News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-16-10, 03:16 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Breaking: Spurs Waive Alonzo Gee

The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have waived guard Alonzo Gee. Gee appeared in five games this season, totaling 2 points, 3 rebounds and 2 blocks in 17 minutes. Gee was signed by the Spurs as a free agent on March 29, 2010 and was later assigned to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League on April 8, 2010.
The roster now stands at 12.

Source: NBA.com

What are we doing? Who do we get to fill the 13th spot?

A veteran backup?
Old 11-16-10, 03:28 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

With everybody healthy, Gee just couldn't get onto the floor.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-10, 03:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

didnt see this coming .
I think if the spurs could they would bring temple back at the very minimum, but most likely some random player from their toro squad.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-10, 03:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Do we have to have 13 on the roster by tomorrow's game?
Old 11-16-10, 03:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i think we have either a week or 30 days to find someone but not certain.
Old 11-16-10, 03:51 PM

Who is in the Toros that can actually be helpful? Maybe bringing Matt Bonner´s little brother over so we get two Bonner to joke about in here?
Old 11-16-10, 04:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Could we still get Tyler Wilkerson?
Old 11-16-10, 04:02 PM

i'm available to be signed. i'm a G/F/C at 5'6". imagine a frontcourt of me & Matty?!
Old 11-16-10, 04:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i'm available to be signed. i'm a G/F/C at 5'6". imagine a frontcourt of me & Matty?!
Yeah it's either Jose or Tyler Wilkerson... And Jose is just short enough to play center for pop
Old 11-16-10, 04:48 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Tyler Wilkerson would be nice. He had an outstanding summer league.
Old 11-16-10, 04:50 PM

Quote:
How´s your FT%? If over .600 you are not a fit to play center in the team
Old 11-16-10, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith3503 View Post
Yeah it's either Jose or Tyler Wilkerson... And Jose is just short enough to play center for pop
You guys forgot to throw Adam Morrison into the conversation...this is the master stroke that will put the Spurs OVER THE TOP!
Old 11-16-10, 04:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient Express View Post
You guys forgot to throw Adam Morrison into the conversation...this is the master stroke that will put the Spurs OVER THE TOP!
ha! I guess when your talking about the 13th spot it is what it is.

We sure could use some perimeter defense though, we're near the bottom at opponents three point percentage. Wilkerson is the right height and we got a look at him, so who knows.
Old 11-16-10, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthousandaces View Post
Do we have to have 13 on the roster by tomorrow's game?

No... Teams only have to have a max of 12 players active

Section 1. Active Roster Size. Each Team agrees to have twelve (12) players on its Active List and to have a minimum
of eight (8) players on the bench for all Regular Season games. Notwithstanding the foregoing,
any Team may from time to time as appropriate, but for no more than two (2) consecutive weeks
at a time during the Regular Season, have eleven (11) players on its Active List.

Section 2. Inactive Roster Size.
Each Team agrees to have one (1) player on its Inactive List for all Regular Season
games. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any Team may from time to time as appropriate, but for
no more than two (2) consecutive weeks at any time during the Regular Season, have no players
on its Inactive List. (So, in other words...we got 2 weeks to put someone on the inactive list)

Here's more info here: NBA.com - Roster Regulations

Last edited by SPUROFTHAMOMENT; 11-16-10 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-16-10, 08:36 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Pop has been agressive at whittling down the roster. My guess is that they already have someone lined up as I believe they had another 2 weeks before having to waive anyone before full season contracts become mandatory.
Old 11-16-10, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Pop has been agressive at whittling down the roster. My guess is that they already have someone lined up as I believe they had another 2 weeks before having to waive anyone before full season contracts become mandatory.
Nick Van Exel?
Old 11-16-10, 08:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Nick Van Exel?
It's got to be Carmelo, he can back up RJ nicely.
Old 11-16-10, 09:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Bonner clones?

Old 11-16-10, 09:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

we're a bit thin at 3, given that anderson wont be back for a while. maybe the spurs are altruistic enough to want these guys to play ball for someone earlier in the season...who knows?
Old 11-16-10, 10:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hey, I am 5 foot & 6 3/4 inches give me a chance!!
Old 11-16-10, 10:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

To fill the last three spots we will select from the following:

Shaq
Nick Van Exel
Glen "Big Dog" Robinson
Damon Stoudamire
Reggie Miller
Gary Payton
Mikey Jordan
Jose
The Ghost of Ian Mahinmi
Brandon Marshall
Lebron James' Ego
Detlef Schrempf
Sean Elliot
Steve Kerr
Old 11-16-10, 11:05 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice13 View Post
Bonner clones?
Bonner has a brother.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 11-17-10, 04:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

George Hill for Paul George... I'm starting the rumor right now.
Old 11-17-10, 06:18 AM
SR Team Goof

The roster was getting too young in age, by established Spurs standards, so Pop is making room for the comeback of Sean, Bruce and David.
Old 11-17-10, 06:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneAg54 View Post
To fill the last three spots we will select from the following:

Shaq
Nick Van Exel
Glen "Big Dog" Robinson
Damon Stoudamire
Reggie Miller
Gary Payton
Mikey Jordan
Jose
The Ghost of Ian Mahinmi
Brandon Marshall
Lebron James' Ego
Detlef Schrempf
Sean Elliot
Steve Kerr
I am pretty sure we don't have enough cap space for that. But it would be sweet: "My Id and Super Ego are staying with DWade and CB, but Timmy D needs my Ego down by the river."
Old 11-17-10, 09:11 AM
The Eternal Optimist

Nah, they just activate Vaughn until the right warm body shows on the radar--lol
Old 11-17-10, 11:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Get Danny Green. He could develop into the lock down defender the Spurs have been lacking.
Old 11-17-10, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas97 View Post
Get Danny Green. He could develop into the lock down defender the Spurs have been lacking.
first we need a 3rd shot blocking big before anyone can lock down defend for this team
Old 11-17-10, 05:09 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas97 View Post
Sorry bub! They signed him this morning don't take credit when you knew they already signed him NICE TRY!
Old 11-17-10, 05:13 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith3503 View Post
George Hill for Paul George... I'm starting the rumor right now.
How about a multi-team deal-- Chris Paul for Paul George for George Hill for Jordan Hill for D'Andre Jordan?
Old 11-17-10, 05:14 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
The roster was getting too young in age, by established Spurs standards, so Pop is making room for the comeback of Sean, Bruce and David.
Artis Gilmore baby!

Or John Lucas AND one of his sons!
Old 11-18-10, 02:34 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
first we need a 3rd shot blocking big before anyone can lock down defend for this team
Spurs aren't really going to do better than what they got. Just imagine what Ibaka is going to command soon enough. Talent and athleticism.

Splitter is a good start. Maybe Cousin will have developed over the year.

Spurs are doing a good job of revamping their wings to be able to compete with Portland/OKC/etc.

Losing guys like Finley (his last 2 years)/Ime/Bogans/RMJ and replacing them with guys like Hill/Anderson/Green.

Temple is more of a 1/2, but still needed more work to get the PG side down. I still hope he comes back next training camp though. Gee is too raw. Hairston wasn't worth fighting to keep as he didn't develop as far as they needed.

I think we get stuck thinking we want a "Bowen." However, there were times when even with Bowen, we wished we had another guy, especially when Bowen picked up some fouls.

Also gives you more options to throw on Kobe and make him work all night, especially when they can hit shots on offense. Also nice, that the Spurs just keep bolstering their lineup of shooters, not guys who can get streaky at hit at times like RMJ.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis