News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-11, 06:11 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I have to get this off my chest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........

This has baffled me the last couple of years on here................

Where do people say and or think someone said that Neal, Joseph and Ryan Richards are or supposed to be going to the D-League to play for Austin? I never understood all the slander that is put on this board. It's really getting out of hand here sometimes. I know I post things too with no official backing behind it but my sources are very real and truthful. All that I have posted from the locker room stories to the RC Buford story behind the story stuff through the years.....I had credible witnesses and sources. Who said Ryan Richards was ever going to the D-League??? Please explain to me whoever was Spurs affliated that had said that??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you really don't know........DON'T POST IT!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-27-11, 07:00 PM

Neal would have been a candidate last year (since he's a PG and we had Hill). Joseph can still go to the D-League if Pop decides to go with Ford just so he can get playing time and get in playing shape instead of just sitting on the bench.

the only one that baffles me is Richards. the dude isn't coming over, don't know who started that one at all (or anyone who started a rumor he's even coming to the US at all)
Old 12-27-11, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Are you sure people were saying that here?
Old 12-27-11, 07:39 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Folks talked about Neal at the beginning of last year, but that was because nobody knew much about him, Joseph, there was a bit of speculation about whether or not he'd be ready...and as for Richards, I don't remember seeing much of all about him...

By the way, what is his story?
Old 12-27-11, 07:44 PM
Herman Cain of the board

It's always I heard this and I heard that. I know they are canidates but this I thought this person was going to the Toros junk really is getting old. What's next Nando De Colo is going to Austin? Get real folks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-27-11, 09:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I just listen to what Pop says because that is gospel.
Old 12-27-11, 10:53 PM
The Master Baiter

I know some people just have pet peeves, but really, does it matter? 99% of the crap here is pure speculation, and I doubt a real insider is going to be on spursreport.com. You know how it is, something can start as "Tim Duncan has never been in the D-League" and end as "Tim Duncan to be demoted to the D-League and he's gay."

But none of this slander as you say.
Old 12-28-11, 12:00 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

NOTHING I say is pure speculation. I always have a little bit of facts, hypothesis, and alcohol mixed in.
Old 12-28-11, 12:11 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Reminds me of a thread from the old forum about the wife of a Spurs assistant coach. One poster claimed rumors were that she's good looking then another followed with "I heard that she's hot".

Then someone posted a photo of her found on the web... let me put it in this way: if those comments were true than the bar of good-looking was dropped to the ground.

So... I was not too shocked by the rumors spread on this forum since, merely amused.

:drummer
Old 12-28-11, 12:12 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I know some people just have pet peeves, but really, does it matter? 99% of the crap here is pure speculation, and I doubt a real insider is going to be on spursreport.com. You know how it is, something can start as "Tim Duncan has never been in the D-League" and end as "Tim Duncan to be demoted to the D-League and he's gay."

But none of this slander as you say.
Some of the stuff I have reported is "insider" info. But to warn you all my locker room source left the spurs after last season. Also I was implying the slander on here was being a lighter version or low cal type lol. I just hate this I thought/heard Ryan Richards(and some other previous pure garbage) was gonna come down and play in Austin? I'm sure he is getting paid way more in Europe then to be chomping at the bit to getting some Toro D-league peanut money.
Old 12-28-11, 04:12 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

^^ You knew George Hill!!!? dude tell him i think his game is awesome. wish him the best in indiana
Old 12-28-11, 08:01 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
NOTHING I say is pure speculation. I always have a little bit of facts, hypothesis, and alcohol mixed in.
+ 1
Old 12-28-11, 01:57 PM
The Eternal Optimist

Could understand Neal for a couple games like baseball does with playing guys a couple games in the minors when they come back from injury. Also, if Joseph is not getting any court time, he makes sense there too. Richards is something/someone only insiders could answer.
Old 12-28-11, 05:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

From what I remember it was based on the fact Ryan said that is what he wanted to do. An actual quote then Processed with assumption
Old 12-29-11, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
This has baffled me the last couple of years on here................

Where do people say and or think someone said that Neal, Joseph and Ryan Richards are or supposed to be going to the D-League to play for Austin? I never understood all the slander that is put on this board. It's really getting out of hand here sometimes. I know I post things too with no official backing behind it but my sources are very real and truthful. All that I have posted from the locker room stories to the RC Buford story behind the story stuff through the years.....I had credible witnesses and sources. Who said Ryan Richards was ever going to the D-League??? Please explain to me whoever was Spurs affliated that had said that??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you really don't know........DON'T POST IT!
Richards got screwed over by the lockout. A lot of the Spurs prospects would have been over for the summer, but due to the lockout, guys like Richard signed new contracts.

In the case of players who were planning to come, Joseph couldn't do training camp because of the lockout and Visa issues (couldn't get until the pre-season was just about to start). Lorbek would might have been a Spur if not for the lockout. He wanted to come over.

D-League is good and bad. If Spurs wanted to keep the rights to Richard, they've had to pay him as with any other of the Spurs draft picks. So it gets dicey there. Spurs aren't exactly under the salary cap.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis