SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-09, 12:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Kiefer Sutherland Off the Hook for Head-Butt

Kiefer Sutherland Off the Hook for Head-Butt
Today 3:45 PM PDT by Natalie Finn

What Kiefer Sutherland did was pretty dumb, but not criminal.

As expected, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office has opted not to prosecute the actor for misdemeanor assault in connection with his fight with designer Jack McCollough in May.

The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office won't be going after Sutherland for probation violation on his 2007 DUI, either, after conducting its own investigation into his questionable conduct.

New York police threw the book at him, but the case had been going nowhere since the 24 star and McCollough issued a joint "all is well" statement, not long after Sutherland's head met McCollough's nose in one of the dirtiest cheap shots since Johnny swept the leg in The Karate Kid.

"Do you think that you're Jack Bauer?" Late Night host Jimmy Fallon asked Sutherland during his May 21 appearance on the show.

"Absolutely not, absolutely not," the Emmy winner said. "I learned that really clearly the first season.

"We can joke about it, I guess," Sutherland added, "but it's something I really regret having happened."

Blair Berk and Michael Miller, his attorneys in Los Angeles and New York, respectively, declined E! News' latest requests for comment.

—Additional reporting by Ashley Fultz

(Originally published July 21, 2009, at 3:13 p.m. PT)

Kiefer Sutherland Off the Hook for Head-Butt - E! Online
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!