News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-10-12, 02:24 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Official Spurs at Bucks Game Thread

Spurs-Bucks Preview

By NOEY KUPCHAN
STATS Writer
(AP) -- Playing at home versus on the road has made the all difference for both the first-place San Antonio Spurs and scuffling Milwaukee Bucks.
The Southwest Division-leading Spurs seek a fifth consecutive victory over a Bucks team looking forward to returning home Tuesday night following a disappointing five-game trek.

While San Antonio (6-3) remains undefeated at home, it is still searching for its first road win after suffering a 108-96 defeat at Oklahoma City on Sunday.
The Spurs have been outscored by an average of 14.0 points during their 0-3 start on the road, where they're shooting just 40.9 percent from the field - significantly lower than their 47.7 mark at home.

Already playing without two-time All-Star Manu Ginobili (broken left hand), San Antonio received a scare when point guard Tony Parker exited Sunday's loss midway through the third quarter. Parker, though, apparently could have returned and is expected to suit up Tuesday.

"You just have to think about the next one," Parker, who ranks second in the league with a 4.92 assist-to-turnover ratio, told NBA.com. "There are so many games and you cannot worry about one loss too long. It happens. We just have to focus on the next game."

Three days after defeating last-place Minnesota 98-95, the Bucks (2-6) prevailed 102-81 over winless Washington on Dec. 30 to remain unbeaten at home.
Milwaukee's hoping to regroup at the Bradley Center after going 0-5 on its recently completed road trip.

Point guard Brandon Jennings, who leads the team with 18.1 points per game, was held to a season-low five on 2-of-7 shooting during Sunday's 109-93 loss at Phoenix.
"It's very disappointing. The fact that we go 0-5 on the west coast road trip, but the thing about it is we have more games," he said. "We have a chance to go home and try to get our record back up and try to make some noise."

"It's been tough without having everybody, just in general. Beno (Udrih) is out, Luc (Mbah a Moute), so me playing a lot of minutes, it can really get to you."
Jennings figures to be well rested following a much-needed day off, and while Mbah a Moute (right knee tendinitis) and Udrih (left shoulder strain) are both uncertain to face the Spurs, the Bucks could get a boost with former No. 1 overall pick Andrew Bogut back on the court.

Bogut, averaging 14.3 points and a team-high 10.0 rebounds, has missed the last four games dealing with personal issues in his native Australia but is expected to return Tuesday.

Milwaukee has dropped four straight matchups with San Antonio - including a 91-84 loss last Jan. 12 despite 15 points and 14 boards from Bogut. Jennings, who was sidelined that contest, has scored just 11.3 points per game on 27.7 percent shooting in three previous meetings in this series.

Though the Bucks won't have to worry about facing Ginobili, they could have their hands full with Richard Jefferson.

The veteran small forward, who spent the 2008-09 season with Milwaukee before being dealt to San Antonio, has made 20 of 31 (64.5 percent) from 3-point range in averaging 16.2 points over his last five games - 4.7 more than he scored during his first four.
The Spurs are hoping to avoid opening 0-4 on the road for the second time in three seasons.

The Bucks haven't lost six in a row since concluding their 2007-08 campaign with eight consecutive defeats.
Old 01-10-12, 02:30 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs 107
Bucks 89
Old 01-10-12, 02:35 PM

Spurs 104
Bucks 91
Old 01-10-12, 02:45 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin
San Antonio received a scare when point guard Tony Parker exited Sunday's loss midway through the third quarter. Parker, though, apparently could have returned and is expected to suit up Tuesday.
WOW I did not notice that what happened to Tony? Hope he is alright and will suit up well in this game because his game is very critical vs Brandon Jennings!!!! Get well Tony!!!!!

I am feeling this as a Spurs FIRST W on the Road happening tonight!

Spurs have rested one full day and are READY now for a ROAD WIN!

If Bogut is back it will be a close game. If Bogut is not back then Spurs will blow the Bucks at their home.

Spurs 101
Bucks 81

if Bogut is playing

Spurs 91
Bucks 88

Go Spurs Go!
Old 01-10-12, 02:52 PM

I guess Bogut will not miss the Spurs game as this is one highlight of his career...

