News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 03-02-09, 05:18 PM
TexasNative's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just outside LaGrange. A haw haw haw haw.
Posts: 4,327
GOP is Imploding

This should be the shining moment for the GOP. But instead of taking the bull by the horns and presenting its own viable plan for economic recovery, the GOP is imploding on itself. They are showing no leadership. They are infighting. They're pointing fingers. And Rush Limbaugh, somehow, has become the defacto spokesperson.

Freaking crazy.

The Republicans need to get their feces conglomerated.... fast.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-09, 06:40 PM
elchiv's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SATX
Posts: 548

The GOP will sit and allow the democrates to screw up for 2 years and then come back in 2010 and retake a house. Its the same thing the dems did in 2006.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-09, 08:06 AM
admin's Avatar
admin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-09, 08:51 AM
obijon80's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 439

The GOP will be fine. Just look at how the Dems surged back after they "imploded" after the 2000 election.

If you watch the whole speech, Rush Limbaugh actually makes a lot of sense, with the exception of the whole "I want Obama to fail" point. I, personally, don't agree with the methods used by the Dems to fix the economy, but I hope they succeed. The country needs success, no matter from what "side" it's generated. If what the Democrats are attempting doesn't work, then the Repubs will be back in 2010.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-09, 10:53 AM
JTD's Avatar
JTD JTD is offline
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: san antonio, texas usa
Posts: 867

Rush is a known racist, known drug addict and pretty much full of himself. I cannot believe anyone still listens to this guy! A true sign of desperation! It's too bad people take what he's saying as fact when it really is just his opinion!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-09, 10:55 AM
Money4Nothing's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Longview, TX
Posts: 3,283

I hate that Obama is doing the same kind of "scare tactic" campaigning for his stimulus bill that Bush pulled to justify his war in Iraq. "Things are gonna keep getting worse if you don't agree to my solution."

I guess I shouldn't expect the Democrats to be any different from the Republicans when it comes to shoe-horning their policies in.

$
__________________
When the Spurs lose...it makes Baby Jesus cry
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-09, 06:29 PM
TexasNative's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just outside LaGrange. A haw haw haw haw.
Posts: 4,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
I hate that Obama is doing the same kind of "scare tactic" campaigning for his stimulus bill that Bush pulled to justify his war in Iraq. "Things are gonna keep getting worse if you don't agree to my solution."

I guess I shouldn't expect the Democrats to be any different from the Republicans when it comes to shoe-horning their policies in.

$
I'm not happy with Obama right now either. I had no idea just how much of MY money this dude planned to piss away. F-ing unreal. And the mortgage rescue plan has me this/close to spitting nails.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-09, 11:46 AM
elchiv's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SATX
Posts: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTD View Post
Rush is a known racist, known drug addict and pretty much full of himself. I cannot believe anyone still listens to this guy! A true sign of desperation! It's too bad people take what he's saying as fact when it really is just his opinion!
The real issue is why people who disagree with Rush continue to talk about him and increase his popularity. I think he has somewhere between 19-20 million listeners who are not going away anytime soon.

Perhaps Obama should turn his attention to the issues he promised to address during the campaign because he has shown to be nothing more than fluff up to this point. His "we inherited a trillion dollar deficit" line will stop working as the economy goes from bad to worse the past few weeks. Going back on 25% of his promises hurts his creditbility. Rush doesn't matter.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-09, 05:22 PM
afraid's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTD View Post
Rush is a known racist, known drug addict and pretty much full of himself. I cannot believe anyone still listens to this guy! A true sign of desperation! It's too bad people take what he's saying as fact when it really is just his opinion!
Obama is a known racist, drug addict and full of himself. Read his books.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-09, 04:54 PM
frenchfred's Avatar
FrenchConnection
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toulouse, France
Posts: 6,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
The real issue is why people who disagree with Rush continue to talk about him and increase his popularity. I think he has somewhere between 19-20 million listeners who are not going away anytime soon.

Perhaps Obama should turn his attention to the issues he promised to address during the campaign because he has shown to be nothing more than fluff up to this point. His "we inherited a trillion dollar deficit" line will stop working as the economy goes from bad to worse the past few weeks. Going back on 25% of his promises hurts his creditbility. Rush doesn't matter.
That just means that they are at least 19-20 millions extremists on the right side in the US. I am not sure that this is a good thing. There are many smart people on the right, he is not one of them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-15-09, 03:26 PM
Kirby's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dream Land
Posts: 3,905

Ron Paul in '12. For serious. Do it.
__________________
This... is... SPURTA!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-15-09, 03:41 PM
WhiteChocolateJr's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Ron Paul in '12. For serious. Do it.
You know, I would expect RP to be in the press a LOT more than he has been. I mean, RP's entire '08 campaign was premised on the "sham" economy and the pending economic crises. Fast forward a year, and we're where he was predicting we were headed, and in the exact same handbasket that he foresaw.

