News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-25-11, 10:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

This team won how many games?? 61??

How in the hell did this team win 61 games? I've never seen a spurs playoff team suck more than tonight. From top to bottom, completely embarrassing! I hate to say it, but I think I am done with this team for the season!! I hope there will be some positive changes in the off season.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-11, 10:24 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

They had a bad night.... And the Grizz played great...

Nobody's gonna force you to watch the games...have a good summer...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-11, 10:28 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Just expressing my disgust with this so-called playoff team.

Last edited by bkp65; 04-25-11 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 10:36 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I think we have good reason to be disgusted. All the Spurs are playing out of sync. Many of them are playing scared.

And the rotations make no sense. I still believe we have the talent to win this series, but I am at a loss to explain the Spurs' mental errors and the overall coaching strategy.

Do you get what Pop is trying to do? Waiting to play Neal till the 2nd half when the game is getting out of reach? Playing Tiago for the first time in a game 3 do-or-die situation on the road JUST LIKE HE DID WITH HILL VS DALLAS. And just like I said he would.

Then sitting Tiago without sustained PT until garbage time?

Still going under the screen on Conley when he has hit that shot all series?

This team has no plan to win. Not lacking the talent, just a plan. And without a plan, hard to have the desire.
Old 04-25-11, 10:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The handwriting was on the wall for quite some time. Everyone keeps thinking this was a number one seed. Not so.

The Spurs were the number 1 seed through the first 41 games. They were the number 7 seed for the second 41 (The Grizzlies were the number 2 seed).

This team faded long ago and the Spurs management didn't recognize it and they didn't do anything about it. When Pop decided to "rest" his stars late in the season, I knew we were in trouble. This team didn't need rest. They needed to play hard and hone their skills.
Old 04-25-11, 10:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I was banging my head on every freaking turnover. How many did Parker have 7, 8 turnovers??
Old 04-25-11, 10:47 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave View Post
When Pop decided to "rest" his stars late in the season, I knew we were in trouble. This team didn't need rest. They needed to play hard and hone their skills.
I agree but I would say by "hone their skills" we needed to integrate Splitter/Anderson/Green if possible because they have the athleticism to play with guys like Mayo, Young, Gasol, Randolph, etc.
Old 04-25-11, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I honestly never understood how we had the best record most of the season. When I watched them on ESPN, ABC or TNT throughout the season, they only won about 30% of the time. Maybe I'm just a jinx and shouldn't be watching any games...

If someone does know what our record was on nationally broadcast games I would be interested to see it. In this series we only won on NBATV which you could say is not national since most homes don't get that channel.
Old 04-25-11, 11:03 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Guys we've known it's been over since 09 when we got bounced by the Mavs. The Spurs became a regular season team after that. We saw it against the Mavs, against the Suns and now against the Spurs. It's okay, this team hasn't played defense all year, and it's not an athletic group. They burn out by the playoffs.
Old 04-25-11, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Bong View Post
I honestly never understood how we had the best record most of the season. When I watched them on ESPN, ABC or TNT throughout the season, they only won about 30% of the time. Maybe I'm just a jinx and shouldn't be watching any games...

If someone does know what our record was on nationally broadcast games I would be interested to see it. In this series we only won on NBATV which you could say is not national since most homes don't get that channel.
Aha!! You are the one - I bet you watched all the games this series. That's the reason the Spurs have a 25% winning percentage in the playoffs thus far.

The solution: cancel your cable - now!
Old 04-25-11, 11:15 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

This is a bad match up for us. Plain and simple. We won 61 games - we did not win 61 games against teams we match up poorly with.
Old 04-25-11, 11:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

plain and simple. blair + bonner = loss!!

Blair is no beast! beast from where? why did he lose weight?

bonner can't play d.

gasol and randolph have destroyed blair and bonner. small ball oh small ball. who invented small ball?

great coaching poppovich thumbs up. yeah let's sit down james anderson because his corporate knowledge is not up to date. he is young,can shoot and play pretty good defense on the perimter. Ima sit him down yeah. ima sit down splitter to and put danny green in instead.

dumb rotations plain and simple
Old 04-28-11, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We won because the game was on NBATV. Unfortunately the next one is on TNT...
Old 04-28-11, 01:55 PM

this is the team that won 60+ games

this isn't the starting lineup that won 60+ games, if that answers your question
Old 04-29-11, 11:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
this is the team that won 60+ games

this isn't the starting lineup that won 60+ games, if that answers your question
been saying that- since Blair went to the bench we've become mediocre. Dude just wins. I'm a Blair fan even though I acknowledge the awkwardness his height poses matching up. His energy and tenacity = wins.
Old 04-29-11, 03:21 PM
The Eternal Optimist

Agree on some points, but especially on the match up ones. Memphis is probably one of the worst match ups for this team out of the entire 16 teams starting the playoffs. Having said that, a couple of bounces different in game one and we are sitting the other side of the 3 - 2 record. In fact with a wee tad different luck in games one and three and we are ready for the OKC crew.

Not that the team has really played well enough to warrant it, but... I think the coaching staff has been well aware of team and individual deficiencies all season long and has done what they feel was best to get the most from this team. We can now only sit, wait, and hope that there is enough fight left in them to get past Sunday. If so, I think they will be just fine. (yes, the eternal optimist, glass half full guy here)Wouldn't mortgage the farm on a championship ring, but feel they could do quite well thank you very much.

Last edited by old timer; 04-29-11 at 03:24 PM.