I just read this article in the Spurs Nation

Bogut back in time for Spurs

LINK
Old 01-10-12, 03:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think Spurs shouldn't have any problem

TP > Jennings
Gary > Jax
RJ ≤ Delfino
TD >>>> Gooden, Leuer, Ersan or whoever they want to put
Blair/Tiago << Bogut (but Bogut has sand in his vagina, so I don't expect him to be a force tonight, assuming he plays)

Plus, I've a feeling Bucks are in tank mode

Spurs: 17
Bucks: 211
Old 01-10-12, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
I think Spurs shouldn't have any problem

TP > Jennings
Gary > Jax
RJ ≤ Delfino
TD >>>> Gooden, Leuer, Ersan or whoever they want to put
Blair/Tiago << Bogut (but Bogut has sand in his vagina, so I don't expect him to be a force tonight, assuming he plays)
mistake on Gary Neal being better than Stephen Jackson right? Jackson can play PG/SG/SF and even PF at times (and remember Neal is actually a PG in the SG position, while Jackson is a SF in the SG position) Delfino is loads better than RJ, not even a chance at being equal, Duncan isn't better than guys like Gooden nowadays. we can't run them out of the building, but i hope we let Jennings alone try to beat us, that'll make SJax lose interest if he doesn't have the rock the majority or half of the time.
Old 01-10-12, 03:21 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The way RJ has been playing, I wouldn't say Delfino is better. I like Delfino's hustle and savvy better than RJ, but you can't teach size and athleticism, where RJ has an edge, and so far his shooting has been lights out.

And of course Jackson is better than Gary Neal.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-12, 03:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

seriously guys, have you seen Jax playing lately? He has more TO than assists or rebounds (I didn't check but I'm pretty sure he leads the league in TO), he's shooting 32% FG and 25% 3PT, PER 7.02, his +/- is off the charts. Come on guys, I watch every Bucks game, I know what I am talking about. Yes, he might score a bit more and or get a rebound more than Gary. But that is overshadowed but everything he does wrong, while Gary is mainly positives. Anyway, I invite you to watch him tonight and see it with your own eyes. And compare how Bucks team performs with Livingston compared to Jax.

As for Delfino, he's above RJ but not THAT above this season. Thing is Delfino is 10x the defender RJ, that's the only real difference, both are pretty similar on the offensive side, and both are streaky players
Old 01-10-12, 07:22 PM

Did you all know that this as the FIRST ROAD Game for the Spurs that happened with one day off for them to rest and also is not on a back to back (although it is a first of b2b but they are coming home tomorrow) neither it is coming right after any holiday!

This is a real good test for this Spurs team strength because the distractions are much less with this one.

I expect the Spurs to come fresh and ready to rock!

Go Sours Go!
Old 01-10-12, 07:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Did you all know that this as the FIRST ROAD Game for the Spurs that happened with one day off for them to rest and also is not on a back to back (although it is a first of b2b but they are coming home tomorrow) neither it is coming right after any holiday!
Old 01-10-12, 08:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Is Speedy Claxton still in the league?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-12, 10:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

and today Jax decides to show up for the first time in the season. He did it on purpose to make me look bad. Anyway, the key was Bonner + Anderson taking 30 minutes of PT from real basketball players. DeJuan played like 10 minutes less than what he should. At a certain point, Tony and Gary were close to make a defensive play, but happily they avoided it in the last second. Phew.
Old 01-10-12, 10:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah I haven't watched it yet but it seems we didn't play to bad, just S Jax did what he does once or twice a season and just hit shots you shouldn't be able to hit and gave the rest of the roster confidence..... check that I saw S Jax's first basket and that was not a shot so with 12 of 19 dropping it made it harder.
Old 01-10-12, 11:51 PM

It looks like TJ Ford out in the middle of the game made this game impossible to win. Then Tony comes with 7 Turn Overs... Not good work Tony!! But without TJ to give TP a breather it was HUGE thing to gain the momentum!!!! Hope TJ will come back soon.....

Tony had great 22 points and 8 assists but his 7 TO made his other stats look bad....I hope to God that Pop finds a way to get Gary Neal to run the point for sometime tomorrow and rest TP more....

Bogut, Delfino, and Jennings played very well. And of course SJXn brought his A Game to Kill our Spurs. %$#[email protected]$$!

Spurs Bench is playing poor now. There is something lacking in our bench.....

Perhaps Pop can start either Splitter or Bonner and played the bench more...?

Positive things to remember:

A. Leonard is improving on both ends of the floor!!!! He played almost 33 minutes and did pretty well. Scored 19 points and 4 steals

B. Spurs shot Great at first half. They needed to adjust their second half approach and somehow raise their Defensive intensity and score a little more.

C. Spurs defense is getting better. Still they have ways to go though...

At least tomorrow the game in at HOME!!
Old 01-11-12, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
and today Jax decides to show up for the first time in the season. He did it on purpose to make me look bad. Anyway, the key was Bonner + Anderson taking 30 minutes of PT from real basketball players. DeJuan played like 10 minutes less than what he should. At a certain point, Tony and Gary were close to make a defensive play, but happily they avoided it in the last second. Phew.
San Antonio 103
Milwaukee 106

S. Jackson: 34 Pts, 1 Reb, 8 Ast

:shocked
Old 01-11-12, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
Is Speedy Claxton still in the league?
Doesn't Look like it:

