News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-05-12, 02:22 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

A little nugget about the Denver game

It appeared to me by their body language and than play that the Spurs had a subcontious let down last night.

Perhaps, since it was the first game in who knows how long they had their entire team playing they mentally relaxed.
Old 03-05-12, 02:38 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I think they were out of rhythm/overloaded mentally with trying to re-integrate Manu and TJ.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-05-12, 03:20 PM

i don't think they looked very excited to play. Blair's injury may be a cause of that, but they all came out flat.

i think it's also the fact James Anderson hasn't been in the rotation now we're plugging him by force for a trade and he's ruining our chemistry. i mean, James Anderson was in BEFORE Ginobili last game to backup Green. if that doesn't mess up some rhythm, dunno what does.
Old 03-05-12, 03:45 PM
The Master Baiter

It was a mental let down. The Nuggets were undermanned and had no business winning.

And I agree that getting guys back into the rotation caused some problems. The thing that I saw happening was even Tony deferring to Manu. This is Tony's team now. They need to keep playing the way they were playing, and work Manu in as a complementary piece. That will also hopefully lessen the chance that Manu get's injured again.

Last edited by Uwe Blab; 03-05-12 at 03:50 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-05-12, 04:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
And I agree that getting guys back into the rotation caused some problems. The thing that I saw happening was even Tony deferring to Manu. This is Tony's team now. They need to keep playing the way they were playing, and work Manu in as a complementary piece. That will also hopefully lessen the chance that Manu get's injured again.
Then there's no excuse for Tony playing poorly from the start especially since Manu came off the bench anyway. Besides Manu barely did anything in the game and only took five shots throughout the game. The other players took more.
Old 03-05-12, 05:07 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmgospurs View Post
Then there's no excuse for Tony playing poorly from the start especially since Manu came off the bench anyway. Besides Manu barely did anything in the game and only took five shots throughout the game. The other players took more.
It doesn't matter how they started. They all started off bad. It doesn't even matter how many shots he took. When Manu is in the game, they let him handle the ball and run things. For the sake of keeping the team in a groove, and Manu's health, they need to let Tony run things. It's worked so far. You can still play Manu 25 minutes a game, and you can even let him finish the game. But this team isn't successful right now because of Manu. It's because Tony was the focal point and everyone fed off of him.
Old 03-05-12, 06:13 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

unlike most other teams, spurs losses aren't really true losses.

somtimes its due to fatigue from back2back,
sometimes its rustiness such as after allstar weekend.
sometimes its b/c of injury, or change in lineup that causes it so it doesn't really count as players are getting acclimated.
sometimes its because it was a away game and the other teams crowd was an issue.
and is it just me or sometimes the team that they play sux, so its just kinda mental where they let their gaurd down cause its just a crappy team.

i dont think there are any real losses yet this season.
and the ones that seem like it, we kinda know its all CIA pop. its not like we lost, it was just setup that way. its all about the big pictures. chippin away at that stone.
Old 03-05-12, 08:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post

sometimes its b/c of injury, or change in lineup that causes it so it doesn't really count as players are getting acclimated.
sometimes its because it was a away game and the other teams crowd was an issue.
and is it just me or sometimes the team that they play sux, so its just kinda mental where they let their gaurd down cause its just a crappy team.

and the ones that seem like it, we kinda know its all CIA pop. its not like we lost, it was just setup that way. its all about the big pictures. chippin away at that stone.
My gut agrees with you.

My brain says that other team's fans feel the exact same way.
Old 03-05-12, 08:02 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I agree if Blair had not been injured at the start this would have been a different game.

Blair has had some great games against the Nuggets. Like career best type games.
Old 03-06-12, 02:51 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Wasn't Timmy suffering flu-like symptoms? I had the flu last month and it was tough to deal with it, and playing basketball for me was not possible. Still, if Timmy makes those two fts late, that could have been another game that the Spurs reeled back in for a win. Alas, give denver credit for winning a game. Still, two out of three ain't bad.. Go Spurs Go..
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 03-06-12, 06:08 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post

Is there an Excused Loss column in the standings? If so, I missed it. Do Excused Losses count less than a Real Loss?

A loss is a loss. A win is a win. For every one of the Excused Losses, you could probably find a Lucky Win.
And yet, only one Win column and a single Loss column are listed in the standings.

If your post was made in sarcasm, I apologize for missing it.
Old 03-06-12, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
Wasn't Timmy suffering flu-like symptoms? I had the flu last month and it was tough to deal with it, and playing basketball for me was not possible. Still, if Timmy makes those two fts late, that could have been another game that the Spurs reeled back in for a win. Alas, give denver credit for winning a game. Still, two out of three ain't bad.. Go Spurs Go..
He was suffering from flu-like symptoms, you're right. So that was a factor.
Old 03-06-12, 02:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Is there an Excused Loss column in the standings? If so, I missed it. Do Excused Losses count less than a Real Loss?

A loss is a loss. A win is a win. For every one of the Excused Losses, you could probably find a Lucky Win.
And yet, only one Win column and a single Loss column are listed in the standings.

If your post was made in sarcasm, I apologize for missing it.
*IF* it's made in sarcasm?

Are you even half serious or your post was also made in sarcasm?

I reckon it's made in plastic.
Old 03-07-12, 10:08 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

It appeared to me by their body language and their play that the Knicks had a subconcious let down tonight.

Perhaps, they were lintally linlaxed.

they were missing that inside tyson chandler presence too. dont know if we woulda have been drivin the lane all night long

Last edited by spursfan9; 03-07-12 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 10:38 PM

Them not having Tyson Chandler tonight was big. It surely wouldn't have been a blowout with him inside.