News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Hardball Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-09, 12:47 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

8 days of silence since Hannity volunteers to be waterboarded

Over a week ago — on Thurs., April 22 — Fox News’ torture enthusiast Sean Hannity agreed to be waterboarded for charity to prove that it is not torture. Though he dismissed waterboarding as simply taking someone’s head and “dunk[ing] it in water,” he has remained notably silent on his promise ever since, perhaps regretting that he volunteered to subject himself to the intensely terrifying suffocation experience. MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann offered last week to donate $1,000 to military families for every second Hannity is waterboarded. In the face of Hannity’s silence, Olbermann repeated the offer this week:
OLBERMANN: Sean, my offer still stands, 1,000 dollars a second. This is not a stunt nor game. Prove to those families you are a man of your word. In fact, prove you are a man.
Hannity, we await your reply.

Think Progress
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-04-09, 01:01 AM
Dr. Dash

as bugs bunny would say:

What a maroon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-04-09, 12:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Good luck Keith. Why would someone with 50 times the ratings of Countdown even mention his name? From a business standpoint it makes no sense. Maybe he should flash his degree again.
Old 05-05-09, 05:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
Good luck Keith. Why would someone with 50 times the ratings of Countdown even mention his name? From a business standpoint it makes no sense. Maybe he should flash his degree again.
Just using the numbers from May 1st, Hannity does have higher overall ratings - 1823 to Olbermann's 1314. I'm not sure if your scale of "50 times" is very accurate, but I'd also like to point out that in the all important 25 to 54 demographic, Olbermann is actually ahead with 458 to Hannity's 412. So congrats to Hannity on his firm grip of the pre-teen and senor citizens markets.

Another point to consider is that if you're a right-wing, fear-mongering, fact-ignoring democracy-shredding conservative, you reall only have one source for the news, Fox, while we on the left have a plethora of networks, which if added up, well exceed Fox and destroys any notion that Fox is somehow a better news network. It's simply the ONLY network that caters to the 51% of ignorant Americans that voted for Bush, TWICE. Hell, even Comedy Central does a better job of insightful political discussion than Fox "Obama is the Anti-Christ"News.
Old 05-05-09, 07:13 PM
Dr. Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_aphex View Post
Just using the numbers from May 1st, Hannity does have higher overall ratings - 1823 to Olbermann's 1314. I'm not sure if your scale of "50 times" is very accurate, but I'd also like to point out that in the all important 25 to 54 demographic, Olbermann is actually ahead with 458 to Hannity's 412. So congrats to Hannity on his firm grip of the pre-teen and senor citizens markets.

Another point to consider is that if you're a right-wing, fear-mongering, fact-ignoring democracy-shredding conservative, you reall only have one source for the news, Fox, while we on the left have a plethora of networks, which if added up, well exceed Fox and destroys any notion that Fox is somehow a better news network. It's simply the ONLY network that caters to the 51% of ignorant Americans that voted for Bush, TWICE. Hell, even Comedy Central does a better job of insightful political discussion than Fox "Obama is the Anti-Christ"News.
Very nicely put.
Old 05-07-09, 02:16 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_aphex View Post

Well lets say that Olbermann is not as bad as Hannity but he is not the perfect example of objectivity either. I think that it is as naive to listen to either of them as your sole source of news.

Although I think that Hannity should man up and accept the challenge otherwise he fullfills the stereotype of the conservative guy who plays tough guy at home when others are fighting their war.
Old 05-07-09, 11:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfred View Post
Well lets say that Olbermann is not as bad as Hannity but he is not the perfect example of objectivity either. I think that it is as naive to listen to either of them as your sole source of news.
Agreed. I get my news from MSNBC, CNN, the AP, NPR.....really anywhere except Fox.

Quote:
Although I think that Hannity should man up and accept the challenge otherwise he fullfills the stereotype of the conservative guy who plays tough guy at home when others are fighting their war.
Definitely agree. He's like the conservative war-monger that makes sure his kids aren't shipped to Iraq.