News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-12-12, 02:54 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Danny Green broke Chris Paul's Nose

Chris Paul warmed up for Sunday's game against Golden State with a very familiar accessory. A Kobe mask. Paul was hit in the face during the first quarter of Friday's game against San Antonio.

A Clippers spokesman said that Paul received an X-ray on Saturday and it revealed that Paul had sustained a nasal fracture. He added that Paul will be wearing the mask for a few weeks. Paul apparently sustained the injury in the first half when he was elbowed by Spurs swingman Danny Green.

"It's annoying and he plays point guard, so I don't know how he's going to do it," said Kenyon Martin, who has needed to wear a mask before. "Trust me, I don't know how he's going to go out there and manuever with that thing on".

Chris Paul suffers nasal fracture, will wear a protective mask - latimes.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-12, 08:01 AM
SR Team Goof

Martin Lawrence would say “No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life”.

The Marine motto is “improvise, adapt and overcome”.

Bruce Bowen might say “Pay back is a bit#h".

I say “Heartbreak hotel, you probably stuck your nose where it shouldn’t have been, move on”.
Old 03-12-12, 10:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Kobe mask? It should be a Hamilton mask.
Old 03-12-12, 10:53 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Awesome. A notch in the belt for Danny.

Bruce would be proud.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-12, 10:57 AM
Herman Cain of the board

That's what he gets for stealing from a downtown San Antonio restaurant. Karma is a B*TCH Chris! lol
Old 03-12-12, 10:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

ditto on the mask thing, Choppsboy.
Old 03-12-12, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Awesome. A notch in the belt for Danny.

Bruce would be proud.
Forgive me, but that's real nice to say especially after what Baron Davis did to TJ forcing him to retire. That's unlike anythin the spurs organization would endorse. Such conversation is pure classlessness.

- Confucius
Old 03-12-12, 03:20 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

Dang Bruce!! Be careful out there! I'm sorry, I meant Danny.
Old 03-12-12, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Forgive me, but that's real nice to say especially after what Baron Davis did to TJ forcing him to retire. That's unlike anythin the spurs organization would endorse. Such conversation is pure classlessness.
i'll agree on this. everyone gets on a player's case (whether intentional or not) when they hurt our guys (TJ, Manu's broken nose, etc) yet it's ok when our guys do it? that just isn't right.

the people who encourage or laugh at this are probably the same people who got upset that Duncan got cheered when he got his ankle hurt in Seattle during the 2005 playoffs. when people say "karma is a b*tch", remember that it could come back to us when we're laughing at other people's misfortunes.
Old 03-12-12, 04:01 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i'll agree on this. everyone gets on a player's case (whether intentional or not) when they hurt our guys (TJ, Manu's broken nose, etc) yet it's ok when our guys do it? that just isn't right.

the people who encourage or laugh at this are probably the same people who got upset that Duncan got cheered when he got his ankle hurt in Seattle during the 2005 playoffs. when people say "karma is a b*tch", remember that it could come back to us when we're laughing at other people's misfortunes.
First off the Duncan thing in Seattle was wrong 1000% wrong. Tim Duncan did nothing to deserve that. I'm sorry dude....... Only scumbag people do this crap in what Paul did! Talking down to people like they are dog waste and not paying for stuff when you are a multi million dollar douche is wrong. I'm not a fan of his behavior that he showed here in S.A. I know he got into it with Peter Holt during the lockout but this was pure garbage by him. Green's foul was unintentional no doubt but his broken nose brings me no tears at all. If you want to defend a piece of sub-human filth like this go ahead Jose. Please read.......

Did NBA Clippers Chris Paul steal from a San - Road Runner

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 03-12-12 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-12-12, 04:37 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I didn't see the game and didn't realize what others are saying that Green's foul was intentional. That was my beef with Baron Davis, not the result. And so on the same level I don't fault Danny for playing tough defense. But what Baron did wasn't tough defense. And I don't scream when our players get hurt when it's just tough defense, as opposed to shoves or takedowns.
Old 03-12-12, 04:48 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I didn't see the game and didn't realize what others are saying that Green's foul was intentional. That was my beef with Baron Davis, not the result. And so on the same level I don't fault Danny for playing tough defense. But what Baron did wasn't tough defense. And I don't scream when our players get hurt when it's just tough defense, as opposed to shoves or takedowns.
I'm sorry meant to put it was not. He had his arm extended and got caught up on the screen and hit Paul's nose. Not a dirty play at all. I watched the game live. Sorry I said it was intentional it was a human mistake. Not what I meant to type. I went back and corrected it.
Old 03-12-12, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
First off the Duncan thing in Seattle was wrong 1000% wrong. Tim Duncan did nothing to deserve that. I'm sorry dude....... Only scumbag people do this crap in what Paul did! Talking down to people like they are dog waste and not paying for stuff when you are a multi million dollar douche is wrong. I'm not a fan of his behavior that he showed here in S.A. I know he got into it with Peter Holt during the lockout but this was pure garbage by him. Green's foul was unintentional no doubt but his broken nose brings me no tears at all. If you want to defend a piece of sub-human filth like this go ahead Jose. Please read.......

Did NBA Clippers Chris Paul steal from a San - Road Runner
that's just me, i don't think just because a millionaire who steals money deserves to have anything physically done to him. if Green did it intentionally, would it justify a scrub taking Green out since it was a dirty move? as a Spurs fan, you're probably gonna say all the Spurs are model citizens? i love Bruce and Horry, but they weren't saints at all. i was always waiting for the moment when someone would try to take them out.

i'll admit Chris Paul may be a crybaby or a douche, but i don't believe the guy deserves any physical harm for the stuff he's done. now if he punted a 6 month old baby, then we can talk, but most of his actions of flopping (i.e. Ginobili?) or crying about fouls (i.e. Duncan?) or stealing food (stuff that doesn't harm anyone physically) doesn't deserve a hit, let alone a broken nose.
Old 03-12-12, 05:48 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
that's just me, i don't think just because a millionaire who steals money deserves to have anything physically done to him. if Green did it intentionally, would it justify a scrub taking Green out since it was a dirty move? as a Spurs fan, you're probably gonna say all the Spurs are model citizens? i love Bruce and Horry, but they weren't saints at all. i was always waiting for the moment when someone would try to take them out.

i'll admit Chris Paul may be a crybaby or a douche, but i don't believe the guy deserves any physical harm for the stuff he's done. now if he punted a 6 month old baby, then we can talk, but most of his actions of flopping (i.e. Ginobili?) or crying about fouls (i.e. Duncan?) or stealing food (stuff that doesn't harm anyone physically) doesn't deserve a hit, let alone a broken nose.
I never said he deserved a broken nose by a punching fist or anything like that just that I did not feel sorry for him when it was confirmed broken. Green did not mean any harm at all. No I'm not a spurs are all saints type of fan. Bowen was dirty at times and Horry punched David Robinson in the nuts on purpose back in the early 2000s before he became a spur. I like Chris Paul the player not the person. Karma works in different ways. He got his. I'm happy justice was served by accident!
Old 03-12-12, 07:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

People should just leave off the talk of well done Danny because he doesn't want to get a rep, especially as he did nothing wrong as the overly eager screen caused the clash.