News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-12, 03:01 PM
Mr.MULLETINO's Avatar
2012 Eastern Conference Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Round Rock TX
Posts: 3,253
Tony Parker: 'Spurs are very interested in Boris Diaw'

I've never heard of Sportando, so take it for what it's worth.

Tony Parker: 'Spurs are very interested in Boris Diaw'
The French PG said that he would love to have Diaw in San Antonio

Boris Diaw, via Radio Monte Carlo said that he would love to have Boris Diaw in San Antonio. Diaw is on his way to leave Charlotte Bobcats and New York is interested in him as well. 'He is in great shape. I am the first to make fun of him when he gains weight, but this is not the case. We are very interested in him, but New York is interested as well' said Parker.


Tony Parker: 'Spurs are very interested in Boris Diaw' | NBA | USA | Sportando

Here's a french link
http://www.sport24.com/basket/nba/fi...er-diaw-541344
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-12, 03:06 PM
Guille's Avatar
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,313

meh... until something happens
__________________
My blog about series
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-12, 03:29 PM
spurduncan21's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: America
Posts: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
meh... until something happens
Exactly
__________________
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising in every time we fall”

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-12, 04:21 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

yes Tony! we need Diaw
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-12, 04:29 PM
Big-POST-Bob's Avatar
Dead Man Walking
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,054

I'd rather sign a legit backup point guard, even though diaw did fill in for an injured Nash decently
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-12, 05:08 PM
SleepyAdamII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,922

Parker lobbying through foreign media ; not typical spurs front office behavior. Don't see it happening
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-12, 06:02 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

the article says "Spurs interested", but the article says "Parker wants him in SA". by Spurs, they mean Tony.

they asked him if he'd want Diaw there. Diaw's talented and versatile, of course he's gonna say yes. i don't think he's trying to pull anything behind the scenes with Pop (unless Pop is having him lobby for Diaw, which is entirely possible because Pop himself has gone to meet with players).

we were interested in Maggette, we were interested in other guys. i would say it wouldn't be happening if Parker said we're trying to get him, as opposed to we're interested in him.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-12, 06:22 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
the article says "Spurs interested", but the article says "Parker wants him in SA". by Spurs, they mean Tony.

they asked him if he'd want Diaw there. Diaw's talented and versatile, of course he's gonna say yes. i don't think he's trying to pull anything behind the scenes with Pop (unless Pop is having him lobby for Diaw, which is entirely possible because Pop himself has gone to meet with players).

we were interested in Maggette, we were interested in other guys. i would say it wouldn't be happening if Parker said we're trying to get him, as opposed to we're interested in him.
Does Diaw have a choice in the matter? It seems he would rather play with his fellow countryman and be an essential piece of a team that has a shot at contending rather than going to the Knicks which are in disarray right now. He's already seen his share of disarray. ...And how does Tony know that the Knicks are interested? Maybe he meant the Nets.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 03-13-12 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Additional thought
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-12, 06:48 PM
MichaelWi101's Avatar
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 2,547

Since Diaw is under contract could it be considered tampering if Pop (or any of the Spurs FO) were to actually say they were interested in Diaw?
__________________
Since you can't fix stupid, at least you should be able to prosecute it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-12, 07:50 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
Since Diaw is under contract could it be considered tampering if Pop (or any of the Spurs FO) were to actually say they were interested in Diaw?
I don't think Tony Parker can get any recourse for what he said because he is not really a Spurs employee. Pop or RC that's way different. Players have contracts to play for NBA teams so in a way they are more like contractors versus team employees and by Tony saying that about Diaw is more in the lines of hearsay. The Spurs can deny everything even if true. Holt, Jacque Vaughn, Sean Marks for example can't even comment on it at all in any form. If someone asked Pop hey would you take Dwight Howard and he said heck no for a response..........it still counts even if it's not a positive answer. He would be fined. Of course he would!..........lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-13-12, 08:06 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I don't think Tony Parker can get any recourse for what he said because he is not really a Spurs employee. Pop or RC that's way different. Players have contracts to play for NBA teams so in a way they are more like contractors versus team employees and by Tony saying that about Diaw is more in the lines of hearsay. The Spurs can deny everything even if true. Holt, Jacque Vaughn, Sean Marks for example can't even comment on it at all in any form. If someone asked Pop hey would you take Dwight Howard and he said heck no for a response..........it still counts even if it's not a positive answer. He would be fined. Of course he would!..........lol
I'd expect Pop's response to a question like that to be...Why? Are you giving him to me?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-13-12, 08:11 PM
spursfan9's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,490

spurs are intereted
tony is interested
fans may be interested

but the player himself prob aint. NYC baby. linsanity. big apple. bright lights. diversity. french restaurants. melo. stat. coach that likes to play ball, everyone gets to run around and do what they do... no rules. just right. sign him up!

hehe.

diaw would be perfect. someone off the bench that can play C, PF, SF.
heres the problem. even if we get diaw, whats the chance that pop lets him play? he'll get what, 5 minutes a game? even if he's looking realy good/promising?

so if im diaw, do i wanna go start/play minutes in NYC, or go sit on the bench while watching JOKERSON play 30 minutes/game getting 1 point, 1 rebound, 369 turnovers, posterized 4 times, standing around aimlessly, etc.... while he just has to watch on the bench w/ tiago.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-13-12, 08:11 PM
SleepyAdamII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,922

