News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-16-12, 02:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Derek Fisher anyone?

Rockets Intend To Buy Out Derek Fisher: Hoops Rumors

Would he be a good backup for remainder of season?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-16-12, 02:32 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

sign him up. perfect fit. vet, jst bring the ball up and be smart. hit fadeaway shots with 0.4 left on the clock.

he'll prob go back to the lakers... but apparently thats not allowed anymore

so im guessing he'll retire.

or perhaps play w/ the clippers. that would be awesomely nutso. haha
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-16-12, 02:33 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Wouldn't he just return to the Lakers?

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 03-16-12, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
Wouldn't he just return to the Lakers?
katyspursfan said that he can't go back to his former team, per new CBA (dunno much about it myself).

but seriously, Derek Fisher? this thread is like raw meat to a bunch of hungry zombies.

i pity you
Old 03-16-12, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Maybe he's mad at the Lakers FO and what better way to get back at them than joining the Spurs. Gotta say though, I still hate the guy, but damn we could use a packup PG.
Old 03-16-12, 02:49 PM
Herman Cain of the board

The Spurs timekeeper would love to have him here........lol
Old 03-16-12, 02:55 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

OOOOOHHHH HELL NOOOOO!!!

Old 03-16-12, 03:00 PM
Dead Man Walking

I'm morally obligated to say no. Theres better back up PGs out there
Old 03-16-12, 03:43 PM
SR Team Goof

He's cried once too often for me. Like Big Bob said above, there are better backup PGs out there who are hungrier and cheaper too. Pass.
Old 03-16-12, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
He's cried once too often for me. Like Big Bob said above, there are better backup PGs out there who are hungrier and cheaper too. Pass.

:applause
Old 03-16-12, 04:09 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

:applause
:drummer

Old 03-16-12, 05:00 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I say no. Just not right in any way. I'd rather have had Karl Malone.
Old 03-16-12, 05:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Rockets still have to to come to terms with the guy.

They still need someone to help Dragic until Lowry returns. And they only have a sliver over $30M on the books next year, WITH Fish's $3.4M Player option). Rockets' needs may not allow a buyout.

Bigger picture needs to be sorted out before Spurs get involved.
Old 03-16-12, 05:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Video is too short, I wanted to see more tears.
Old 03-16-12, 06:11 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I say no. Just not right in any way. I'd rather have had Karl Malone.

Old 03-16-12, 06:36 PM

^^^ I'm not saying I WANTED Karl Malone. I'm using that as a comparison to illustrate the level of disgust that would be involved.
Old 03-16-12, 06:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I would take a flyer on the guy.
Old 03-16-12, 06:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

soon as he comes you guys will all love him.
Old 03-16-12, 06:44 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayofsunshine View Post

You get 2 slaps.

:drummer

Old 03-16-12, 06:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Those not wanting Fisher because they still are angry about his .4 shot. Get over it.

He would be a great veteran leader who could hit an open 3.

Having said that though, he'll end up with the Heat.
Old 03-16-12, 07:08 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayofsunshine View Post
Not in this lifetime. he's the symbol of all things evil and rotten
Old 03-16-12, 08:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I would trust Fish to hit a clutch shot still..... But on D, he cannot stay in front of anyone. No Thx.
Old 03-16-12, 09:52 PM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Quote:
but seriously, Derek Fisher? this thread is like raw meat to a bunch of hungry zombies.
I'd rather have my 97 yr. old grandmother play for the Spurs than have Derek Fisher and she's dead.

obligatory Lakers suck zombie brains
Old 03-16-12, 10:37 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWest View Post
I'd rather have my 97 yr. old grandmother play for the Spurs than have Derek Fisher and she's dead.

obligatory Lakers suck zombie brains

Old 03-16-12, 10:38 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Fisher looks way better then Anthony Carter
Old 03-17-12, 12:05 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Hopefully the Blazers release Patrick Mills. Young, super quick and is already coached by Spurs Assistant Brett Brown as part of the Australian team.
Would be able to continue the speed that Tony brings.
Old 03-17-12, 01:59 PM
The Amazing!

Fisher has been done as a player for the last 2-3 seasons. Waaaay waaaay past his expiration date.
Old 03-18-12, 12:47 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Fisher WILL NOT report to Houston. His contract is about to be bought out.
Old 03-18-12, 03:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Hopefully the Blazers release Patrick Mills. Young, super quick and is already coached by Spurs Assistant Brett Brown as part of the Australian team.
Would be able to continue the speed that Tony brings.
Good call!
Old 03-19-12, 09:54 AM

That's just the thing. We're not talking about even taking on an older, slower guy who can still shoot the rock lights out. He is shooting 32% from three this year. And he's never been an actual point guard. He's been a guy with decent handles, great shot, tremendous tough/physical defender, who is able to survive as a PG because Kobe and the triangle created the offense and his job was just to play defense and shoot.

He was too slow to guard parker in 2003. He's not a playmaker. He's not a great shooter anymore. So why is he better than Gary Neal?

Derek Fisher came to this earth to chew bubblegum, play defense, and hit three's. He's all out of defense and threes.
Old 03-19-12, 10:36 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
That's just the thing. We're not talking about even taking on an older, slower guy who can still shoot the rock lights out. He is shooting 32% from three this year. And he's never been an actual point guard. He's been a guy with decent handles, great shot, tremendous tough/physical defender, who is able to survive as a PG because Kobe and the triangle created the offense and his job was just to play defense and shoot.

He was too slow to guard parker in 2003. He's not a playmaker. He's not a great shooter anymore. So why is he better than Gary Neal?

Derek Fisher came to this earth to chew bubblegum, play defense, and hit three's. He's all out of defense and threes.
Couldn't have said it better myself...Gary Neal can do a better job. Derek is a clutch shooter but he is not much of a play maker and this year he is not even much of a shooter so why would be someone we would want at all? Aside from that I cannot bare to look at him night after night... every time I see his face I hear the .04 shot and its to painful. lol. No but seriously - we are going in the wrong direction with age here - we need young talented kids, enough with the geriatric clinic.
Old 03-19-12, 01:56 PM
The Amazing!

Quote:

Word. :applause
Old 03-19-12, 02:05 PM

the Lakers played an 8 man rotation with Fisher playing around 25mpg. they weren't doing terrible, but Fisher isn't a key player anymore. on a bench, he'd be more than serviceable. LA had no young guys either that could make the offense easier for Fisher or the defense (other than Bynum, the guy got no help in the paint). no idea why i changed my mind on him, but he'd be a decent player next to the young guys we already have and next to a guy like Stephen Jackson, that'd be a heck of a rugged team on the court with him.
Old 03-19-12, 02:21 PM
The Amazing!

That is true we would be a tougher team and that is something I felt like the Spurs might have been lacking the last few seasons but I just don't know if he would be worth it. Ahh guess they can flip a coin...
Old 03-20-12, 07:43 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes, i'm not happy about 0.4 either and I screamed myself to sleep the night it happened...but there's something to say about his veteran leadership. I'm not saying the Spurs don't have any...but another proven champion in the locker room can't hurt. It's kind of like adding Ray Lewis to your defense - he's a step or two, or three slower, but the voice in the locker room is an intangible quality you don't find everyday.
Old 03-20-12, 03:52 PM

Glad to hear the FO wasn't interested.