News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-11, 12:15 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

Richard Jefferson is still the key to Spurs’ success.

Richard Jefferson is still the key to Spurs’ success.
Sports - NBA

The San Antonio Spurs are off to a 2-0 start and have handled their opponents candidly.

The Spurs have surged pass their new rivals the Memphis Grizzlies and have man-handled the new look Los Angeles Clippers. The Spurs are looking sharp with a balanced attack but most notably Richard Jefferson has discovered his offense.

Jefferson has been the target of criticism from analysts and fans alike for his lack of production on the court. He was supposed to be the difference maker for this team and help them win their fifth championship—which hasn’t happened. Jefferson has looked timid and downright lost at times, particularly in the playoffs.

READ MORE AT MVPTEXAS.COM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-11, 09:13 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

doesn't really matter what I see from him during the regular season.....it's all about the playoffs. Hopefully, he can come through and play big for us, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-29-11, 10:31 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
doesn't really matter what I see from him during the regular season.....it's all about the playoffs. Hopefully, he can come through and play big for us, but I'm not holding my breath.
+1:applause
Old 12-29-11, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I agree RJ is key to our success, most people would agree. His problem is delivering when it matters.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-11, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Show me the clutch-ness in the playoffs Dick

Not 2 games into the season...

And to be honest this team( if no trades are done) Splitter & Blair might be our most important players besides the big 3
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 12-29-11, 11:50 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

I think the article mentions that RJ must prove himself in the playoffs and that the season depends on a good showing by him...why are you guys making it seem like its an article overrating two games?

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 12-29-11, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Cause we dislike RJ! ;) lol
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 12-29-11, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post
Cause we dislike RJ! ;) lol

Ooooooh ok...we wwould have thought lol

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 12-29-11, 12:42 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

I remember a certain phrase used here at the end of Steve Smith's career to describe his use to the team...."herpes of the ass"
Old 12-29-11, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Very interesting article.
Old 12-29-11, 01:00 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
I remember a certain phrase used here at the end of Steve Smith's career to describe his use to the team...."herpes of the ass"

Old 12-29-11, 01:39 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I am somewhat pleased to see RJ getting his groove back and starting to roll. This team needs EVERYONE to chip in a little because it is a very short season and there are so many b2b2b and b2b games.

Nice work RJ! I will give him some credit because he is trying to come back to his old self and I will wait on my judgement on him until the PO--of course that is IF we see him in PO folks don't forget that any time from now till the trade deadline if the Spurs FO got a SOLID offer they might deal RJ so he has a chip on his shoulder to prove it! Just sayin!

Old 12-29-11, 01:49 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I am happy as anyone to see RJ doing well, but the comments above nail it: I am officially not taking anything back that I said about him until he does this in the playoffs.
Old 12-29-11, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

People kill me with the "Wait til the playoffs and see what they do" theory!!!! It's like this...if people don't contribute in the regular season, there won't be any use worrying about the playoffs!!!
Old 12-29-11, 02:05 PM

he and the rest of the team is the key to our success. RJ has a specific attribute to his game that we need, but it's not special enough because Anderson and Leonard can provide the same type of game if they work at it and have the confidence.

look at how we are playing now and how we played at the beginning of last year: we're running. we run, RJ does well. playoffs last year? we had a set offense. RJ cannot play that. we need to tweak our offense to let RJ succeed. if we traded for him to then mold him to fit our scheme, he's not overrated, the Spurs just made an idiotic mistake. is Steve Nash good? of course. would he fit our set offense? hell no. if we traded for him, we need to run, we need to give him a chance to succeed.

RJ will suck for us if we run and he doesn't contribute because that's his game. that's the only way to measure his success in San Antonio.
Old 12-29-11, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
he and the rest of the team is the key to our success. RJ has a specific attribute to his game that we need, but it's not special enough because Anderson and Leonard can provide the same type of game if they work at it and have the confidence.

look at how we are playing now and how we played at the beginning of last year: we're running. we run, RJ does well. playoffs last year? we had a set offense. RJ cannot play that. we need to tweak our offense to let RJ succeed. if we traded for him to then mold him to fit our scheme, he's not overrated, the Spurs just made an idiotic mistake. is Steve Nash good? of course. would he fit our set offense? hell no. if we traded for him, we need to run, we need to give him a chance to succeed.

RJ will suck for us if we run and he doesn't contribute because that's his game. that's the only way to measure his success in San Antonio.
I'm not totally sold on that concept, I mean I do agree he plays better in the open court but he should be able to hit wide open three's in a half-court set...he has the stroke for it. Also crashing the boards have nothing to do with the set.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 12-29-11, 03:36 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUROFTHAMOMENT View Post
People kill me with the "Wait til the playoffs and see what they do" theory!!!! It's like this...if people don't contribute in the regular season, there won't be any use worrying about the playoffs!!!
It's all about the playoffs. When was the last time the spurs missed the playoffs...just sayin....it would take some serious injuries and bad luck to think the spurs won't be there again, that's why I state "wait till the playoffs and see what they do......"yeah, it might be a little cocky but I seriously doubt the Spurs won't make the playoffs, especially with the weekend western conference.
Old 12-29-11, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
It's all about the playoffs. When was the last time the spurs missed the playoffs...just sayin....it would take some serious injuries and bad luck to think the spurs won't be there again, that's why I state "wait till the playoffs and see what they do......"yeah, it might be a little cocky but I seriously doubt the Spurs won't make the playoffs, especially with the weekend western conference.

I think what he is saying is the regular season is a time for the players to perfect their craft...and in Jefferson's case to build confidence and for his teammates to build confidence in him...that way when the playoffs jump off it will be less likely that he disappears. You can't expect RJ to suck the entire reg season and turn it on in the playoffs...he has to build some momentum in the reg season first.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 12-29-11, 04:12 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Jokerson is all swag when we got the lead, couple of shots go down, and he's "feeling it"; no pressure shots cause its early in the season, and we already have the lead in both games... plus he knows no one has any expectations of him except to flop, so he jst being cool..

when it gets real, Jokerson will get real too. and his real wont be any good to us.
Old 12-30-11, 04:15 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
Jokerson is all swag when we got the lead, couple of shots go down, and he's "feeling it"; no pressure shots cause its early in the season, and we already have the lead in both games... plus he knows no one has any expectations of him except to flop, so he jst being cool..

when it gets real, Jokerson will get real too. and his real wont be any good to us.
YES, seems he and Bonner are one in the same there! I agree fully with you Spursfan9.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 12-30-11, 10:34 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

^^ Exactly. We don't need guys who can get us to win by 20 when we are playing well. We need guys who can grind it out and get us to win by 1 when we are having a night like last night.