News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-29-11, 11:15 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Richard Jefferson Experiment

The Richard Jefferson experiment failed, but he has a better contract than last year, and could fit better elsewhere. Do you guys think we can trade him for something of value?
Old 04-29-11, 11:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Some how, some way they need to get this guy outta town!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-29-11, 11:25 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

FAIL!!!
Like some crazy scientist trying to create human life out of plastic cans, that's out Pop...
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-29-11, 11:25 PM

i don't think so Guille. the problem, the way i look at it, is we're expecting RJ to adapt to our style and be effective, instead of adapting to him and helping him succeed with us.

last year he struggled with a set offense, so we ran in the beginning of the year. we didn't play D, so Pop slowed down the offense to the Coach's usual style and he couldn't do anything. he's a guy who can make shots if he's moving, he's not a set up spot shooter (like Bowen was). that's why i think him playing the 4 would've helped him because he could've kept running from Randolph and setting picks and driving if Z-Bo played close.
Old 04-29-11, 11:33 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

RJ should have stayed with the Bucks.

Old 04-29-11, 11:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

how many years did he sign for? i would love to move him for a good big, but i doubt anyone wants him, let alone give up something good for him. maybe we can do a sign and trade with him and tony for cp3!
Old 04-29-11, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

You guys sniffed out the SH*T in the room...

i'm not depressed about the season being over, we lost to a better team.

I am depressed about this little factoid.
RJ- 3 more years at $31million.

Can we hire a hit man and take out just enough of his knees so he can have a normal life but never play bball again? Our medical insurance will take care of his salary when an injury forces u to retire. Am i bad for thinking this way?

If you have a problem, Just NEAL. WITH. IT!
Old 04-30-11, 12:33 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I think we do need to try to move him.

He is a good player, but we have some serious issues to deal with, and anybody outside the big 3 should be considered.

And RJ really isn't a great fit. He should win an award for best effort by a round peg to fit in a square hole, but I would so much rather have a guy who is:

1) really good 3 point shooter and
2) defensive stopper.

Realistically we have NO defensive stopper in the starting lineup. And RJ shot a great percentage, but he has to be set. We need a guy who can shoot when challenged.

We don't need a guy who can create his own shot. Got plenty of those for once. Need a guy who can lock down and camp out.
Old 04-30-11, 06:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Rj was really really bad. Really.
Old 04-30-11, 08:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith3503 View Post
Rj was really really bad. Really.

:applause:applause:applause
Old 04-30-11, 09:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

posted this in another tread

what about an RJ and bonner for kaman. They already have enough bigs in jordan and griffin. they dont have a 3pt shooting big (bonner). this would also allow us to get rid of RJs bad contract and allow them to get rid of kaman bad contract. If he gets hurt then a lot of money comes off the next year when him and tim contracts end. We need a big they need a good SF (hopefully we can sell them on RJ). If kaman gets hurt we can still use tiago/blair. we would then need to fill in our SF position but i think we really need to fill that in anyway. maybe we could convince them to throw in gomes or go after moon.
Old 04-30-11, 10:22 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

When a 1st seed loses to an 8th seed.

RJ played the second of the season like he was late for his nap.

It's time to blow up the team and start rebuilding.

Thanks RJ, good luck whereever you go.
Old 04-30-11, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWest View Post

Agreed.

Time to start rebuilding.
Old 04-30-11, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWest View Post

i agree with you. this pains my soul, but TD has to go. his contract is too bloated. he played like a MLE guy who's counted on to score. if he opts out and signs a one year deal, that'd be great. but we just can't afford to keep playing him out of either money reasons or achievement reasons.

must make this its own paragraph/line: how does that Matt Bonner contract look now Bonner lovers? it was hideous when he hit 50% and it's down right piss awful after these playoffs. yes the FO made a mistake, 2012 is near for some!

RJ has to go. Bonner has to go. Duncan has to either go or get paid way less. Manu isn't tradeable but the only team i see that would budge for him would be the Miami Heat. Parker's the only tradeable asset, but by himself we won't get much. he might want to go to NY now and basically tell SA to go "love itself", but NY doesn't have any tradeable assets. from an undersized PF who should be traded to a backup "maturing" PG who's apparently over the Hill (pun intended) because he's so mature, they earn too little to make them valuable trade assets unless we throw them in on a Parker trade.

as i've told my pal Rz, remember the good times folks. this team's Big 3 isn't like Boston's who has spot up shooters. we have creators as our Big 3 and after 2009, we needed a creator alongside Parker/Duncan. this Big 3 is created for role players to be assigned and now our Big 3 can't create. only thing to do is to blow up the team and build around our new guys and hope to hell Manu can spot up shoot consistently.