News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-04, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Draft Guru reporting a draft related Spurs trade

Adam "Draft Guru" Miller is reporting a possible trade out of the first-round for the Spurs:

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...129#post200129

Adam is well connected with agents and within the draft community. Take it for what it's worth.

--Dusty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-04, 06:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

any chance that is to get someone who they feel will be there, but they could get cheaper...ala edwards or one of the shooters?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-04, 06:16 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

no offense to adam but with this was reported by him much earlier today

if SA traded their pick already I would think it would have come out by now...who knows
Old 06-24-04, 06:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I was hoping we would atlease wait to see if somone fell to us. Sometimes patience is a virtue. What really pisses me off is that San Antonio is very good at finding talent in the draft but we keep on pissing away our draft picks. Why does Pop insist on insist on playing to his weakness at the expense of his strengths.
Old 06-24-04, 06:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Why does Pop insist on insist on playing to his weakness at the expense of his strengths.
well said..well said
Old 06-24-04, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Corleone
I was hoping we would atlease wait to see if somone fell to us. Sometimes patience is a virtue. What really pisses me off is that San Antonio is very good at finding talent in the draft but we keep on pissing away our draft picks. Why does Pop insist on insist on playing to his weakness at the expense of his strengths.
prob because they didnt think anyone was going to be there worth wasting cap on

and this is prob a sign they figure they need as much avail cap space as they can
Old 06-24-04, 06:23 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

He reported that the Spurs already know that the two players they want will be gone. I am assuming this trade is based upon that being the reality. Sac will then pick #26 and #28 and actually keep the Lakers from picking Vujacic at #27.
Old 06-24-04, 06:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Spurs have plenty of Eurostash under developement.
My guess is they are looking to match up with Detroit now.
Old 06-24-04, 06:53 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Question: I was watching the ESPN coverage of pre-draft night, and on the bottom ticker, it listed Sacramento, not San Antonio, picking 28. Also it had San Antonio's first pick at 52. Was this just a mistake, or was there a deal with Sacramento? — Chen, San Antonio

Mike Monroe: I haven't heard of any trade with Sacramento, which doesn't necessarily mean there hasn't been one. The Spurs do like to trade out of the first round when they're picking that low. Right now, though, to the best of my knowledge they still have No. 28.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b...ats/2004draft/
Old 06-24-04, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

this was a kind gesture dusty. big props to you for that. he does seem to know what he is talking about. sure he does not have a proven track record here. but he has to start sometime.
Old 06-24-04, 08:22 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Okay well now ESPN is flashing that SA does have the 28th pick.
Old 06-24-04, 08:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope we don't give it up, because what can we really get except some guy hidden DEEP in the bench of another team? Why do we continually have to be the team that saves mediocre players from other teams? I'd rather we get something solid from the draft.
Old 06-24-04, 09:10 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotefan
He reported that the Spurs already know that the two players they want will be gone. I am assuming this trade is based upon that being the reality. Sac will then pick #26 and #28 and actually keep the Lakers from picking Vujacic at #27.
Who are those 2 players?
Old 06-24-04, 09:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The two are still available. Why give up so early?
Old 06-24-04, 09:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Jameer didn't get taken until #20... If the Spurs made the assumption that the guys they wanted would be gone early, they weren't really thinking right. Hopefully they didn't trade to Sac for some trash.
Old 06-24-04, 09:43 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

according to NBA.com the Spurs still have the pick as of now

I think it was an error
Old 06-24-04, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

oh, if thats true makes the rest of the draft boring... well we have two more picks I guess.
Old 06-24-04, 10:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Phew... good to know that we still have the pick.
Old 06-24-04, 10:10 PM
Moderator/Campesino

hmmmmmmmmmmm............
Old 06-24-04, 10:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

ok who was this guy that we just picked up and how will he fit in?
Old 06-24-04, 11:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

He is a PG from Slovania. They say hes not a real good shooter though and we really need someone who can make jumpshots.
Old 06-24-04, 11:14 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

ok well this rumour is dead I suppose

lock