News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-23-12, 01:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs Sign Boris Diaw!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Boris Diaw, Spurs reach deal

Y! Sources: Free agent Boris Diaw reaches agreement on deal with the San Antonio Spurs

Free agent Boris Diaw has reached agreement on a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Diaw agreed to a buyout with the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, and cleared waivers Friday afternoon. The Spurs will sign Diaw for the remainder of the season.

The deadline for signing free agents to be eligible for the playoffs is Friday.

Diaw, 29, is a versatile, passing forward who fell out of favor with Bobcats coach Paul Silas this season. For his nine-year career, Diaw has averaged 9.4 points, and remained one of the league’s better passing forwards. Despite starting 28 games for Charlotte, Silas was frustrated with Diaw’s unwillingness to be more aggressive in scoring. Diaw’s fitness issues have dogged him throughout his career, but he’s still shown an ability to be a productive offensive player.

San Antonio is 30-14, trailing Oklahoma City by 3½ games for top seed in the Western Conference. The Spurs have bolstered themselves with forward Stephen Jackson and point guard Patty Mills for the stretch run of the season

Last edited by Joeriffic13; 03-23-12 at 01:27 PM. Reason: link
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-12, 01:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriffic13 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Close
Y! Sources: Free agent Boris Diaw reaches agreement on deal with the San Antonio Spurs

Free agent Boris Diaw has reached agreement on a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski
Derek Fisher to make Thunder debut on Wednesday Mar 21, 2012
Spurs hold strong lead for Boris Diaw Mar 21, 2012
Diaw agreed to a buyout with the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, and cleared waivers Friday afternoon. The Spurs will sign Diaw for the remainder of the season.

The deadline for signing free agents to be eligible for the playoffs is Friday.

Diaw, 29, is a versatile, passing forward who fell out of favor with Bobcats coach Paul Silas this season. For his nine-year career, Diaw has averaged 9.4 points, and remained one of the league’s better passing forwards. Despite starting 28 games for Charlotte, Silas was frustrated with Diaw’s unwillingness to be more aggressive in scoring. Diaw’s fitness issues have dogged him throughout his career, but he’s still shown an ability to be a productive offensive player.

San Antonio is 30-14, trailing Oklahoma City by 3½ games for top seed in the Western Conference. The Spurs have bolstered themselves with forward Stephen Jackson and point guard Patty Mills for the stretch run of the season

:applause:applause:applause
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-12, 01:25 PM
The Master Baiter

He brings another dimension to the Spurs offense. This team is looking scary.
Old 03-23-12, 01:27 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

This team has truly become a lot deeper with a good mix of vets and young'uns - the last part of this season should be pretty interesting.
Old 03-23-12, 01:34 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Hope we see a lot of TP-Bobo playing time, they know each other very well !
I'm so happy right know, Tony PArker also must be.
Old 03-23-12, 01:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

wow..the most activity i've seen by the front office in a while. which means they really think the team has the potential to win it this year. hopefully everyone gels pretty quickly.
Old 03-23-12, 01:42 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

This is one of the few times I've seen the Spurs sign someone that was considered a frontrunner.
Old 03-23-12, 01:42 PM
SR Team Goof

Though I'm happy he's aboard, he's also just another piece to the puzzle. Before we start arranging dates for the Riverwalk parade, let's see if he fits on the court. The FO seem to think so, But remember when we first obtained Richard Jefferson from the Bucks in that trade, Pop stated to fire him if we didn't win the championship. But the future does seem to be getting brighter.
Old 03-23-12, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

What is the status of his visa?

Last edited by Spurd_On; 03-23-12 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-23-12, 02:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Glad he finally signed. We were running out of time so I'm happy he'll be playin sometime next week

- Confucius
Old 03-23-12, 02:36 PM

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !
Old 03-23-12, 02:38 PM
Banned

Old 03-23-12, 02:45 PM
Spartan Moderator

Wow this team is LOADED!

Old 03-23-12, 02:48 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Wow... I don't remember Diaw's performances in the post-season but WTH I'm happy.

Looks like he is a terrible ft shooter
[email protected]
Old 03-23-12, 02:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

great!!!

...now, we need a legit 7 footer with average skillset! better if he can defend

LOLLOL seriusly!!
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinsons face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim hed look at me like he was bored and then say, Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass. Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 03-23-12, 02:51 PM
The Amazing!

:shocked
Old 03-23-12, 03:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

(THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS)

Spurs Sign Boris Diaw
SAN ANTONIO (March 23, 2012) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they signed forward Boris Diaw. Per club policy details of the contract were not released.

