News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-02-09, 05:18 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

GOP is Imploding

This should be the shining moment for the GOP. But instead of taking the bull by the horns and presenting its own viable plan for economic recovery, the GOP is imploding on itself. They are showing no leadership. They are infighting. They're pointing fingers. And Rush Limbaugh, somehow, has become the defacto spokesperson.

Freaking crazy.

The Republicans need to get their feces conglomerated.... fast.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-02-09, 06:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The GOP will sit and allow the democrates to screw up for 2 years and then come back in 2010 and retake a house. Its the same thing the dems did in 2006.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-03-09, 08:06 AM
admin

Old 03-04-09, 08:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The GOP will be fine. Just look at how the Dems surged back after they "imploded" after the 2000 election.

If you watch the whole speech, Rush Limbaugh actually makes a lot of sense, with the exception of the whole "I want Obama to fail" point. I, personally, don't agree with the methods used by the Dems to fix the economy, but I hope they succeed. The country needs success, no matter from what "side" it's generated. If what the Democrats are attempting doesn't work, then the Repubs will be back in 2010.
Old 03-04-09, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Rush is a known racist, known drug addict and pretty much full of himself. I cannot believe anyone still listens to this guy! A true sign of desperation! It's too bad people take what he's saying as fact when it really is just his opinion!
Old 03-04-09, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I hate that Obama is doing the same kind of "scare tactic" campaigning for his stimulus bill that Bush pulled to justify his war in Iraq. "Things are gonna keep getting worse if you don't agree to my solution."

I guess I shouldn't expect the Democrats to be any different from the Republicans when it comes to shoe-horning their policies in.

$
Old 03-04-09, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
I hate that Obama is doing the same kind of "scare tactic" campaigning for his stimulus bill that Bush pulled to justify his war in Iraq. "Things are gonna keep getting worse if you don't agree to my solution."

I guess I shouldn't expect the Democrats to be any different from the Republicans when it comes to shoe-horning their policies in.

$
I'm not happy with Obama right now either. I had no idea just how much of MY money this dude planned to piss away. F-ing unreal. And the mortgage rescue plan has me this/close to spitting nails.
Old 03-05-09, 11:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTD View Post
Rush is a known racist, known drug addict and pretty much full of himself. I cannot believe anyone still listens to this guy! A true sign of desperation! It's too bad people take what he's saying as fact when it really is just his opinion!
The real issue is why people who disagree with Rush continue to talk about him and increase his popularity. I think he has somewhere between 19-20 million listeners who are not going away anytime soon.

Perhaps Obama should turn his attention to the issues he promised to address during the campaign because he has shown to be nothing more than fluff up to this point. His "we inherited a trillion dollar deficit" line will stop working as the economy goes from bad to worse the past few weeks. Going back on 25% of his promises hurts his creditbility. Rush doesn't matter.
Old 03-05-09, 05:22 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTD View Post
Obama is a known racist, drug addict and full of himself. Read his books.
Old 03-14-09, 04:54 PM
FrenchConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
The real issue is why people who disagree with Rush continue to talk about him and increase his popularity. I think he has somewhere between 19-20 million listeners who are not going away anytime soon.

Perhaps Obama should turn his attention to the issues he promised to address during the campaign because he has shown to be nothing more than fluff up to this point. His "we inherited a trillion dollar deficit" line will stop working as the economy goes from bad to worse the past few weeks. Going back on 25% of his promises hurts his creditbility. Rush doesn't matter.
That just means that they are at least 19-20 millions extremists on the right side in the US. I am not sure that this is a good thing. There are many smart people on the right, he is not one of them.
Old 03-15-09, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Ron Paul in '12. For serious. Do it.
Old 03-15-09, 03:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Ron Paul in '12. For serious. Do it.
You know, I would expect RP to be in the press a LOT more than he has been. I mean, RP's entire '08 campaign was premised on the "sham" economy and the pending economic crises. Fast forward a year, and we're where he was predicting we were headed, and in the exact same handbasket that he foresaw.

