News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-29-12, 02:15 AM
SR Team Goof

Budweiser Commercial

Are any of you as tired as I am of the Budweiser commercial that is run during each of the Spurs games? It’s the one and only Bud commercial that Fox SW seems to be running and it’s getting pretty tiresome. I’m starting to not care about this guy’s neighbor Sarah and puppy’s breath, it stinks. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! What do you think?
Old 03-29-12, 02:18 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

awwww Puppy Breath...

yeah it's starting to get old.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-29-12, 08:33 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Do like I do, record the game and fast forward through the commercials.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-29-12, 08:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'd suffer it if I could watch more Spurs games. But I can imagine it's bad, I'm one of the first to gripe about ads.
Old 03-29-12, 10:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I usually do the record and watch without commercials things, but these late games make it hard to wait that late before starting the game.
Old 03-29-12, 10:29 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
Do like I do, record the game and fast forward through the commercials.
I do record all the games on a DVR but it always seems the Bud commercial is the first ad after the timeout break. I'm just letting off steam since I see the same ad time after time. I think I'll contact to the FSSW public relations office and ask them to kindly ask Budweiser to allow them to air other Bud commercials and give this one the DNP label for a few games.
Old 03-29-12, 11:20 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I am with you on this alh1020!

"My cute neighbor sarah" is such a Lame ad for Bdwsr.
It sucks! It makes me wanna puke
Boring. Boring. Boring.
They should quit running it by now, at least during Spurs game time outs or half time.
Old 03-29-12, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

...a Kawhi Leonard rebound...
Old 03-29-12, 12:39 PM
SpursReport Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
I am with you on this alh1020!

"My cute neighbor sarah" is such a Lame ad for Bdwsr.
It sucks! It makes me wanna puke
Boring. Boring. Boring.
They should quit running it by now, at least during Spurs game time outs or half time.
Everytime i hear that.....the part with Sarah....I think that guy is a pervert
Old 03-29-12, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Old 03-29-12, 03:35 PM
Official SR Home Builder

I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Old 03-29-12, 04:06 PM
SpursReport Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
lol eddy...tell me you dont look like that guy on your avatar..hehe
Old 03-29-12, 05:03 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Ok Eddy, after watching this commercial over a hundred times over the past couple weeks, we know what your mug looks like -- you've got the bar patrons and the Spurs viewing audience wanting to know -- what does your pretty little neighbor Sarah look like?

:drummer
Old 03-29-12, 05:04 PM
Administrator

@ Eddy
Old 03-29-12, 05:37 PM
Official SR Home Builder

She only looks cute after a few Budweisers.
Old 03-29-12, 06:01 PM
SR Team Goof

This Bud's for you, Eddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kgySKY0hs
Old 04-01-12, 05:25 PM

Well Congratulations to Spurs Fans who are sick and tired of this Boring "My cute neighbor Sarah" Budweiser Commercial. It looks like they quit running those during the last game vs the Pacers. So I hope Fox Sport people got our memo! Hope we all can enjoy the Spurs games without this moronic ad...

Go Spurs Go
Old 04-01-12, 05:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Now can we do something about that whiny song they use to promote the next upcoming FoxSW Spurs game? That they play a billion times a game.
Old 04-01-12, 07:10 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
Now can we do something about that whiny song they use to promote the next upcoming FoxSW Spurs game? That they play a billion times a game.
Here‚Äôs a couple email addresses that I used to complain about the Bud commercial. Now, the Laurel Baker address is what I found when I reviewed the FSSW website regarding program advertising. I wrote to both about the Bud ad but didn‚Äôt get any written response back. Even though that ‚Äėneighbor Sarah‚Äô ad didn‚Äôt run during the Pacer game, I did see a couple Bud Light commercials which were a little more refreshing and didn‚Äôt air more than twice during the game.

'[email protected]'

'[email protected]'
Old 04-02-12, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If you DVR the game, and start watching about an hour into it, then you can fastforward through all the commercials and halftime, and time it roughly right to catch the end live/just after finishing. It's like getting an hour of your life extra to do other stuff. Plus, you can pause and go back to see replays of the awesome ball movement. I'll also fast forward through opponent FTs, esp. the first one.
Old 04-02-12, 05:36 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Once, I'd like to see someone in that bar yell

"Hey! Debbie Downer! Finish yer beer and get the hell out of here!"
Old 04-02-12, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I was thinking the same thing...but, it's better than the AWFUL Northside Ford commercials and not to mention that other car commercial where the dude is TOTALLY superimposed jumping over that car...
Old 04-03-12, 05:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

While the Budweiser commercials are bad and overplayed. Let's talk about the real offenders for local television:

1. Express Lube and the animated oil drop. By far one of the worst ideas for a local television campaign.
2. ANY and I do mean ANY Ancira commercial. Why they continue to think that we want to see any of them on the television is beyond me. I would drive 1,000 miles just so I wouldn't have to purchase a car from Ancira.
3. The newest entry into the fold is WOMACK CHEVROLET . . . Are you kidding me? Look real close the next time this commercial comes on. It looks like have ZERO inventory. I also don't really care to be introduced to the 9 people on their sales staff . . . especially Bubba.

Honorable mention of course is Brake Check. Crooks. Why local businesses believe that the best avenue of advertising is to put themselves into the commercials . . . poor idea.
Old 04-03-12, 08:29 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Puppy breath is baaaaaaaaack!!!!

Old 04-03-12, 10:07 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
Puppy breath is baaaaaaaaack!!!!
Yup. I guess we were granted a one game reprieve for the Pacer game but it was back in force tonight. As I fast forwarded through the commercials, I counted at least 4 airings of it. Oh well, this Bud's for you! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Old 04-04-12, 09:57 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

A pox on the house of whomever created that stupid commercial!

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 04-04-12, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Yup. I guess we were granted a one game reprieve for the Pacer game but it was back in force tonight. As I fast forwarded through the commercials, I counted at least 4 airings of it. Oh well, this Bud's for you! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Old 04-04-12, 07:14 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Just out of curiosity, is that a little game that plays in bars with the yunguns?

The bars I had a beer in weren't near as quiet a decade (or two) ago to play the game. Then again, maybe it's an East coast thing, and not a Texas thing.

By the way, if it's not a Texas thing, stop playing it in Texas!

edit: I would NOT buy a Bud after the game, just because of the super-saturation of the stupid neighbor Sarah.

Last edited by katyspursfan; 04-04-12 at 07:16 PM.