News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-10-11, 10:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Will Chicago be #1?

They have a better division record that us because they're division sux all kinds of @$$. And they will their last 2 games, unless New York can do us a huge favor. The Nets don't stand a chance. We have the Fakes and the Suns. I think the Fakes are going to have play ball to keep that #2 slot. But the only reason this would matter is if we meet the Bulls in the finals. It's going to be fun all the way down to the end! Go Spurs Go!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-11, 10:38 PM

i can see your point, but Chicago has a tough road for them to use that HCA vs. the West. they have to go through Indiana, then Orlando, then Heat/Boston.

they're gonna make Rose beat them and make him a jump shooter in the playoffs. i just don't see Rose doing that and not running out of gas since he's been at it this whole season.
Old 04-10-11, 10:51 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i can see your point, but Chicago has a tough road for them to use that HCA vs. the West. they have to go through Indiana, then Orlando, then Heat/Boston.

they're gonna make Rose beat them and make him a jump shooter in the playoffs. i just don't see Rose doing that and not running out of gas since he's been at it this whole season.
Hey, we agree on something. I was just thinking about that today. It took 42 points from Rose to beat the Spurs the last game. He can't do that for a whole series much less the entire playoffs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-11, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i think the spurs care about having the better overall record just because of the historical point of view. at this point it seems like the bulls are trying a lot harder than the spurs to try to secure the # one overall spot. spurs achieved there goal by getting the # 1 spot in the western conference.the spurs have the right mentality- its all about the road to the finals, avoiding injury's, limiting minutes, and making sure the role players are properly tuned up.

the bulls rely to heavily on rose and im sure the spurs will exploit that if they were to meet up in the finals.
Old 04-10-11, 11:23 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

The Knicks also can give us a hand. They are still playing to get 6 and avoid Miami
Old 04-10-11, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Division record is not what matters here it is the record against the other conference. This means that both the Spurs and Bulls have identical records versus the opposite conference and so if both were to meet in the Finals assuming they finish with the same record, then it is a random drawing to determine HCA. As it stands the bulls and SPurs do have identical records versus the other conf. and they do not have another out of conf. game left

Last edited by fdm55; 04-11-11 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-10-11, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Chicago would be tough, but give Pop a chance to formulate a game plan? I like our chances.

Obviously Chicago is playing the best ball hands down in the east and overall, but Boston will still be extremely tough to beat and Orlando won't be a push over. Will such a young team be able o handle the pressure deeper in the playoffs?
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 04-11-11, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm55 View Post
Division record is not what matters here it is the record against the other conference. This means that both the Spurs and Bulls have identical records versus the opposite conference and so if both were to meet in the Finals assuming they finish with the same record, then it is a random drawing to determine HCA. As it stands the bulls and SPurs do have identical records versus the other conf. and they do not have another out of conf. game left
NBA tie-breaking procedure

In the event that two teams are tied in the standings, a series of tiebreakers is applied to determine playoff position:

a. Results of games against each other. (TIE)
b. Higher winning percentage in conference games. (TIE)
c. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division). (NULL)
d. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference. (CHI)
e. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference.
f. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed.

Last edited by elmo_1982; 04-11-11 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-11-11, 08:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs Nation

"If the two teams are tied at the end of the season, the first two tiebreakers would be null as the season series is tied at one game apiece and the Spurs and Bulls have equal records against the opposite conference. That would mean that homecourt advantage would then be determined on the third tiebreaker — a random drawing."
Old 04-11-11, 08:20 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo_1982 View Post
NBA tie-breaking procedure

In the event that two teams are tied in the standings, a series of tiebreakers is applied to determine playoff position:

a. Results of games against each other. (TIE)
b. Higher winning percentage in conference games. (TIE)
c. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division). (NULL)
d. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference. (CHI)
e. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference.
f. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed.

Actually fdm55 is right. There will be (assuming they both make the Finals) a random drawing to see who gets HCA which is complete
Old 04-11-11, 08:29 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Actually fdm55 is right. There will be (assuming they both make the Finals) a random drawing to see who gets HCA which is complete

I wonder if the random drawing will be just as fair as the 1985 Draft Lottery?! jk
Old 04-11-11, 09:22 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
HaHa, do your research first!!!
Old 04-11-11, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox86182 View Post
i think the spurs care about having the better overall record just because of the historical point of view. at this point it seems like the bulls are trying a lot harder than the spurs to try to secure the # one overall spot. spurs achieved there goal by getting the # 1 spot in the western conference.the spurs have the right mentality- its all about the road to the finals, avoiding injury's, limiting minutes, and making sure the role players are properly tuned up.

the bulls rely to heavily on rose and im sure the spurs will exploit that if they were to meet up in the finals.
well, yes and no. when we've had HCA, we've won. we have also won without full homecourt advantage prior to the playoffs.

2005 Phoenix had HCA and we beat them in the WCF
2007, we were the 3rd seed behind (1) Dallas and (2) Phoenix

i honestly think we can beat the Bulls in the Finals without HCA because of their lack of experience, but like i've mentioned, i doubt they get that far. i think we need HCA against veteran teams and we already have that vs. LAL/DAL/BOS/MIA/ORL/etc
Old 04-11-11, 12:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
i honestly think we can beat the Bulls in the Finals without HCA because of their lack of experience, but like i've mentioned, i doubt they get that far. i think we need HCA against veteran teams and we already have that vs. LAL/DAL/BOS/MIA/ORL/etc

I feel the same.
Old 04-11-11, 04:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
I feel the same.
Also I think even if we get the best record, Pop won't get the Coach Of The Year anyways. Best thing is to tank these two games and prepare for the money time.

It's very dangers to play those now-back-against-walls Lakers!

If I'm pop I'll rest all 5 guys and starts our bench.
Old 04-11-11, 04:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I think that giving our starters refering to the big three, about 15-20 minutes per night, but thats it just to stay in a groove, because after wednesday there could be anywhere from 4 to 6 days off, and if they do not play anymore from saturdays game then it could be 8 to 10 days off. I can see the benefit of both sides, but for me Id like them to play some.
Old 04-11-11, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm55 View Post
I think that giving our starters refering to the big three, about 15-20 minutes per night, but thats it just to stay in a groove, because after wednesday there could be anywhere from 4 to 6 days off, and if they do not play anymore from saturdays game then it could be 8 to 10 days off. I can see the benefit of both sides, but for me Id like them to play some.
Don't forget the extra bumps & bruises, and chances of getting injuried!!!

LA ain't exactly tough & scarppy, but merely cheap & dirty!!!

A.Bynum is a Flagrant-Fouls machine!!!
Old 04-11-11, 04:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I figure Pop will have one of the big 3 not suit up, and play the rest of the starters under 25 minutes tomorrow. And we will still win!!!
Old 04-11-11, 06:38 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo_1982 View Post
Don't forget the extra bumps & bruises, and chances of getting injuried!!!

LA ain't exactly tough & scarppy, but merely cheap & dirty!!!

A.Bynum is a Flagrant-Fouls machine!!!

I agree they are dirty sobs!
Old 04-11-11, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Artest was fouling OKC players in the head even when the game was out of hand, Bynum is just slow.
Old 04-11-11, 07:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

After watching how dirty LAKERS play, I feel Horry's infamous hip-check is absolutely nothing!!!