The 6-8, 235-pound Diaw started the season with the Charlotte Bobcats before being placed on waivers on March 21. In 37 games with the Bobcats, Diaw averaged 7.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists in 27.5 minutes. He scored in double figures in 11 games, including a season-high 27 points at New York on Jan. 4. Diaw came with two assists of his seventh career triple-double posting 16 points, 16 rebounds and 8 assists vs. Miami on Dec. 28.
An eight-year NBA veteran, Diaw was originally drafted by the Atlanta Hawks with the 21st overall pick in the 2003 NBA Draft. He was traded to the Phoenix Suns on Aug. 19, 2005. In his first season with the Suns, Diaw won the 2006 Most Improved Player Award, after averaging 13.3 points, 6.9 rebounds and 6.2 assists in 35.5 minutes over 81 games.

For his career, Diaw has appeared in 660 NBA games, averaging 9.6 points, 4.9 rebounds and 4.0 assists in 30.3 minutes while shooting .491 (2,645-5,389) from the field, .329 (293-891) from three-point territory and .708 (780-1,101) from the foul line. He has posted six triple-doubles during his career. Diaw has seen action in 39 playoff games, averaging 13.9 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists in 34.9 minutes.
Old 03-23-12, 03:23 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Awesome work by the FO.

This kind of post-all star break lock and load is unprecedented for the Spurs. And I can't think of the last time anybody in the top tier of playoff contention added three players of this caliber so late in the season. Especially while giving up so little in return.
Old 03-23-12, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Awesome work by the FO.

This kind of post-all star break lock and load is unprecedented for the Spurs. And I can't think of the last time anybody in the top tier of playoff contention added three players of this caliber so late in the season. Especially while giving up so little in return.
It's been a unique season....

First this would be the ALL INN moment for the Spurs in Regard to Tim Duncan....

Second The Lock out caused Some high quality free Agents to be available in March.... These players signed with the ChineseBA and had to stay until their teams were eliminated for the Playoffs or they wouldn't get paid....

Third because of the lockout some player that were young didn't develop like people thought(JJ Hickson ect) or old player that were injured didn't get healthy like they though(Okur, Odem...ect) and there have been more buy outs.. than usual... of some pretty good vets... The new CBA has a lot to do with this too

All this has added up to what the spurs have been doing....

so

Old 03-23-12, 03:55 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Bench time Bonner!
Old 03-23-12, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
Boris Diaw will be in the building tonight when Spurs face Mavs. Not sure yet if he'll be in uniform or, if so, whether he'll play.
Old 03-23-12, 04:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
He brings another dimension to the Spurs offense. This team is looking scary.

True. but what about our defense? Thats going to be the deciding factor come playoffs. It concerns me.
Old 03-23-12, 05:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We have Bonner for defense.
Old 03-23-12, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Old 03-23-12, 05:48 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
we don't have him for offense either because he misses shots in the playoffs!
Old 03-23-12, 06:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
Boris Diaw already has a locker in Spurs' locker room, between Matt Bonner and Eric Dawson. Diaw will wear No. 33.
Old 03-23-12, 06:57 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

Old 03-24-12, 12:16 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

That is an awesome pick by the Spurs!!!!

I was fortunate enough to go to the game tonight and I saw Boris!

He looked Fantastic. I think he can be in shape if he wanted!!!

He looked BIG! I LOVED to see him play Dirk and Pop gave him plenty of minutes so it was real NICE to see him out there hustling and he is so Multi Talented if he wanted to he can do so many things.... I am so Excited to see him on our team!

Also LEONARD looked scary out there too!

This team has sooooooooooo many potentials when coached right!

Go Spurs Go!!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 03-24-12, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

so...when can we start the "sign boris to an extention!" thread? i wish we would have gotten him for longer than this year. ive always liked his skill set, hopefully he is here for a long time!
Old 03-24-12, 02:05 AM
Banned

Found this Video. Manu and Boris said that Tony has had the French National Team Running a variant of the Spurs System. Well... They are right...

[yt][/yt]

Last edited by Rodny21a; 03-24-12 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-24-12, 05:49 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Hey Rodny21a Thanks for posting this video.

I liked what I watched for some parts of that video.

TP9 was running something along with Spurs team for the French NT. LOVE the fact that France had won that game 76/65!

Also something else I noticed how Boris had some quiet good experience guarding Dirk Nowitzki in that game....

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!