I'd say, at a minimum, Ron Paul has earned a seat at the table.
Old 03-18-09, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfred View Post
That just means that they are at least 19-20 millions extremists on the right side in the US. I am not sure that this is a good thing. There are many smart people on the right, he is not one of them.
Yeah but there are 19-20 million extremists on the left side and about 250 million rational people who are wondering why their government is wasting time arguing with radio talk show host. Do they like having his ratings increase?
Old 03-18-09, 11:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr View Post
You know, I would expect RP to be in the press a LOT more than he has been. I mean, RP's entire '08 campaign was premised on the "sham" economy and the pending economic crises. Fast forward a year, and we're where he was predicting we were headed, and in the exact same handbasket that he foresaw.

I'd say, at a minimum, Ron Paul has earned a seat at the table.
The media and the GOP painted him as crazy and for a large part, that is the way people seem to see him. It is completely unfounded as he is a very a brilliant and intelligent man, but sadly, people pay attention to sound bytes and 20 second clips.
Old 03-19-09, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I love how Ron Paul was EXACTLY RIGHT all along and was calling it while everyone else in politics thought he was a loudmouthed buffoon. Where are all the naysayers now?

I'm no Ron Paul fan, but dude was on the money, and deserves his props.

$
Old 03-26-09, 02:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
I'm not happy with Obama right now either. I had no idea just how much of MY money this dude planned to piss away. F-ing unreal. And the mortgage rescue plan has me this/close to spitting nails.
Don't be silly, If you really had "no idea" how much of YOUR money (and mine btw) he was going to piss away then you are not TexasNative you are TexasNaive.
Old 03-27-09, 10:51 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

It is more like the nation as a whole imploding.
Old 03-27-09, 07:46 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Don't be silly.
Old 03-28-09, 02:12 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
The media and the GOP painted him as crazy and for a large part, that is the way people seem to see him. It is completely unfounded as he is a very a brilliant and intelligent man, but sadly, people pay attention to sound bytes and 20 second clips.
In my experience, part of the Ron Paul reputation comes from his supporters. A large portion of those vocally supporting him were total loons.
Old 03-31-09, 08:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The repubs needs to get their act together, and quick. The dems are tearing this nation apart. Not that I think the repubs should have free reign either, but the dems are having a field day. We need some balance, and if we're lucky, some checks too.

I feel no pity for those who voted for this president out of emotion.
Old 04-03-09, 07:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Even crazy people can have valid points.
Old 04-12-09, 03:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
The repubs needs to get their act together, and quick. The dems are tearing this nation apart. Not that I think the repubs should have free reign either, but the dems are having a field day. We need some balance, and if we're lucky, some checks too.

I feel no pity for those who voted for this president out of emotion.
Old 04-12-09, 05:23 PM
Dr. Dash

Yeah get a grip GOP. If not you're going to be very unhappy for the next four (hopefully eight) years.

Old 04-12-09, 08:31 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Anybody who unwaveringly supports Obama is a buffoon. That said, what's happening in government right now in my opinion pales in contrast to the erosion of civil liberties that Bush was willing to commit to in order to wage his war on terror.
Old 04-13-09, 02:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R View Post
Anybody who unwaveringly supports Obama is a buffoon. That said, what's happening in government right now in my opinion pales in contrast to the erosion of civil liberties that Bush was willing to commit to in order to wage his war on terror.
Agree with you on what a travesty it is regarding civil liberties, but disagree that the current situation pales in comparison. Laws are easily reversed relative to the amount of time it will take to repay all the money we're spending that we don't have.
Old 04-13-09, 02:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr View Post
Jon Stewart is a funny guy. But I hope you're not trying to say that I believe that Obama's a tyrant, or that I'm a republican.
Old 04-15-09, 04:06 AM
FrenchConnection

Honestly the Hannity and Co. are ridiculous. That's the only line of defense that they have, tyranny? Seriously? After what happened they still want more deregulation and tax cuts, are they so blind?
Old 04-15-09, 04:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

:richb