News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-18-12, 03:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Sjax's Debut

Gave Dirk trouble when defending him... Hit a three... Made nice assist... Feeling the guy is going to start contributing significantly soon. Made me eat crow. Keeps his head straight he's gonna be a great pick up. Love this team right now. Back to backs just are our kryptonite. Thoughts everyone?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-12, 03:11 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Really liked what he bought and its only going to get better!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-12, 04:09 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Really liked what he bought and its only going to get better!
When he blew past his defender and drove to the rim for an easy 2, I could only think that Jefferson would have never done that. Nevertheless we did lose though and Jefferson would have played 30-35 minutes in that game.
Old 03-18-12, 06:09 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I think we pretty much lost it when Blair was guarding Dirk. Pop has to do something about that. SJax or Kawai were definitely more effective.
Old 03-18-12, 06:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Blair cant guard Dirk plain and simple. There was a game earlier in the year when Blair guards him and dirk had a poor hooting night but that was due more to Dirk being out of shape and not having a good night shooting than it had it to do with Blair. Hope learned his lesson about going at Dirk with Blair for extended period of time like tonight. Also Bonner played way too much for not producing. Looks like hell be the new scapegoat. Anyone surprised? If Diaw does come, I'll be happy to see him take PT from Blair and Bonner but not Tiago.

- Confucius
Old 03-18-12, 08:39 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Have to admit, SJax brought a spark to the defense and seemed comfortable out there. Once he gets in better shape he might just be a good addition to the team. I also thought he showed something when afterwards he said that he regretted ever leaving SA, is it possible he's matured????? And I did love watching him get under that german's skin like he did, it's fun to watch the frustration grow.
Old 03-18-12, 08:40 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

And Blair has no business trying to guard the german
Old 03-18-12, 09:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Welcome back Jackson!
My take is anyone the Spurs put on Dork will do a decent job. It's called denying the ball!
It's obvious he's a seven footer, but let's not forget that the person guarding him has to deal with the refs, as always. Nothing new!
Jack was bodying up to him and making him work. In one instance, got called for a foul, when really Dork hooked him, and knocking him down!
I really like our chances, with Jack, Kawhi, Blair and even throw some Green on him. They are all young and quick! Bring it!
Of course, enough Spurs make shots, easily a game that could've been won.
Old 03-18-12, 10:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Blair cant guard Dirk plain and simple. There was a game earlier in the year when Blair guards him and dirk had a poor hooting night but that was due more to Dirk being out of shape and not having a good night shooting than it had it to do with Blair. Hope learned his lesson about going at Dirk with Blair for extended period of time like tonight. Also Bonner played way too much for not producing. Looks like hell be the new scapegoat. Anyone surprised? If Diaw does come, I'll be happy to see him take PT from Blair and Bonner but not Tiago.
You are right on the money with those comments. . . . . New/Old scapegoat.

Trade Bonner (and Blair). . . Trade Bonner (and Blair). . . Trade Bonner (and Blair). . . Trade Bonner (and Blair). . . Trade Bonner (and Blair). . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
Have to admit, SJax brought a spark to the defense and seemed comfortable out there. Once he gets in better shape he might just be a good addition to the team. I also thought he showed something when afterwards he said that he regretted ever leaving SA, is it possible he's matured????? And I did love watching him get under that german's skin like he did, it's fun to watch the frustration grow.
I loved the grit against Dirk. We will be able to get under their skin in the playoffs. The refs won't bail them out in a 7 game series like they did last night.
Old 03-18-12, 11:49 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Also we missed a lot of ft's. That was a big difference in the game.
Old 03-18-12, 01:17 PM
Herman Cain of the board

SJax had the highest +/- rating of the spurs last night FYI
Old 03-18-12, 03:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilly101 View Post
Gave Dirk trouble when defending him... Hit a three... Made nice assist... Feeling the guy is going to start contributing significantly soon. Made me eat crow. Keeps his head straight he's gonna be a great pick up. Love this team right now. Back to backs just are our kryptonite. Thoughts everyone?
There is a really good article out there about SJAX and his intentions during the fight in Indiana and when he fired the gun. There's a side to the story that nobody knew about that really warranted his decisions. He's definitely not a thug. I'll see if I can find that article and post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
When he blew past his defender and drove to the rim for an easy 2, I could only think that Jefferson would have never done that. Nevertheless we did lose though and Jefferson would have played 30-35 minutes in that game.
I thought the same thing. I don't remember Jefferson stepping one foot inside the 3 point line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzzer View Post
I think we pretty much lost it when Blair was guarding Dirk. Pop has to do something about that. SJax or Kawai were definitely more effective.
I couldn't believe Pop put him on Dirk in the first place. I screaming through the TV at pop but, he didn't hear me. Kawhi only guarded him for I think 3 possessions. He was 0-3. SJAX did a wonderful job as well. I didn't understand Pop's logic on that one...
Old 03-18-12, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilly101 View Post
A CLEAN LOOK - ESPN The Magazine

There's that article. I have no worries about him.
Old 03-18-12, 05:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nice article McGyver we really haven't lost anything by letting RJ go, maybe both on and off the court.

It will be interesting to see how he goes this first season or whether we will have to wait till next for the full effect.