News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-17-12, 03:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Well Houston/Spurs point guard rumors

Southwest Rumors: Fisher, Mills, Jackson: Hoops Rumors

take as you will Mills to Houston and Fisher to Spurs if released?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-12, 01:19 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmengd View Post
Southwest Rumors: Fisher, Mills, Jackson: Hoops Rumors

take as you will Mills to Houston and Fisher to Spurs if released?

Fisher will not report to Houston. His contract will be bought out according to several televised reports tonight.

This is what ESPN wrote earlier, but the story has obviously developed...

"I haven't seen Derek yet," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said. "I have not talked to him."

"Not with team" was written next to Fisher's name on the Rockets' roster signed by McHale, who did not know what the team's plans were for Fisher.

"That's not in my job description," McHale said. "He's not here. If he was here he'd play. He's not here. I haven't seen him yet."

Fisher would normally have 48 hours to report to Houston for a physical for the trade to be completed, however the Lakers and Rockets mutually agreed to extend that deadline to 72 hours, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

The Rockets are expected to buy out the $3.4 million player option for next season that is remaining on Fisher's contract with the Lakers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-12, 01:49 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

More..

Neither of the players Houston acquired at the trade deadline were in uniform. Marcus Camby was on the inactive list because the other players he was traded to Portland for -- Jonny Flynn and Hasheem Thabeet -- hadn't joined the Trail Blazers yet.

The Rockets are expected to buy out the $3.4 million player option for next season that is remaining on Derek Fisher's contract with the Lakers. Fisher played in 537 consecutive games prior to the trade.

Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers - Recap - March 17, 2012 - ESPN
Old 03-18-12, 02:04 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

LOS ANGELES—On Friday, Lakers star Kobe Bryant said he had contacted longtime teammate Derek Fisher about the trade that sent him from the Lakers to the Rockets. Bryant acknowledged that the conversation was emotional, by his standards, saying, “We just talked about the good times and what a fun time it was to go to battle together and things like that, but that’s about as sentimental as I’m going to get.”

Rockets coach Kevin McHale probably would have liked it if Bryant had forwarded the call to him when it was over. Two days after the Rockets and Lakers completed the deal, Fisher still has not reported to the team, even though Houston is here at the Staples Center to play the Clippers. Fisher could seek to get a buyout from the Rockets rather than report to a team that is fighting to get into the playoffs.

Rockets still waiting on Derek Fisher - NBA - Sporting News
Old 03-18-12, 02:09 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

so was he crying?

BE A MAN FISHER!!! GO JOIN THE ROCKETS!!!

And this guy was representing the players union???? SMH

Old 03-18-12, 02:29 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

This is the same guy who had the longest active game streak in the NBA... AND the Rockets were in L.A. to play the Clippers... And yet he refused to show up. Tells you just how bad he wants to be bought out. Maybe he's instructed his agent to take any deal no matter how small to let him go.

I would not be surprised to see him end up back with the Lakers.
Old 03-18-12, 02:36 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

According to someone here on the board, the new CBA says they can't do that. So he can't go back to the Lakers.

Old 03-18-12, 02:37 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

This was a BIG win for Dallas against SA... Here is why

Dwain Price, the writer for the Dallas newspaper who covers the Mavs tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DwainPrice

"Remember this: Mavs 106, Spurs 99. #Spurs had a full roster, while #Mavs were without Delonte West, Brendan Haywood and Shawn"

Thoughts?
Old 03-18-12, 09:58 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Dwain Price, the writer for the Dallas newspaper who covers the Mavs tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DwainPrice

"Remember this: Mavs 106, Spurs 99. #Spurs had a full roster, while #Mavs were without Delonte West, Brendan Haywood and Shawn"

Thoughts?
I remember if Danny Green had one more tenth of a second they would have beat the Mavs last time in Dallas with a bunch of scrubs on the floor against the Dallas starters. SJax just joined the team after not playing forever and they had no true backup point guard except a very young Joseph. Full roster? The Spurs have a D leaguer on their roster right now. Saying the Spurs had a full roster is a joke. Wait till they PRACTICE and get SJax in the flow. Patty Mills has range TJ Ford did not have . And MAYBE Diaw or Turiaf or even both of them in the mix too. Dwain Price you don't know JACK!
Old 03-18-12, 10:19 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Second night of a b2b. Nothing else to say.
Old 03-18-12, 10:52 AM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

What is it with these Lakers that get traded? They just don't want to work. First Odem and now Fisher.
Old 03-18-12, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek View Post
So is that an excuse for losing a playoff game on the 2nd night of a b2b? I don't think so. And I believe I heard that there would be b2b's in the playoffs this season.
Old 03-18-12, 11:57 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneAg54 View Post
So is that an excuse for losing a playoff game on the 2nd night of a b2b? I don't think so. And I believe I heard that there would be b2b's in the playoffs this season.
It's not an excuse, it's a fact of life. Spurs have a tough time winning on the second night of a b2b. And that's something we're going to have to overcome in the playoffs.
Old 03-18-12, 02:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
It's not an excuse, it's a fact of life. Spurs have a tough time winning on the second night of a b2b. And that's something we're going to have to overcome in the playoffs.
Every team struggles on the second night of a back to back, but that won't be much of an excuse in the playoffs because it will be an even playing field.
Old 03-18-12, 02:35 PM

Quote:
i agree with this. 2nd night of a back to back, teams always play on fumes (that's why i think teams usually win the 3rd of a back to back to back because the 2nd game was a practice mode for them).

if you take anything out of the game, we were flat the whole game and they still couldn't blow us out. i'll take that as a moral victory, Rz!
Old 03-18-12, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I believe the Spurs are 4th in the league this year as far as win pct on back2back.

We also just beat the Thunder and they were on a B2B. Good win just realize they work in our favor too but we seem to always think we are better then that team.
Old 03-18-12, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
According to someone here on the board, the new CBA says they can't do that. So he can't go back to the Lakers.

A new rule in the collective bargaining agreement doesn’t allow him to get bought out after a trade and re-sign with the Lakers this season. Fisher had a $3.4 million player option on his 2012-13 contract.