LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-11, 12:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Chris Bosh sprains ankle, worsens health by shoving foot in mouth

January 16, 2011 · 2:50PM
by Micah Hart

Chris Bosh had a rough start to the season. With Miami struggling out of the gate, a lot of the agitas was thrown his way, with people claiming he wasn’t as good as the other members of the SuperFriends, that he was soft, and that he couldn’t handle the increased pressure of performing in the spotlight.
Most of that was forgotten as the Heat shrugged off their mediocre 9-8 start by winning 21 of the next 22 games, and Bosh, by averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.2 rebounds, answered those criticisms.
Well, two of the three anyway.
Bosh is taking heat today for his postgame comments after Saturday night’s 99-96 loss to the Bulls in Chicago, a game in which Bosh appeared to hurt his ankle after Chicago’s Omer Asik accidentally rolled onto his leg chasing after a loose ball.
According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, Bosh didn’t take too kindly to Asik’s tenacity:
“C’mon, that is how guys get hurt, that is how serious injuries happen. You’ve got to watch people’s legs. I know guys want to hustle and everything but we all want to play and provide for our families and have a job. …We all want to be healthy and that is very important. If it is by somebody’s leg, don’t dive for the ball, it’s too close.”
Needless to say, this has caused quite a bit of snickering on the Interwebs, with our own John Schuhmann leading the charge on Twitter:
@johnschuhmann “If it’s flu season, don’t defend me too tightly. That’s how germs are spread.” #chrisboshquotes
@johnschuhmann “If you cut back door, I might hurt my neck. That is how guys get hurt.” #chrisboshquotes
@johnschuhmann “If you might accidentally poke me in the eye, don’t try to block my shot. That’s how injuries happen.” #chrisboshquotes
Pretty funny stuff. By the way, here is the play in question — you be the judge if Asik is playing dirty or not:
I dunno — I understand Bosh wanting players to take care not to injure each other, but seems to me that diving after loose balls is what often separates winning from losing, or at least that’s what I’ve been led to believe by every single postgame press conference ever ever.
I don’t really think Bosh means to imply that players shouldn’t hustle for loose balls, and I am sure he’ll spin a different story when he is inevitably asked to comment on his comments in the next day or so. But it made for a few good chuckles on a basketball-lite Sunday, so as far as I’m concerned, it’s all good.

" 01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001100 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110010 01110011 "
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-17-11, 01:02 PM
The Master Baiter

And that, my friend, is why you'll always be a number 3.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-17-11, 01:12 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

BWAHAHAHHA @Chris Bosh sprains ankle, worsens health by shoving foot in mouth
[email protected]
Old 01-17-11, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
And that, my friend, is why you'll always be a number 3.
yup. he'll always be a 3 because he plays like #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
BWAHAHAHHA @Chris Bosh sprains ankle, worsens health by shoving foot in mouth
me too, still laughing
Old 01-17-11, 06:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

that is funny and the guy was serious...
Old 01-17-11, 06:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

The picture says a thousand words. And provides a thousand laughs.
Old 01-17-11, 07:08 PM
NBA Ref Wrangler

With Lehype out, someone has to step up & make asinine statements for the cHeat

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
---Winston Churchill (1903)
Old 01-17-11, 09:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Its not surprising that he is complaining about someone actually trying as it makes him look even more pathetic.... before this season I was waking up smiling from a dream of him playing with and then replacing TD but now that would be a nightmare.
Old 01-18-11, 05:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Couldn't find the direct link, but check out the "I'm Greg Davis" parody. Imagine all the lines you substitute for Chris Bosh today.

I’m Greg Davis Parody Video | TX SportsCast

I'm Chris Bosh. The other team shouldn't try hard.
I'm Chris Bosh. I'm a franchise player. At least I'm paid like one.
I'm Chris Bosh. Look at me now. I'm on the Heatles.
I'm Chris Bosh. I invented the soft 4.
I'm Chris Bosh. I make a lousy looking waitress.

LeBron Learns About Karma, In Art Form