News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > RSS Feed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-10, 07:34 AM
Bender Bending Rodriguez, Esq.

Will Carroll: Injury comebacks as much about motivation as time

There's as much psychology that goes into injury management and risk assessment as there is fact. Teams ... well, teams lie about injuries, but when it comes to stars getting injured, especially in visible situations like national games, there's even more of a psychological factor. Fans and fantasy owners seem to go through the stages of grief, fueled by beer and the visions of what they planned to do with their fantasy winnings going up in smoke. I think that as much as I feel like a weatherman at times, talking you through the storms and changes of a fantasy season, we also need some sort of fantasy Zen guide. Just someone to tell you to breathe, to calm down and think before making some rash trade or waiver move. I'm certainly guilty of making the same kind of rash moves, but with injuries, the instant analysis that some people want isn't going to help make the smart, efficient move. Breathe, people. Breathe. But for now, let's take a look at the injuries:

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!