News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > RSS Feed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-11, 12:30 PM
Bender Bending Rodriguez, Esq.

Will Carroll: Broxton's control issues hint at structural flaw

I've been craving Cooper's BBQ for a while. If you've never been to the Texas landmark, you don't know what you're missing. For me, it's the best BBQ anywhere, though tastes differ. Some swear by Kreuz or Snow's or Salt Lick, and those are just the Texas contenders. Interstate, Dreamland and Bryant's are all going to get mentions, among hundreds of others. While at it's heart, they're all pretty much the same, it's the slight differences that make all the difference. In BBQ, it's the meat, the smoker, the sauce or hundreds of other little secrets. It's the same in sports medicine, as every trainer and doctor have their own methods, biases and timelines. In taking any injury or injury situation, there are a lot of things in play besides just the injury itself. A sprained ankle is not just a sprained ankle, and like fine BBQ, there are going to be subtle and not-so-subtle differences. Unless you understand all of them, the information is going to be slightly off at best and often completely off. Over the years I've been doing this, I've learned that it's more than just knowing the recipe, but also knowing (and talking to) the cooks. Anything else just isn't going to taste right.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!