SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   enough with the home jerseys on the road (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/107858-enough-home-jerseys-road.html)

MOODDOOM 02-15-11 04:37 AM

enough with the home jerseys on the road

I know the nets wore the red alternate unis last game for heart disease awareness (allegedly). I'm sick of every team wearing their alternate jerseys when we play them forcing the spurs to wear the white home jerseys on the road. Its happening more frequently this season.I don't have the record but I'm pretty sure we lose every time we wear the home jerseys on the road, with the exception of the last game. Anyone else notice the trend of mind games teams are throwing at the spurs.

mckennaspur1 02-15-11 06:24 AM

I was at the Jersey game and thought the Nets were wearing their alternate red unis because the Sixers had humiliated the Spurs over the weekend by using that color scheme. It might have worked had NJ been able to throw the ball into the ocean...

KAD 02-15-11 06:54 AM

I just find it harder to follow the Spurs as am used to the dark jerseys - it does not make good viewing when the streaming is fuzzy.

Dulce 02-15-11 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1240698)
I was at the Jersey game and thought the Nets were wearing their alternate red unis because the Sixers had humiliated the Spurs over the weekend by using that color scheme. It might have worked had NJ been able to throw the ball into the ocean...

:lol

yeah them wearing the white jerseys threw me off as well.

timm 02-15-11 07:37 AM

meh I prefer the white jerseys, so the more games they play in them, the better. What I hate though is our silver warmups - they look like pajamas to me.

dark21horse 02-15-11 08:01 AM

Could be worse..........they could be wearing the "Los Spurs" jerseys. I think their record is worse when they wear those GOD-AWFUL things.

polk 02-15-11 09:17 AM

The white jerseys are sharp. A crisp, clean look. Overall they simply look better in the white.

mckennaspur1 02-15-11 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polk (Post 1240718)
The white jerseys are sharp. A crisp, clean look. Overall they simply look better in the white.

...until they go back to those old-school black-on-black "SAN ANTONIO" road unis...

blaze24k 02-15-11 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1240733)
...until they go back to those old-school black-on-black "SAN ANTONIO" road unis...

I've been wishing they'd bring back those "San Antonio" uni's, if only for just a couple games a year to keep it Fresh...maybe a nationally televised game at LAL, or NY. Would be sweet!!!!!

polk 02-15-11 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1240733)

Oh no!! Not the black on black. I remember as a kid seeing Ice wear that jersey and cringing everytime I saw him. He was so damn skinny that it seemed as though the name San Antonio was damn near written in a circle around his chest. Just too many letters in San Antonio to make that jersey look good.

Spurs and Lakers are two of the few teams who don't put the name of the city on the road jersey. Usually its team name at home and city name on the road. Oklahoma City even does this. Just way too many letters on the jersey.

But as mentioned earlier, anything is better than the Los Spurs jerseys.

Big-POST-Bob 02-15-11 05:16 PM

Well it's better than the space man jerseys...

LAsucksForever 02-15-11 09:43 PM

What's tripping me out is seeing the Lakers wear yellow on the road. That crap needs to stop.

gospursgostrive 02-15-11 11:22 PM

I like the "space man" jerseys. Remeber 2004, Hedo Turkoglu and Rasho looked awesome in the "saturday disco night space man" jerseys =)