I don't see what exactly Diaw Brings that we're in dire need of. If he were the same player from 5 or 6 years ago, I would understand, but even if they guy is in shape... he's not as versatile as he used to be. I don't see him doing anything Blair or Bonner doesn't already give this team. I still think our priority (realistically) is a point guard.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-13-12, 08:23 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
I don't see what exactly Diaw Brings that we're in dire need of. If he were the same player from 5 or 6 years ago, I would understand, but even if they guy is in shape... he's not as versatile as he used to be. I don't see him doing anything Blair or Bonner doesn't already give this team. I still think our priority (realistically) is a point guard.
Because he is versatile and a good passer. Look at RJ's play it sucks period!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-13-12, 08:42 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
I don't see what exactly Diaw Brings that we're in dire need of. If he were the same player from 5 or 6 years ago, I would understand, but even if they guy is in shape... he's not as versatile as he used to be. I don't see him doing anything Blair or Bonner doesn't already give this team. I still think our priority (realistically) is a point guard.
he's still versatile. he can still take guys to the whole, back down smaller guys, pass, etc.

the problem is the team's he's been in after the 2005-2006 season. once Amare he came, he didn't have the same role he flourished in. he then got traded and kept going in the wrong direction (in regards to the teams he's been on compared to the type of team he had with the Suns). he'd be way better defensively than Blair. the only thing Blair's been giving us is his inside scoring which Diaw can do. Boris can pass better and run the floor better. he can't replace what Bonner gives us, but he certainly can match what Blair gives us (rebounds will be counted as null because, as with the Wizards game as an example, the guy puts up lazy shots and gets rebounds from his easy misses or gets the rebounds from his blocked shots which inflate his stats).
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-13-12, 09:04 PM
SleepyAdamII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,922

I still don't see where he's going to fit and who gets squeezed out of minutes. Also I don't see what exactly he provides that we need... I think Blair may still be a better option. Blair, Splitter, Bonner, or Leonard...who has to take the dive for a somewhat talented role player?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-13-12, 09:58 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

The lure of NY is he'd be back with his old coach and Stoudemire.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-13-12, 10:04 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
spurs are intereted
tony is interested
fans may be interested

but the player himself prob aint. NYC baby. linsanity. big apple. bright lights. diversity. french restaurants. melo. stat. coach that likes to play ball, everyone gets to run around and do what they do... no rules. just right. sign him up!

hehe.

diaw would be perfect. someone off the bench that can play C, PF, SF.
heres the problem. even if we get diaw, whats the chance that pop lets him play? he'll get what, 5 minutes a game? even if he's looking realy good/promising?

so if im diaw, do i wanna go start/play minutes in NYC, or go sit on the bench while watching JOKERSON play 30 minutes/game getting 1 point, 1 rebound, 369 turnovers, posterized 4 times, standing around aimlessly, etc.... while he just has to watch on the bench w/ tiago.
Diaw was TP's best man at his wedding. You don't think that these players value friendship? That's the only reason LeBron and Bosh joined Wade in Miami because they are tight. I think winning was a distant second. RJ will not get lots of PT if Diaw is here. Unless the guy has a low basketball IQ like former spur Drew Gooden..........he will play minutes here. Back to your NYC idea......there is only one basketball on the court. Won't be as attractive as it may sound. They might miss the playoffs too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-12, 06:23 PM
katyspursfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
The lure of NY is he'd be back with his old coach and Stoudemire.
Or, at least, Stoudemire.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-12, 08:43 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

Yep, so much for that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-15-12, 03:53 AM
Guapo's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,268

Parker is playing very relaxed and happy because he knows he and his buddy Diaw will soon be playing playoff basketball is San Antonio together!

:-)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-15-12, 03:32 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,911

Diaw did not get moved. So a buyout is coming. And Mike D is gone from NY. So stay tuned............
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-15-12, 03:39 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Diaw did not get moved. So a buyout is coming. And Mike D is gone from NY. So stay tuned............
Is there a deadline for buyouts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-15-12, 03:42 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Is there a deadline for buyouts?
to be able to play in the playoffs yes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-15-12, 03:52 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,697

I'm guessing that a buy out would be about 1/3 of his annual salary since 2/3's of the season is over which if I recall means he's owed about $3 mil. Then I would imagine the Bobcats would chip in some as they are saving at least some portion of $3 mil.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-15-12, 04:01 PM
dark21horse's Avatar
Delusional Manu Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,887

Let me see if I can go 2 for 2:

Boris Diaw to the Spurs..........Aint gonna happen!
__________________
Hibbert, who worked out with Duncan in San Antonio during the lockout, said he has grown close to the perennial All-Star. On Friday, he texted Duncan and asked how he should guard him.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-15-12, 04:05 PM
Longley1974's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
Let me see if I can go 2 for 2:

Boris Diaw to the Spurs..........Aint gonna happen!
Wouldn't that be 1 for 2 or are you hoping to be wrong?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-15-12, 04:07 PM
dark21horse's Avatar
Delusional Manu Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longley1974 View Post
Wouldn't that be 1 for 2 or are you hoping to be wrong?

I am hoping to be wrong. I would welcome Diaw to the Spurs.
__________________
Hibbert, who worked out with Duncan in San Antonio during the lockout, said he has grown close to the perennial All-Star. On Friday, he texted Duncan and asked how he should guard him.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-15-12, 04:07 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

Make it happen!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-15-12, 06:24 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,697

I doubt that this would be the only buy out the Spurs would go after. Having acquired Jackson, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Kaman instead.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-15-12, 06:34 PM
katyspursfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I doubt that this would be the only buy out the Spurs would go after. Having acquired Jackson, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Kaman instead.
The trade deadline has passed.
The league is not going to pay Kaman to go away. He is already going to go away. Kaman is off the books in July.
If nothing else, he could be used in a sign/trade to dump a year of someone else's contract.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-15-12, 06:53 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I doubt that this would be the only buy out the Spurs would go after. Having acquired Jackson, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Kaman instead.
Diaw fits Jackson's game better than Kaman if we're going that route
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0