News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-02-12, 09:46 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Anyone noticed? Manu stats!

Ok, so Manu has launched to a very impressive start to 19.8 point per game... but that´s not the most impressive thing. He´s playing only 25 minutes a game.
When you look at his numbers per 48 minutes, he´s only trailing LeBron James.

Just Sayin!
Old 01-02-12, 10:01 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

He started off hot last year playing like an MVP so its not that much of a surprise. I want him to stay healthy going into the playoffs unlike last year.

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-12, 10:17 AM

He was healthy up until last game with a bad luck injury. Pop actually managed his minutes perfectly, and he did not get tired towards the end. The elbow thing was plain bad luck, and could´ve happened tired or fresh
Old 01-02-12, 10:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
He was healthy up until last game with a bad luck injury. Pop actually managed his minutes perfectly, and he did not get tired towards the end. The elbow thing was plain bad luck, and could´ve happened tired or fresh
Pop had managed him well last season but played him in tr last game when in retrospect he probably should not have. I bet you that if we have a good record at the end of the season, Pop will not even think twice about playing Manu or TD in the last game or two. TD injured his ankle I think the third or second to last game of the season and obvioudly wasnt himself in the PO's.

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-12, 10:58 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Manu is always right up there in PER.

I keep saying it: Manu is right up there with Kobe at his position on a per minute basis. Manu just can't play as many minutes/games as guys like Wade and Kobe.
Old 01-02-12, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Manu was slumping way before his elbow injury. i think if he didn't get hurt, he'd be turning it up a notch in the playoffs, but his regular season contribution dipped (especially when we went into a half court set with Dice mid-season).
Old 01-02-12, 12:59 PM

I agree Pop will continue monitoring Tim and Manu´s minutes and will sit their a**es if clinched. Playing them just a bit to keep them rolling.
Old 01-02-12, 01:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Since we're playing the young guys on this team than ever before, I think Pop would sit any of the BIG 3 in final game or two without question. Manu is playing with fire this year much like last year when he was our MVP most of the season

- Confucius
Old 01-02-12, 02:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope he loses his "rust" soon!
Old 01-02-12, 04:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I agree Pop will continue monitoring Tim and Manu´s minutes and will sit their a**es if clinched. Playing them just a bit to keep them rolling.
'Clinched' in a 66 games in 120 days season could mean a week. Maybe two.

This season is not a marathon. Maybe not a sprint, but a pretty fast mile.
Old 01-02-12, 04:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm worried, a thread praising Manu (or anything/anybody from Argentina ad w're at it) and Uwe Blab didn't post anything yet, is he OK?
Old 01-02-12, 09:17 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Fabio: wise beyond ur years. We should ve listened to u
[email protected]
Old 01-02-12, 09:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Good thing it won't affect him that much when he does return, but please sit out until 100%

- Confucius
Old 01-02-12, 09:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Edit: it was his shooting hand, left hand, so it is bad. Will be out most likely 4 weeks

- Confucius
Old 01-02-12, 09:47 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
I'm worried, a thread praising Manu (or anything/anybody from Argentina ad w're at it) and Uwe Blab didn't post anything yet, is he OK?
I posted in another thread about needing another dependable scorer because there is a big problem with depending so much on a guy who had trouble staying healthy.
Old 01-02-12, 09:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well you know good thing we have depth at the guard position so now we know we will most likely have a healthy Manu late in the season. I trust he won't be rushed back just for that reason

- Confucius
Old 01-03-12, 08:22 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

6 weeks...My guess
[email protected]
Old 01-03-12, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I posted in another thread about needing another dependable scorer because there is a big problem with depending so much on a guy who had trouble staying healthy.
that could be said about our Big 3 individually. the thing that we were hoping was with this offense, Manu wouldn't be getting too banged up with a running scheme. the irony: it was on defense. to be fair to Manu, you don't believe you could break your hand going for a swipe.
Old 01-04-12, 05:21 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

but lebron is built like a bull and plays all his games.
and ginobili is... well, he's a little more delicate.

but yea, ginobili got stats!