News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Hardball Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-09, 10:36 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

Pickens calls off massive wind farm in Texas

HOUSTON – Plans for the world's largest wind farm in the Texas Panhandle have been scrapped, energy baron T. Boone Pickens said Tuesday, and he's looking for a home for 687 giant wind turbines.

Pickens has already ordered the turbines, which can stand 400 feet tall — taller than most 30-story buildings.

"When I start receiving those turbines, I've got to ... like I said, my garage won't hold them," the legendary Texas oilman said. "They've got to go someplace."

read the whole here: Pickens calls off massive wind farm in Texas - Yahoo! News
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-09, 08:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amente View Post
HOUSTON – Plans for the world's largest wind farm in the Texas Panhandle have been scrapped, energy baron T. Boone Pickens said Tuesday, and he's looking for a home for 687 giant wind turbines.

Pickens has already ordered the turbines, which can stand 400 feet tall — taller than most 30-story buildings.

"When I start receiving those turbines, I've got to ... like I said, my garage won't hold them," the legendary Texas oilman said. "They've got to go someplace."

read the whole here: Pickens calls off massive wind farm in Texas - Yahoo! News

Dang... I guess driving through the panhandle will still be boring as it ever was. Love driving through that wind farm near Lubbock...thats a trip.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-10-09, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Also from the article:

In Texas, the problem lies in getting power from the proposed site in the Panhandle to a distribution system, Pickens said in an interview with The Associated Press in New York. He'd hoped to build his own transmission lines but he said there were technical problems.

That's it? That's the whole reason they're pulling the plug on this $12 billion dollar project? Of all the half-ass schemes I've ever heard of...