Players by Name: C
Name Position Team
Jose Calderon PG Toronto Raptors
Marcus Camby C Portland Trail Blazers
Derrick Caracter PF Los Angeles Lakers
Brian Cardinal F Dallas Mavericks
Rodney Carney GF Memphis Grizzlies
DeMarre Carroll PF Denver Nuggets
Matt Carroll GF Charlotte Bobcats
Anthony Carter PG Toronto Raptors
Paul Carter F Utah Jazz
Tweety Carter PG Oklahoma City Thunder
Vince Carter SG Dallas Mavericks
Omri Casspi SF Cleveland Cavaliers
Mario Chalmers PG Miami Heat
Tyson Chandler C New York Knicks
Wilson Chandler GF Denver Nuggets
Josh Childress GF Phoenix Suns
Earl Clark F Orlando Magic
Norris Cole PG Miami Heat
Dwayne Collins F Phoenix Suns
Jarron Collins C Portland Trail Blazers
Jason Collins C Atlanta Hawks
Mardy Collins SG Washington Wizards
Sherron Collins PG Charlotte Bobcats
Darren Collison PG Indiana Pacers
Nick Collison FC Oklahoma City Thunder
Mike Conley PG Memphis Grizzlies
Brian Cook PF Los Angeles Clippers
Daequan Cook SG Oklahoma City Thunder
Marcus Cousin C Houston Rockets
DeMarcus Cousins FC Sacramento Kings
Jamal Crawford G Portland Trail Blazers
Joe Crawford GF Sacramento Kings
Jordan Crawford G Washington Wizards
Javaris Crittenton G Charlotte Bobcats
Dante Cunningham PF Memphis Grizzlies
Eddy Curry C Miami Heat
JamesOn Curry G New Jersey Nets
Stephen Curry PG Golden State Warriors
Old 01-11-12, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
San Antonio 103
Milwaukee 106

S. Jackson: 34 Pts, 1 Reb, 8 Ast

:shocked
yeah, he wants to get back to Spurs
Old 01-11-12, 01:57 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
yeah, he wants to get back to Spurs
You should have seen this one coming while you made your predication.

A close one. TD did play well though.
Old 01-11-12, 03:09 AM
SpursReport Team Member

In fact, Spurs played very well on the offensive side, but not very committed to D, which led to a strange record: Teams shooting above 60% across the NBA have a 91-1 W/L record prior to tonight. Yeah, we're the "1"

Tony and Gary didn't even attempt to play D, RJ tried but Delfino abused him, TD was OK when he faced Ersan/Bogut, but against Leuer/Bogut he had nothing to do. Tiago was meh, and Leuer had fun with Bonner. DeJuan was the obvious choice to play, but well, Pop and his mysterious ways. I think the only bright spot in D (and every aspect) was Kawhi, specially in the 2nd half when he dried Delfino.

But again, a very strange game, and lots of fun, I wish all games were like this (only with SPurs winning)
Old 01-11-12, 06:38 AM
The Eternal Optimist

As Pop said earlier in the week, not having the opportunity to practice is killing them. Failure to get stops late and crucial turnovers undid them. Think Tony's bruised leg was bothering him just enough to take away a half step defensively. With Jennings it was a step too much. It and the extra minutes may have accounted for a couple of the late misses. Jennings' steal off him and TD's charge were killer too.

Hard to say someone did a good job on a guy when he gets off like Jax did, but Leonard appeared to have good defensive position most of the time. Like others said, Jax was totally unconscious. Although Sean did point out with Jax, having a hand in his face is crucial; the kind of detail practice would cure. Would agree with questioning why not more Green or Dejuan too. Something is just out of synch with Anderson's shooting. His defense wasn't the problem so much.

Let's see, one night the Spurs shoot <40% and win by 20, then a week later shoot >60% and lose. Go figure. Bench guys may not have done great, but played major minutes the end of third period and early fourth period minutes and had increased the lead. Well, at least all young guys, like rooks and second year ones, but with no glue guys (read Manu or TJ to run with them) they crumbled a bit just before Pop subbed.

Wonder how minutes get distributed tonight too. Imagine Joseph gets recalled and sees plenty of time. Guessing lots of Splitter and Blair too with Timmy playing 30 plus. Might explain lower Green and Blair minutes where Pop thought the match ups with them were much better tonight so kept some legs there. Should be interesting.
Old 01-11-12, 01:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Milwaukee has always been a pain in our side, I mean how often do we win over there? Fir some reason we seem to always lose there, and THEY WERE ALLOWED TO SHOOT SIXTY SOMETHING PERCENT
Old 01-11-12, 01:40 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Anybody who expected a win in Milwaukee hasn't looked at the Spurs' record there in recent years. It's almost always a trap game for us.
Old 01-11-12, 02:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvernblackfan View Post
Milwaukee has always been a pain in our side, I mean how often do we win over there? Fir some reason we seem to always lose there, and THEY WERE ALLOWED TO SHOOT SIXTY SOMETHING PERCENT
I get your point, but we were the ones shooting sixty percent