I'd say, at a minimum, Ron Paul has earned a seat at the table.
__________________
Click HERE to see the rest of my "oversized" signature.
"Leadership is diving after loose balls." -Larry Bird
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-18-09, 11:30 AM
elchiv's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SATX
Posts: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfred View Post
That just means that they are at least 19-20 millions extremists on the right side in the US. I am not sure that this is a good thing. There are many smart people on the right, he is not one of them.
Yeah but there are 19-20 million extremists on the left side and about 250 million rational people who are wondering why their government is wasting time arguing with radio talk show host. Do they like having his ratings increase?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-18-09, 11:32 AM
elchiv's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SATX
Posts: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr View Post
You know, I would expect RP to be in the press a LOT more than he has been. I mean, RP's entire '08 campaign was premised on the "sham" economy and the pending economic crises. Fast forward a year, and we're where he was predicting we were headed, and in the exact same handbasket that he foresaw.

I'd say, at a minimum, Ron Paul has earned a seat at the table.
The media and the GOP painted him as crazy and for a large part, that is the way people seem to see him. It is completely unfounded as he is a very a brilliant and intelligent man, but sadly, people pay attention to sound bytes and 20 second clips.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-19-09, 11:01 AM
Money4Nothing's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Longview, TX
Posts: 3,283

I love how Ron Paul was EXACTLY RIGHT all along and was calling it while everyone else in politics thought he was a loudmouthed buffoon. Where are all the naysayers now?

I'm no Ron Paul fan, but dude was on the money, and deserves his props.

$
__________________
When the Spurs lose...it makes Baby Jesus cry
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-26-09, 02:08 PM
necron 99's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: dismusbedaplace
Posts: 1,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
I'm not happy with Obama right now either. I had no idea just how much of MY money this dude planned to piss away. F-ing unreal. And the mortgage rescue plan has me this/close to spitting nails.
Don't be silly, If you really had "no idea" how much of YOUR money (and mine btw) he was going to piss away then you are not TexasNative you are TexasNaive.
__________________
Signature deleted; did not meet forum guidelines. At least thats what I was told.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-27-09, 10:51 AM
Amente's Avatar
SpursReport Mod Geezer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 10,528

It is more like the nation as a whole imploding.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-27-09, 07:46 PM
Jason R's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 6,768

Don't be silly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-28-09, 02:12 PM
TheLadiesMike's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
The media and the GOP painted him as crazy and for a large part, that is the way people seem to see him. It is completely unfounded as he is a very a brilliant and intelligent man, but sadly, people pay attention to sound bytes and 20 second clips.
In my experience, part of the Ron Paul reputation comes from his supporters. A large portion of those vocally supporting him were total loons.
__________________
Destiny rides again!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-31-09, 08:40 PM
Bud's Avatar
Bud Bud is offline
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 32

The repubs needs to get their act together, and quick. The dems are tearing this nation apart. Not that I think the repubs should have free reign either, but the dems are having a field day. We need some balance, and if we're lucky, some checks too.

I feel no pity for those who voted for this president out of emotion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-03-09, 07:13 PM
Camarosuper6's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 99

Even crazy people can have valid points.
__________________
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-12-09, 03:05 PM
WhiteChocolateJr's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
The repubs needs to get their act together, and quick. The dems are tearing this nation apart. Not that I think the repubs should have free reign either, but the dems are having a field day. We need some balance, and if we're lucky, some checks too.

I feel no pity for those who voted for this president out of emotion.
__________________
Click HERE to see the rest of my "oversized" signature.
"Leadership is diving after loose balls." -Larry Bird
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-12-09, 05:23 PM
Dasher's Avatar
Dr. Dash
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,799

Yeah get a grip GOP. If not you're going to be very unhappy for the next four (hopefully eight) years.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-12-09, 08:31 PM
Jason R's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 6,768

Anybody who unwaveringly supports Obama is a buffoon. That said, what's happening in government right now in my opinion pales in contrast to the erosion of civil liberties that Bush was willing to commit to in order to wage his war on terror.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-13-09, 02:15 PM
Bud's Avatar
Bud Bud is offline
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R View Post
Anybody who unwaveringly supports Obama is a buffoon. That said, what's happening in government right now in my opinion pales in contrast to the erosion of civil liberties that Bush was willing to commit to in order to wage his war on terror.
Agree with you on what a travesty it is regarding civil liberties, but disagree that the current situation pales in comparison. Laws are easily reversed relative to the amount of time it will take to repay all the money we're spending that we don't have.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-13-09, 02:26 PM
Bud's Avatar
Bud Bud is offline
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr View Post
Jon Stewart is a funny guy. But I hope you're not trying to say that I believe that Obama's a tyrant, or that I'm a republican.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-15-09, 04:06 AM
frenchfred's Avatar
FrenchConnection
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toulouse, France
Posts: 6,525

Honestly the Hannity and Co. are ridiculous. That's the only line of defense that they have, tyranny? Seriously? After what happened they still want more deregulation and tax cuts, are they so blind?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-15-09, 04:26 PM
afraid's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6

:richb
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0