SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Hardball Politics (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/hardball-politics/)
-   -   8 days of silence since Hannity volunteers to be waterboarded (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/hardball-politics/70890-8-days-silence-since-hannity-volunteers-waterboarded.html)

Guapo 05-04-09 01:47 AM

8 days of silence since Hannity volunteers to be waterboarded
 
Over a week ago — on Thurs., April 22 — Fox News’ torture enthusiast Sean Hannity agreed to be waterboarded for charity to prove that it is not torture. Though he dismissed waterboarding as simply taking someone’s head and “dunk[ing] it in water,” he has remained notably silent on his promise ever since, perhaps regretting that he volunteered to subject himself to the intensely terrifying suffocation experience. MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann offered last week to donate $1,000 to military families for every second Hannity is waterboarded. In the face of Hannity’s silence, Olbermann repeated the offer this week:
OLBERMANN: Sean, my offer still stands, 1,000 dollars a second. This is not a stunt nor game. Prove to those families you are a man of your word. In fact, prove you are a man.
Hannity, we await your reply.



Think Progress

Dasher 05-04-09 02:01 AM

:laugh :owned


as bugs bunny would say:

What a maroon.

elchiv 05-04-09 01:52 PM

Good luck Keith. Why would someone with 50 times the ratings of Countdown even mention his name? From a business standpoint it makes no sense. Maybe he should flash his degree again.

wu_aphex 05-05-09 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elchiv (Post 1136384)
Good luck Keith. Why would someone with 50 times the ratings of Countdown even mention his name? From a business standpoint it makes no sense. Maybe he should flash his degree again.

Just using the numbers from May 1st, Hannity does have higher overall ratings - 1823 to Olbermann's 1314. I'm not sure if your scale of "50 times" is very accurate, but I'd also like to point out that in the all important 25 to 54 demographic, Olbermann is actually ahead with 458 to Hannity's 412. So congrats to Hannity on his firm grip of the pre-teen and senor citizens markets.

Another point to consider is that if you're a right-wing, fear-mongering, fact-ignoring democracy-shredding conservative, you reall only have one source for the news, Fox, while we on the left have a plethora of networks, which if added up, well exceed Fox and destroys any notion that Fox is somehow a better news network. It's simply the ONLY network that caters to the 51% of ignorant Americans that voted for Bush, TWICE. Hell, even Comedy Central does a better job of insightful political discussion than Fox "Obama is the Anti-Christ"News.

Dasher 05-05-09 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu_aphex (Post 1136554)
Just using the numbers from May 1st, Hannity does have higher overall ratings - 1823 to Olbermann's 1314. I'm not sure if your scale of "50 times" is very accurate, but I'd also like to point out that in the all important 25 to 54 demographic, Olbermann is actually ahead with 458 to Hannity's 412. So congrats to Hannity on his firm grip of the pre-teen and senor citizens markets.

Another point to consider is that if you're a right-wing, fear-mongering, fact-ignoring democracy-shredding conservative, you reall only have one source for the news, Fox, while we on the left have a plethora of networks, which if added up, well exceed Fox and destroys any notion that Fox is somehow a better news network. It's simply the ONLY network that caters to the 51% of ignorant Americans that voted for Bush, TWICE. Hell, even Comedy Central does a better job of insightful political discussion than Fox "Obama is the Anti-Christ"News.

Very nicely put. :rockon

frenchfred 05-07-09 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu_aphex (Post 1136554)
Just using the numbers from May 1st, Hannity does have higher overall ratings - 1823 to Olbermann's 1314. I'm not sure if your scale of "50 times" is very accurate, but I'd also like to point out that in the all important 25 to 54 demographic, Olbermann is actually ahead with 458 to Hannity's 412. So congrats to Hannity on his firm grip of the pre-teen and senor citizens markets.

Another point to consider is that if you're a right-wing, fear-mongering, fact-ignoring democracy-shredding conservative, you reall only have one source for the news, Fox, while we on the left have a plethora of networks, which if added up, well exceed Fox and destroys any notion that Fox is somehow a better news network. It's simply the ONLY network that caters to the 51% of ignorant Americans that voted for Bush, TWICE. Hell, even Comedy Central does a better job of insightful political discussion than Fox "Obama is the Anti-Christ"News.

Well lets say that Olbermann is not as bad as Hannity but he is not the perfect example of objectivity either. I think that it is as naive to listen to either of them as your sole source of news.

Although I think that Hannity should man up and accept the challenge otherwise he fullfills the stereotype of the conservative guy who plays tough guy at home when others are fighting their war.

wu_aphex 05-08-09 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchfred (Post 1137090)
Well lets say that Olbermann is not as bad as Hannity but he is not the perfect example of objectivity either. I think that it is as naive to listen to either of them as your sole source of news.

Agreed. I get my news from MSNBC, CNN, the AP, NPR.....really anywhere except Fox.

Quote:

Although I think that Hannity should man up and accept the challenge otherwise he fullfills the stereotype of the conservative guy who plays tough guy at home when others are fighting their war.
Definitely agree. He's like the conservative war-monger that makes sure his kids aren't shipped to Iraq.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0