06-12, 04:51 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
if you take Shaq's critics from a "management" or GM standpoint, Steve Nash should've never been a 2 time MVP in 2005-2006 either. Shaq has bitter grapes with Van Gundy because Stan didn't run plays for him (neither did Riley either remember?). Shaq wanted Pat Riley gone after the Heat won a title, does that mean Shaq's right there too?

for all who say Dwight never went to the media and it's not warranted to fault him so much, his agent went public with the demands and Dwight himself told people who went public. WHY NOT KEEP THAT UNDER CLOSED DOORS? he hasn't been a perfect little soldier, but you can't fault Van Gundy for giving into the frustration of having Dwight not want to be there, wanting other players to be beside him besides the guys he already has, and then coming up to Stan like they're best friends.


You're contradicting yourself again and again "Why not keep that under closed doors?"...he did, the agent requested of the team and it went public...is different from going STRAIGHT to the media. Then NONE OF THAT IS REVELANT NOW...BECUZ DWIGHT STAYED..lol. Its over.

Why is Van Gundy frusrtated all of sudden? He said he knew ALL SEASON about Howard wanting him gone if thats true(which i find it odd that Howard would re-sign if he did INDEED want Gundy gone so badly)..and Gundy said he only cares about the games ahead...if that were true...he would have never brought this up...HE RUINED THE TEAM'S season... but you are giving him a free pass...
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-06-12, 05:16 PM
spurscrazed's Avatar
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodny21a View Post
The only thing funny about Dwight s impressions is how horribly bad they are and how oblivious this brick headed tool is to that fact.


AwW I Totally agree on that! The only reason I put that example is to show that he does impressions of everyone even Coach SVG...

Howard's impressions are just totally showing his character. The dude just lost Tons of credibility, RESPECT, & Dignity by all what he did this season. Can't imagine where he will end up next year and how is he going to rebuild his character again....

__________________

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-06-12, 05:47 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post


AwW I Totally agree on that! The only reason I put that example is to show that he does impressions of everyone even Coach SVG...

Howard's impressions are just totally showing his character. The dude just lost Tons of credibility, RESPECT, & Dignity by all what he did this season. Can't imagine where he will end up next year and how is he going to rebuild his character again....

that will be a huge problem with him, i agree. who is going to want to coach this guy, knowing you might be thinking you have a good relationship with him and he's lobbying to get you fired? what if he demands a trade from that current team when it's not going well for a few years?
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-06-12, 06:36 PM
katyspursfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
that will be a huge problem with him, i agree. who is going to want to coach this guy, knowing you might be thinking you have a good relationship with him and he's lobbying to get you fired? what if he demands a trade from that current team when it's not going well for a few years?
Every coach in the NBA would want to coach the dude. They all think they can do a better job than the last guy.

That being said, I rather enjoyed seeing Howard squirm.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-07-12, 06:30 AM
Guapo's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,102

Howard will never achieve greatness until he actually grows up.

Another high schooler who went straight to the NBA and thinks he owns the world.

Now this...

The focus in Central Florida is understandably on Stan Van Gundy, who has somehow retained his post as Magic coach even after Thursday's surreal scenes, which saw Van Gundy reveal to a gaggle of reporters that he knows center Dwight Howard indeed wants him ousted because his bosses have told him so. Firing Van Gundy immediately, with his relationship with Howard presumably beyond repair at this point and after he made the organization's private business so public, would figure to be Orlando's only hope of regaining the trust of its franchise player and saving its relationship with Howard.

Weekend Dime -- Jeremy Lin and the undrafted - ESPN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-07-12, 08:08 AM
Dulce's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodny21a View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski is the best NBA beat writer around and here is his take on the situation...
Adrian Wojnarowski: Dwight Howard Not a Leader | Yahoo Sports Radio

Here is dwight and one of the other guys he has thrown under the buss asking like children



Howard is making 17 million
Jameer making 7 million..

and they don't give a ****...
Wow.
__________________
No Asterisks in this life, it's all about scoreboard - Ari Gold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-08-12, 11:58 PM
Sdayi1's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 280

Magic should just cut bait with both after the season. Trade Howard AND fire SVG, unless they make a miraculous run in the playoffs, which is unlikely.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-09-12, 03:33 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodny21a View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski is the best NBA beat writer around and here is his take on the situation...
Adrian Wojnarowski: Dwight Howard Not a Leader | Yahoo Sports Radio

Here is dwight and one of the other guys he has thrown under the buss asking like children



Howard is making 17 million
Jameer making 7 million..

and they don't give a ****...
most PG's lay on the floor since most of them have bad backs (not trying to argue him being there, just saying it's not rare. Nash stays laying down until he's called up to get in the game).

the one i'm not surprised with is Howard. it seems that the game after Van Gundy told the truth, they are not looking for Howard in the paint at all. all of the other players are looking to get a shot for everyone else and Howard is a last ditch attempt for a score (even if he has a lopsided mismatch on him).

i don't think Stan is the most liked coach in the NBA, but i think Howard has definitely lost "the boys" since there's been rumors out there he's been sitting with a fake injury to help Stan get canned and help him keep face. if the team believes that, he's also throwing them under the bus and leaving them in a bad situation.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-09-12, 04:11 PM
Rodny21a's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 269

[yt][/yt]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0