SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Spurs Report fantasy League: Need 4 teams! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/114003-spurs-report-fantasy-league-need-4-teams.html)

Dunc n Dave 12-15-11 10:56 PM

Spurs Report fantasy League: Need 4 teams!

This head to head Yahoo league has existed since 2004 with 8 returning managers all from Spurs Report.

We're looking for 4 more ACTIVE managers. Live draft this Sunday night at 9:30pm.

League ID: 17570
pw: spurs

Flipmode Master 12-16-11 09:54 PM

Is it free? and does it work like ESPN's fantasy league?

uthscsamd 12-17-11 11:05 AM

I'm interested. Still have slots? Can't do live draft though due to living in Japan. Actually, 9:30pm would be 12:30 Monday afternoon for me, so I'm good to go with a live online draft. Can't do in person draft. Good luck.

Antonio

Dunc n Dave 12-17-11 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipmode Master (Post 1260154)
Is it free? and does it work like ESPN's fantasy league?

Yes, it's a totally free head to head league. Pretty much like ESPN. 9 categories are scored (FG%, FT%, 3's made, Points, rebs, asts, steals, blks, Turnovers) and you play a different team each week. Whoever wins each category gets a win for that week so weekly scores range from 9-0 to 5-4)

The draft is tomorrow night (Sunday) at 9:30pm. Usually take a little over an hour to do a draft (1 min 30 second time limit for each pick).

Dunc n Dave 12-17-11 11:51 AM

We have 4 slots left. Just go to
Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball

and create a username. Then select "Join a Custom League"
It will ask you for the league ID# and password.
League ID# is 17570
Password is: spurs

Then create your team name and you're all set. You'll need to log back on around 9:15pm Central Time on Sunday to enter the online draft. If you can't make it, you set a draft list and the computer will select for you.

Spursin6 12-17-11 01:43 PM

I'm in guys. This should be fun!

Flipmode Master 12-17-11 02:57 PM

Im in...So 9:15 central time is 10:15 eastern time?

esparzar1 12-17-11 07:21 PM

prepare to be crushed by the fantasy sports King.....lol....should be fun!

catfishng 12-17-11 07:33 PM

Do you have 4 teams yet? I've tried to join the group the last couple of days and it gives me the error,"There was a problem
This league is full. (Error #221)
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)"

Dunc n Dave 12-17-11 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catfishng (Post 1260211)
Do you have 4 teams yet? I've tried to join the group the last couple of days and it gives me the error,"There was a problem
This league is full. (Error #221)
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)"

League is FULL now guys! We have 12 teams. Thanks to those that signed up.

Catfishng, sorry about the error. I had invites out to some managers that were in the league last year. Once I deleted them late last night it opened up some spots.

Anyway, I have another league with some international guys, but very competitive. Send me a PM if you are interested in joining that one. Same set up, head to head, 9 categories, live draft on Dec 23rd.

nyco001 12-18-11 04:06 PM

hey, I'm in, but I'm not at home and the draft time is not not excellent to me... because I'm in france :-)
I left a message in our league, so if you can postpone it to tuesday or wednesday or thursday, it would be cool...
a compatible franch time would be 6pm texas time, but I could try to wake up, but not today....

than ks if you can move it!
Nicolas

Dunc n Dave 12-18-11 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyco001 (Post 1260259)
hey, I'm in, but I'm not at home and the draft time is not not excellent to me... because I'm in france :-)
I left a message in our league, so if you can postpone it to tuesday or wednesday or thursday, it would be cool...
a compatible franch time would be 6pm texas time, but I could try to wake up, but not today....

than ks if you can move it!
Nicolas

Just saw your message Nicolas. Unfortunately I cannot move the draft time with only 3 hours to go. Wouldn't be fair to the other managers who have worked tonight into their schedule.

You are welcome to set your draft order and let the computer select according to your rankings. Just make sure you take guys off your list like JR Smith, Brandon Roy, Kenyon martin, Wilson Chandler, etc who are not playing in the league this year due to injury or being stuck in China.

If that won't work for you, and you need to drop out, I understand. Just let me know ASAP so I can scramble for a replacement manager.

Flipmode Master 12-18-11 10:42 PM

My team is awesome

PG-Tyreke Evans
SG- Joe Johnson
SF Danny Granger
PF Boozer
C Dwight
Sixth Man: Rudy Gay

AWESOMENESS..lol :rock

esparzar1 12-18-11 10:51 PM

PG- Nash
SG- Wade
SF- J. Smith
PF- C. Bosh
C- Scola!!! (alright, I know he's not a center but I'm gonna start him as one)
Sixthman: L. Deng

I happy with a lot of my picks...should be fun

Spursin6 12-18-11 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipmode Master (Post 1260285)
My team is awesome

PG-Tyreke Evans
SG- Joe Johnson
SF Danny Granger
PF Boozer
C Dwight
Sixth Man: Rudy Gay

AWESOMENESS..lol :rock

That is a really good team. Gay as your 6th? Sick.

Mine's not so hot, but I think it's got good depth.

PG - R. Westbrook
SG - K. Martin
SF - D. Gallinari
PF- B. Griffin
C - Nene
Sixth Man - A Blatche

esparzar1 12-18-11 10:57 PM

well, we shall see....it's like a roto league so big names don't mean everything..it gets really statistical when ya think about it!

Flipmode Master 12-18-11 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spursin6 (Post 1260289)
That is a really good team. Gay as your 6th? Sick.

Mine's not so hot, but I think it's got good depth.

PG - R. Westbrook
SG - K. Martin
SF - D. Gallinari
PF- B. Griffin
C - Nene
Sixth Man - A Blatche

I actually got gay as my 3rd pick but he is SF like Granger so...sixth man he is lol.

You have Blake Griffin . thats awesome...I almost made him my first pick...almost..lol. Gallinari is a sleeper pick...he is good...I had Kevin Martin last yr on my team ...he is awesome..and he explodes like atleast 2 games every couple weeks...dropping 40 pts etc. Ur squad is nice

Dunc n Dave 12-19-11 04:12 PM

I like my team too. Not a lot of weaknesses, other than turnovers. A few injury risks though (Noah, Chandler, Rondo, etc.), so you never know

PG - Rondo
SG - W.Matthews
SF - Durant
PF - Brand
C - Noah
Bench - J.Wall, T. Chandler, J. Nelson, Marion, A.Morrow

Joe Tango from San Diego 10-09-12 11:14 AM

So is anyone setting up this league for 2012-2013?
Back from my sabbatical off of the site :D

Wesley33177 10-09-12 01:40 PM

Any room for another? :(