News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-12, 11:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Ok, Griffin Explosive Yes! Overrated Yes!

Ok, so i get that Griffin is a very gifted leaper but come on Over the back is a foul for anyone else but him, its getting out of hand. Not only that but, him using the off arm to hold off the defender is also a foul for anyone but him, that is outrageous!
The guy is explosive but he can't and shouldn't be rewarded for being one dimentional. I know he is working on a jump shot but he is very limited, now!
He is not the go to guy at the end of games and really i don't see him developing itto it either. I'm saying it now, The Clipper will NOT win a Championship because of Griffin. Paul will want out of there by next contract.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-12, 12:56 PM
The Amazing!

Preach, brotha!
Old 04-05-12, 03:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

If the Clippers were smart, they would offer him in a package for Dwight Howard. Griffin can dunk. Anything else?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-12, 04:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

After today, that may be an option.

Bring in Howard, keep Paul and hire Phil Jackson as coach.

Del Negro would be toast (as if he has half a chance now) if Howard were brought in.

I trust the Clipper network enough to keep them out of the Finals, therefore not impacting the Spurs' hopes. Not sure if they'd screw up the draft, free agency or in house signings. But it would certainly be a combination of the the three to keep them below the exceptional line. They MIGHT clear mediocrity with Paul, Howard and pieces. Maybe.
Old 04-05-12, 05:12 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

They use to say the samething about shaq...this is the guys SECOND YEAR in the league...21 pts and 11 rebounds...I HARDLY call that overrated. :

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 04-05-12, 10:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I was watching First Take earlier today, and The panel was talking about the same thing. They called him "overrated" Saying that he is like "a beautiful dumb model" that once you get passed the beauty/dunks there is nothing there. That was funny as heck! Skip was talking about how he is the glitzy diamond of the NBA right now. Also, another analyst said that he has not improved his game enough to don him a superstar, and if he didn't improve his game by next year then the Clippers are wasting time in not capitalizing on having a great point guard in Chris Paul.
Old 04-05-12, 10:15 PM
Banned

Griffin is just the latest proof that the NBA is nothing more than Sports Entertainment like WWE..or UFC(that's what they called themselves when petitioning the New York Athletic commission for a license recently)... No more carrying the ball, no more traveling(crab dribble) no more D... its all just so a guy can Dunk the ball and score 30 pts... its the equivalent of the MLB making a juiced ball...then they got juiced players. Do you honestly think guys like lebron, Dwight, and Griffin aren't on Juice...lols..Kobe Famously got some tranfusions in the off season that are considered doping by the Olympics... This is the Bull**** That David Stern has propagated... fun isn't it?
Old 04-05-12, 10:22 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Blake is a treat to watch. Amazing athlete. But enjoy him while we've got him because he's one serious knee injury away from being an average pro player.
Old 04-06-12, 01:29 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Ah Haaa! Confirmation baby! Charles Barkley just said that in 49 states Griffin's 2 dunks on Gasol would be considered an Offensive Foul. Yes Sir, Finally somebody has the guts to say it on National TV. Thanks Chuck for keeping it real and not jumping in on Griffin's jock!
Old 04-06-12, 03:04 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Just when you thought it was safe to post...

How ridiculous!

What's overrated about 20 and 11?
Old 04-06-12, 07:39 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Shawn Kemp 2.0
Old 04-06-12, 01:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
They use to say the samething about shaq...this is the guys SECOND YEAR in the league...21 pts and 11 rebounds...I HARDLY call that overrated. :
True, but he's one knee injury away from becoming a mediocre player. It drives me nuts to see these young bigs that can't play with their back to the basket or hit a 15-20 foot jump shot. Really? I see guys at the YMCA that have better post games.

If Griffin were smart, he'd already have a killer jump shot and some moves down low. That would allow him to have a career like Malone. Instead, he is liable to have a short career.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 04-06-12, 02:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodny21a View Post
Griffin is just the latest proof that the NBA is nothing more than Sports Entertainment like WWE..or UFC(that's what they called themselves when petitioning the New York Athletic commission for a license recently)... No more carrying the ball, no more traveling(crab dribble) no more D... its all just so a guy can Dunk the ball and score 30 pts... its the equivalent of the MLB making a juiced ball...then they got juiced players. Do you honestly think guys like lebron, Dwight, and Griffin aren't on Juice...lols..Kobe Famously got some tranfusions in the off season that are considered doping by the Olympics... This is the Bull**** That David Stern has propagated... fun isn't it?
way to bring your take and fire rookie! Love it!
Old 04-06-12, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodny21a View Post
How does "juicing" help in the NBA? It doesn't make you faster or shoot better.....I can obviously see the benefits of juicing for NFL/MLB where strenth is essential. But the NBA? I dunno, I just don't see it happening as often (although to some exstent I'm sure it does) in the NBA.
Old 04-06-12, 04:45 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryhn View Post
True, but he's one knee injury away from becoming a mediocre player. It drives me nuts to see these young bigs that can't play with their back to the basket or hit a 15-20 foot jump shot. Really? I see guys at the YMCA that have better post games.

If Griffin were smart, he'd already have a killer jump shot and some moves down low. That would allow him to have a career like Malone. Instead, he is liable to have a short career.

He has been improving on his jumpshot since last season and remember its only his second year. Sure he depends on athlecticism alot but so did Drob when he first came into the league.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 04-06-12, 06:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yeah, and it drove me nuts that he didnt have a better post game.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 04-06-12, 09:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

A lot of hate hear for a guy who does not seem to warrent it.

He does not beat his chest and carry on even after freakish acts that noone else can do..... his teammates, me oh my and the league do.

He works hard on both ends of the court and has developed from where he started.

It is beyond simple to say he is one knee injury away from being average..... noone can star if they don't recover from a knee injury geniuses, especially big men they will always be half as quick or explosive etc.

Watch most highlights and on an attacking drive people use the off hand to gain advantage, are we going to have someone in a booth letting the refs know everytime it happens? Pau was never going to block that he was trying to get in the way..... he did and then got owned.

The tip dunk was over the head not the back, Blake was way above Pau before he even thought of jumping and Pau was not boxing out.... ohh and I don't care if it was over the back it was not on the Spurs and it was damn impressive.

I don't like when the league overhypes people, which they are with Blake, either but to say Blake is a one dimensional average player is done without watching him play a full game..... he is and will be a a dominent player in the league and will not be the reason Clippers don't make it.

BTW to then turn around and suggest Dwight, an older version of the same player, is a double standard of unbelievable proportions.
Old 04-07-12, 12:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
It is beyond simple to say he is one knee injury away from being average..... noone can star if they don't recover from a knee injury geniuses, especially big men they will always be half as quick or explosive etc.

Uhh, no its not.... Duncan had some knee issues, and if he had depended as much on athleticism, he would have become mediocre... But Duncan is the anti-Griffin. Everything about Duncan's game is about fundamentals, footwork, and high bball IQ.

When a player like Griffin gets so much simply because he can jump over people, it is not impossible to realize that if it is taken away he doesnt have much left. I have not seen anything in his game that suggests he could survive losing his extraordinary abilities..
Old 04-07-12, 12:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The guy has a decent midrange shot. This hate is stupid and ridiculous. People who say the kid can only dunk need to pick up NBA League Pass sometime. It just so happens that he has a great point guard and works within an offense that encourages getting easy baskets in the open court. Great uneducated observations people.
Old 04-07-12, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Real View Post
The guy has a decent midrange shot. This hate is stupid and ridiculous. People who say the kid can only dunk need to pick up NBA League Pass sometime. It just so happens that he has a great point guard and works within an offense that encourages getting easy baskets in the open court. Great uneducated observations people.
....I can wait for the Spurs to beat the $H!T outta the Fakers.......5 more days
Old 04-07-12, 02:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryhn View Post
Uhh, no its not.... Duncan had some knee issues, and if he had depended as much on athleticism, he would have become mediocre... But Duncan is the anti-Griffin. Everything about Duncan's game is about fundamentals, footwork, and high bball IQ.

When a player like Griffin gets so much simply because he can jump over people, it is not impossible to realize that if it is taken away he doesnt have much left. I have not seen anything in his game that suggests he could survive losing his extraordinary abilities..
Bryhn look up the old TD highlights and at the way he used to get up some big dunks that get forgotten. TD has adapted his fundamentals to what his body allows and that adaption has helped him become a sure ballot for HOF and in the picture of the greatest PF of alltime.

Besides the unfair comparison TD's resume TD did lose a level he had, think about if TD hadn't got injured what he could have done, and it would have effected his whole game.... so even the fundementals would have been harder.

Blair dropped to the 2nd round due to teams worries on knees, it is just so key to the whole mechanics of a basketball player..... so yes it is unfair to single out a player by if he had bad knees because any big man especially is affected and we as Spurs fans should know it TD is what he is but would have been even better with unaffected knees.

Watch Blake one time without blood coloured glasses he doesn't just dunk, as I said he plays hard on both ends of the court and has shown greater range and post moves this year so is developing.

The annoying part of the baseless arguments here is that you are forcing me to be a Blake fanboy when I dont want to be.
Old 04-07-12, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
....I can wait for the Spurs to beat the $H!T outta the Fakers.......5 more days
I'm not a Laker fan though. LOL

That won't work on me.
Old 04-07-12, 06:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Bryhn look up the old TD highlights and at the way he used to get up some big dunks that get forgotten. TD has adapted his fundamentals to what his body allows and that adaption has helped him become a sure ballot for HOF and in the picture of the greatest PF of alltime.

Besides the unfair comparison TD's resume TD did lose a level he had, think about if TD hadn't got injured what he could have done, and it would have effected his whole game.... so even the fundementals would have been harder.

Blair dropped to the 2nd round due to teams worries on knees, it is just so key to the whole mechanics of a basketball player..... so yes it is unfair to single out a player by if he had bad knees because any big man especially is affected and we as Spurs fans should know it TD is what he is but would have been even better with unaffected knees.

Watch Blake one time without blood coloured glasses he doesn't just dunk, as I said he plays hard on both ends of the court and has shown greater range and post moves this year so is developing.

The annoying part of the baseless arguments here is that you are forcing me to be a Blake fanboy when I dont want to be.
Actually, I like Blake's game. The guy is very good skill set, unbelievable athleticism. He also has great respect for Tim Duncan. This off-season he worked on his midrange and he's been hitting that with good regularity.

You're not alone. I don't understand where this heat came from. is this a Laker forum?
Old 04-09-12, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Real View Post
I'm not a Laker fan though. LOL

That won't work on me.
Then why do you have that horrible avatar....lol....confusing the heck outta me!
Old 04-09-12, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Then why do you have that horrible avatar....lol....confusing the heck outta me!
It was strictly for healing sir. I assure you of this. LOL!
Old 04-10-12, 02:04 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The question posed to Blake Griffin was direct. How does he rate himself as a defender? "I don't think I'm as bad of a defender as some people try to peg me as," Griffin said. But? "But I know I have a lot of work to do," Griffin acknowledged. "The effort is there. I think our coaching staff knows the effort is there. I've got a lot of room to improve, like I've said." LA Times

Read more: NBA Rumors - InsideHoops.com