News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-01-09, 02:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

More on Healthcare

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-09, 04:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

As a rebuttal to the BS from the interviewed health insurance public relations offices, let's hear what Wendell Potter -- one of their own for 20 years -- had to say before the US Senate.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-09, 07:35 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

But the invisible hand of the market will take care of everything!
Old 10-01-09, 10:01 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

It would be nice if we would undo enough regulation to give the invisible hand a fighting chance.

Seriously, I fight against insurance companies for a living, and it's absolutely true that insurance companies make things difficult as part of their business practice (some of them worse than others). But a lot of that is because of regulation.

And in addition, they scream out for more regulation because they use it as a shield against (1) lawsuits to punish them for unfair and deceptive practices, and (2) new competition.

And the WORST in my experience are governmental or quasi-governmental entities that are immune to suit for unfair insurance practices.
Old 10-01-09, 10:07 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

In fairness I'm all for certain aspects of what I hear the Republicans touting when it comes to allowing interstate competition.